Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Christmas for Tidiana and Abraham's kids
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2021 at 08:06 PM
Christmas for Tidiana and Abraham's kids

Look what a fun day we had! It was the day chosen to give all 7 of Tidiana and Abraham's kids their baseball gifts.

I asked my scholarship student who just graduated in Law to wrap everything. She is wearing her brand new San Diego t-shirt she just got at our posada the other day!

Then I set all the gifts on the porch.

Then the kids came and were so so soooooooooooooo excited!

Tidiana opened her silverware.

Abraham opened up the dishes.

Phil and his wife bought all the goodies for the family! I cannot thank them enough! Perhaps you remember that we delivered a blanket to each child...

I held on to all these goodies so that we had xmas presents. Thanks Phil, thanks to your wife and thanks Chris!

Besides all the gifts Phil gave, I printed up the annual photos of each child and a couple of them as a family. They will add them to the family album we started in 2020.

We gave the kids a bike this past year and Jireth loves that bike more than anything. I was given a bike gizmo that one puts on the spokes and it glows designs and will even tell you your speed.

Our good friends Aida and Ernesto are here and they brought us watermelon scented notebooks LOL Each kid got one today!

The other donation for the kids were all the notebooks Cody and Seth brought earlier this month.

Lastly, Aburuss brought the MOST AMAZING donation. My goodness, he was not kidding when he told me he had a lot to give us. Notebooks, pencils, gazillions of crayons and more.

In retrospect, we did HUGE things this year. This Christmas gift giving today was beautiful. The kids are set with school material for the next semester. They have many books and I bought them more that I will give them soon. We got them set up in a new home that although not 100% completed does have running water to the house and I paid 12 months of water in advance so that 2023 is covered. It has electricity and they have a huge family size fridge up and running. They feel better about their life in general.

Thanks absolutely everyone for kind words, for notebooks, for cash donations when I need it, for showing the love for our fellow humans whom many of you have never met!

Merry Christmas from us all ~ Blanca

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2021 at 09:56 PM

So good to see everyone pitching in to help out. Keep us posted on future needs, we hope to be headed down next month and can bring some items. We will be in our truck so we will have more hauling ability then on the motos.
pjpvi
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2021 at 11:33 PM

Thank you for sharing Blanca! I love seeing the photos and all the happy faces.

I want to recognize my friends Larry & Kathy for donating the baseball bats, bag, and adult glove and my friends Gordon & Vicki who provided the blankets for the kids. Glad we could help bring a little joy for them.

Phil
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2021 at 08:33 PM

Oh my gosh lencho, it was one huge headache and eventually the original pipe installer came and put in a wider tube. Pronto, the issue was resolved.

I realize that I forgot to mention the tutors. The kids went from not liking school at all to being stars! They are all on board with how important school is. BINGO. Thanks so much, my depositors, I could never have done this without your support.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2021 at 08:38 PM

Today was Tidiana's birthday! She came over and I gave her some money with instructions to spend it on herself!

We had coffee together and chatted while Abraham worked for a friend of Les's who owns a lot in front and to the right of the hotel. He got Abraham to put stakes to identify the corners. In a year and a half, Ernesto and his wife will be 6 month residents of La Bocana. Be sure to say hi if you come to La Bocana!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.