Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mask mandates in Baja
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-6-2021 at 04:17 PM
Mask mandates in Baja

How are the mask mandates being perceived in Baja public opinion now that things are tightening up in summertime delta surge response?

Here is usa, some people are going bat chit, some whacko govs and state govts are threatening financial penalties against local agencies or governments that choose to impose mask mandates in their local communities.

I come from a construction industry where health and safety is job 1 — i have never heard of a government banning a health and safety practice for political reasons. Totally nutso. Hipe baja is not seeing such political lunacy.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Bajazly
Super Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 8-6-2021 at 06:38 PM

Pretty much unchanged here in SF, everybody for the most part still wears a mask and there is no big hub bub about it.

I was in Bahia de Los Angeles a couple weeks ago and some places were super strict about entry without a mask and others not so much.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2021 at 06:53 PM

We went down to Loreto right after getting vaxxed. Most ppl were wearing them. Indoors and outdoors.

No one went nuts if you weren't wearing one and minding your own business away from others. I'm sure they are stricter now with delta.

Going down to Loreto and La Paz at the end of Sept. Hopefully, it's calmed down by then. Will wear one when required. But mostly we'll be out on the ocean away from ppl.

In the part of LA county we are in, stores will all post that masks are required, but for the smaller stores at least, probably 40-50% aren't wearing them and no says anything. Ventura County has much less mask wearing.

[Edited on 8-9-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 8-6-2021 at 08:22 PM

Just like before. 90% of people wear them around their neck or on their chin.
DIWR17
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2021 at 08:18 AM

Summer time normal here in SJD. The locals are still wearing their masks driving around in their cars with the windows up. We wear them walking into a restaurant and in the stores. I always ask our guys at the beach club and the girls in the office, how their family and friends are. So far the same response. Nobody is sick and they don't know anyone close to them that is.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 8-7-2021 at 12:07 PM

at least in the rosarito area seems to me locals embrace em, but what they need is a bounty on em, discarded masks are everywhere, give kids a peso per mask and clean up the streets:D
rzitren
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2021 at 07:12 AM

In Loreto now and masks are required indoors. We wear them entering a restaurant and take them off at the table. They take your temperature and give you a dab of sanitizer gel when you sit down. Not a big deal.
surfhat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2021 at 10:26 AM

The calls for freedumb from wearing masks is example of ignorance and misplaced freedoms to not infect others, which should have been all of our priorities.

Such a simple idea that should not have had to been mandated if a cognitive populace was acting as it should.

It is beyond clear that we do not have such clarity thanks to some perspectives that rely upon unreliable sources. Yet, they persist.

There is no reasoning with those who are committed to their positions, and they deserve to be literally committed for their supporting strategies that only serve to prolong the current miasma.

It appears even the republicans are now coming around to the value of vaccinations.

That it took the latest Delta covid strain to wake them up, is hopeful at last.

Lambda is on its way.

Just vaccinate for ........ sake, while is still helps.

I fully expect a third Moderna booster shot before the years end, and this fact, does not discount all that has been done for all of us to get this much protection.

Nothing is absolute. The Novel Covid Virus was called novel for a reason. The speed with which we came to any sort of protection is miraculous. The MRNA tech. has been explored for a couple of decades, more or less, and we are so lucky it has been there to use when it was most needed.

How can this be up for debate? Never mind. The bs will certainly follow, as much as it is certainly allowed. If my post deserves to be deleted, I will accept that and won't bother to post again.

With appreciation for Nomad and all it has given back for years.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2021 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rzitren  
In Loreto now and masks are required indoors. We wear them entering a restaurant and take them off at the table. They take your temperature and give you a dab of sanitizer gel when you sit down. Not a big deal.

And at the Mercado, patrons step in a tray on the ground to sanitize their shoes.

Few months ago, beach was closed to recreation. OK to walk and keep moving. Oh, and Police were enforcing masks. At least for gringoes.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2021 at 10:58 PM

weve been wearing mandatory masks indoors for over a year now, in the hot ass Loreto sun, nobody really b-tches about it except for the tourist gringos who try and argue with the poor clerks trying to tell them to put a mask on every time they walk in

Loreto hitting record numbers of infections, beaches are all closed, its hotter than the face of the sun, come on down!

[Edited on 8-9-2021 by defrag4]

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.