Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Thanksgiving week 2021
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2021 at 03:18 AM
Thanksgiving week 2021

It has been a wonderful week here in La Bocana!

Scholarship recipient Martha came over with mom, dad and sister for a visit. College is finished, her internship is finished and now she is exploring avenues for a job. She had thought SAPA would come thru and it did not, now she is looking at the western union - telecomm where a position has just opened up. Fingers crossed, everyone!

I stopped by to visit Alondra who now interns at the La Bocana plant office. She is happy at work and starts officially next March 2022 with a contract. She caught Covid and still has a headache weeks afterwards and her upper shoulder aches. She will go to Ensenada to get checked out.

It was so neat to see her Mom and chat with them. TMW was her sponsor (how do we ever thank you enough?) and all of you helped with dentist and internet and so much more. THANKS. Look what we accomplished!

We have nomad bajazly staying with us at the hotel! I regret that we have not had much time to spend together: they are fishing fishing fishing and we are busy selling our stuff to locals....such an ordeal to go through every object one owns and put a price in it!

I do know that he was in the Baja 1000!

Dayr (another graduate) is working at Soriana office HR in Cabo. He loves his job and it was his birthday 2 days ago. Look what he found when he got to work!

He is seated and the woman right next to him is his boss.

All the comments made by coworkers and his boss indicate that he is very well liked. Proud proud proud!

Yesterday was Sarahi's birthday and I was the only outsider invited. I had told her that I would bring the cake. I also talked to Abraham and Tidiana to have the kids ready for their yearly photos. I gave them a photo album last year and will do an update and print up the pics every year.

Here are some of the shots of the wonderful gathering. These were taken in the salon Sarahi is having her brother Abraham build. She arrived in La Bocana just a bit ago and immediately started working. She is doing so well! The community supports her 100%. When I asked her what her plans were for the next 12 months, she said she wants to work hard, save money, fix up the salon and then take her Mom to Acapulco where she is from since Mom has not seen her family for a long time. Gotta love Sarahi's big heart! Gotta love that she hired her own brother! Gotta love that she is now able to support her Mom.

Here she is with her Mom.

Here she is with her niece Jireth.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with Sarahi. When she was in middle school and my student, we all sponsored her lunches because the family could not afford food. Here she is now plannng to take her Mom on vacation! The meal they made was posole and it was unbelievably delicious. Here is a pic of the 7 kids at their table - looking out from what will be the window in Sarahi's salon.

Here are some photos of the little kids (Tidiana's) that I am going to have printed up. The kids now call me Nana Blanca (Gma Blanca).

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I am most grateful for this forum which gave me the means to share the stories and the successes. Thanks to each and every one of you who take a moment to comment on the stories! This is our village.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.