Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Enrique is about to graduate! Lesly and Regina
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2020 at 05:25 AM
Enrique is about to graduate! Lesly and Regina

Enrique is our latest graduate, October is the date. As with everything graduation related now, it will be an online ceremony.

We have sponsored Enrique since high school, Here is a photo of when he was my English student here in La Bocana, I had the scholarship students come over to the hotel to learn how to cook - this day they were making lasagna! Enrique in his dark sweater and Alen (the one who is starting up the fertilizer company) stirring.

He is preparing to defend his thesis in a couple days. It took him 6 months longer but finally he is done done done.

He must pay for the diploma and i am wondering if anyone wants to be his last sponsor? The charge is $3000 pesos or $150.

Then, 2 days ago I had a visit from Lesly. This year she is a senior in high school. She was my English student in middle school and she is smart and incredibly mature for her age. We always cover her public school fees which are $800 pesos this year.

Lesly

This time she came with a friend named Regina. Regina comes from a ranch in Baja Norte and this is her first time in the "big city". An aunt has offered to let her live with her here but she is struggling to make ends meet. They also asked for help covering the $800 peso fees for high school.

Regina

Regina told me her grades were not so good for 8th grades since she had a lot of problems at home. She did not want to go into detail, I will meet one on one with her sometime in the future to see if I can understand better. Lesly has promised to work with her to make sure she understands the material.

So, I could use some help with these ladies! Here they are at the garden table here at the house. I gave them notebooks, pens and white xerox sheets that you all donated.

Regina is going to need a laptop.

$800 pesos rounds up to $40 each student.

H E L P please.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2020 at 07:41 AM

Lesly and Regina covered!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2020 at 06:39 PM

Enrique covered! OMGosh, you have no idea how relieved I am! Having a title is the most important part of graduation...basically, it is fundamental in getting a real good job. It is sometimes a year long process, so different from the US system.

Thank you thank you thank you ALL OF YOUSE!!!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.