BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Laptop for Tidiana's daughter!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2020 at 03:14 PM
Laptop for Tidiana's daughter!

The local Indian family came to me about a week ago and said they were worried because classes for their kids was going to be a combo of TV and online - we all know that they don't even have electricity.

Enter Paul David Mena who let me know that he was sending notebooks, pens and a used laptop to my Mom's address, enter Peruvians who wrote that they were coming to our hotel and enter Blanca who asked perfect strangers if they would stop by her Mom's house, pick up the laptop box, pick up another big box of tshirts that were donated to the scholarship kids and even asked them to go to costco for Les's favorite cheddar cheese!

In exchange I had dinner waiting for them in the fridge when they arrived - tired after one long day of driving!

Los Peruanos - the Peruvian surfers looking for waves and following Hurricane Genevieve to find them.

From La Bocana they went south to San Juanico.

Here is the bounty they brought.

TSHIRTS (and I have 5 more boxes of them if anyone is headed south).

David Paul Mena (nomad) shipped pens and notebooks and I am running OH SO LOW .... thank you thank you thank you!

David also sent a used laptop and I asked permission to give it to Tidiana's kid Jired who will need it for online classes! Gracias Gracias

The Laptop

Photo of Jired when she came over to see it! She is tickled pink guys. So am I! Merci Merci beaucoup David! Notice that Frida the cat snuck into the picture.

and lastly, Spanish programs have to be loaded so I dropped it off to our local super brain Vanessa. She is vice principal at the high school (it pays to have connections!!!) and is so computer savvy. Gracias, Vanessa!

It has been a wonderful week everyone! The best part is that Hurricane Genevieve brought waves but did NOT bring destruction to us at all excpept for some plants of mine that fell over....but that could have been the cats too LOL

Thanks Augusto y amigos. Thanks David. Thanks world!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2020 at 04:05 PM

Look who just stopped by asking for school supplies for tomorrow!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2020 at 10:41 PM

Kerrygold Dubliner...
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2020 at 03:52 PM

Wow how does it get any better. People helping people they don't even know.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2020 at 04:56 PM

I know! Thanks Peruvians! and Tom, I am pretty sure the first time you came you brought SO MUCH SCHOOL SUPPLIES! You didn't know me either! You make the world better too!

Come visit La Bocana

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2020 at 05:30 AM

How old is Jired? That laptop could be older than she is. It's a Dell Latitude E6410, circa 2010. I bought it used in 2015, doubled the memory, replaced the hard drive, and got another 5 solid years out of it before I felt I needed something newer. It will probably outlast the one I just bought!

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2020 at 03:50 PM

She is 8 years old!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.