Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shoe sponsors needed! FULLY FUNDED! Dec 2020 News update
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 02:42 PM
Shoe sponsors needed! FULLY FUNDED! Dec 2020 News update

Hi boys and girls!

I am looking for tennis shoe donors for the Indigenous family's 7 kids. I had mom draw their feet. I measured the biggest foot of each child and I found the Mexican shoe size equivalent. Amazon Mexico has a very well reviewed tennis shoe at $30 a pair, when delivery charges are included.

It would be awesome to find 7 sponsors.

ZELLE is the best option if you can swing it and the email for both zelle and paypal is portella dot blanca at gmail dot com

Pics of the shoe size drawings.

JIRED

SAUL

Ismael size 20

Here is a shot of the Amazon shoes

When the kids stopped by today, they asked for toothbrushes and all got one along with a big tube of toothpaste! Notice that 2 of the kids are not wearing shoes???? They don't own any. This just breaks my heart and of course, they all have runny noses/colds.

BTW These toothbrushes were donated by Baja Steve! All the students I come into contact with get one. Thanks Steve!!!

Next item: Yesterday was payday for the tutors, but Les and I had to go to San Ignacio to get my insulin, so I went by the kids houses really early after sending them a message that I was on my way. They sent our their parents HAHAHAHA They were all still in bed.

Here is Ana, Elizabeth and Alberto's mom:

Here is Linda, Sannia's mom:

Here is Dago, the president of the coop here in La Bocana, Danna's step dad:

I could not get a hold of Jesus, so I left his cash under a plant here at the house and he came to get it once awake.

The best part of last week was that Ernia and wife Vicky came to stay with us! He brought Les's Irish cheddar cheese and got a free night at the hotel. Les craves his cheese that much! It was wonderful to see Ernie again and really wonderful to meet Vicky!!

Next item: a really kind Baja Nomader sent some extra cash which I have applied to buying fruit for the Indigeous family. Tidiana told me that she never bought fruit and we know those vitamins and minerals are crucial to their diet. After explaining how important fruit is in the develpement of children, this is the photo of last weeks bonanza!!

Those grins are how I feel today! How about you? Have a great weekend everyone!

[Edited on 12-5-2020 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 12-6-2020 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 12-7-2020 by BajaNomad]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 02:51 PM

WHO ARE YOU??? Someone just sent $1900 pesos!

Thanks so much!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 02:55 PM

:cool::dudette:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 04:34 PM

Was it YOU? Gracias!!!!!!

Come visit La Bocana

windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2020 at 10:58 AM

So good to see the big smiles - made my day and warmed my vegetarian heart!

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2020 at 03:18 PM

FIRST the great news! All 7 sneakers are fully funded. Two amigos, John B being one of them, are sponsoring 2 pair each. Blessed be the Lord and bendiciones for the three donors!

Gracias EL GATO LOCO (what a cool name).

Going to order in a minute.

I have no idea how long the tutoring needs to go on. Vacation starts the 21st and classes restart the 11th January.

What a great day in Paradise.

Come visit La Bocana

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2020 at 05:32 PM

Hooray Blanca!
It's heartwarming to see your updates:bounce:
I imagine the $ I sent went to one of these causes ..
Blessings and prayers, Lori

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2020 at 05:22 AM

Lori! The money you sent is buying the FRUIT! HOw cool is that?!

Thanks so much.

So, Amazon Mexico would not let me order the shoes...going to see what I can figure out.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.