Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Loreto, should we go?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2020 at 03:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

Lee, it's easy to discount and say "oh, you're just too thin-skinned!" The fact is, we're missing out on people who aren't willing to put on body armor to participate here. It's a loss, and we're seeing it in the lack of diversity and new blood.

Ni modo, it's not likely to change, but it's sad.

Lencho -- you registered long ago, but you are a newbie here. 79 posts is a newbie. As for those who have gone, goodbye. People leave for different reasons. If this forum is toxic for some and they leave, I think they don't belong here. Simple as that.

Disagree that anyone needs body armor. You're describing snow flakes. Now, I don't understand why some nomads don't leave JZ alone. To me, his stories and travels are interesting. Photos are a plus. He has his own ideas about the virus, which I ignore. As I do about the virus posts, anyway.

I wade through do-do sometimes to get to the good parts here. I suggest people do the same. Take what works, and ignore the rest.

Can't speak for Bill but can paraphrase an attitude some share. If the nomads here, who you've never met, can write words that hurt or offend you, your ego is too fragile for this forum.

Ged, Tom, and you lencho, not sure why you feel the need to pick on JZ. Get a life and stop being snarky. It's beneath you.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2020 at 09:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Why do liberals hate other viewpoints, other ideas to the point they hope to silence them through insults and harassing? Liberals used to claim to be in favor of other ideas and free discussion. Nick Campion is a gentleman and hospitable Nomad. Is name calling making you feel good? It is so juvenile.

You David, are the reason I don't contribute anymore. You praise Trump while you claim to hate name-calling, you go off-topic again and again claiming you are above it. I'm so sick of your ignorant, arrogant head-hole comments. My apologies to the original poster but this went sideways because you, DK needed to slam liberals. DK, you should be banned or at least head slapped.

Again, my apologies to the OP who had a sincere question with legit advice from great peeps. If you all want some fun, go to search, find David K, and type "liberal". You will clearly see who belongs off-topic. Mic drop burro hole. I'm freaking done.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-20-2020 at 10:52 PM

Bajadogs,
While I totally agree with your take on DK, I must accept responsibility for taking the OP's topic sideways with my comment about JZ's continuing to minimize Covid risk management by encouraging travel to Baja and other places when more informed and responsible Nomads provided their opinions to discourage the OP's trip to Loreto....a suggestion which the OP accepted gracefully.

And I agree with Lee's comment.....JZ is an easy target for my frustration with his type.....and I have come to realize it is of no value to comment on his posts.

P.S. Let me know when the head-slapping line-up starts :biggrin:

[Edited on 8-21-2020 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 05:53 AM

I have heard chatter that hotels are open in Loreto. Please note that recently (and who knows if it has changed, it is Mexico after all) that the launch ramp is closed to anyone who does not have a permit allowing them to take out clients who want to fish. In other words, no private boats are allowed to launch, even if you hire a local captain for your boat. I assume this is to encourage tourists to pay for the experience of fishing, snorkeling, diving, etc.

If you do go stay at the yurts at San Ignacio Springs. They are open and clean. I am jealous - I usually go twice a year but am choosing to stay home out of respect of current Mexican law. I shudder to think of the condition our house will be in but I go as an FMM tourist and do not have residency.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.