Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: This week in La Bocana BCS
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2022 at 03:31 AM
This week in La Bocana BCS

The kids and I did two cleanups this week. One, I asked for and the other THEY asked for.

After working:

A before and an after photo:

Les and I went to dinner at the beach restaurant. They are on a roll and the food has been de li cious! Garlic shrimp, margaritas and beer all for under $30.

La Bocana is getting a malecon put in! Here are the trucks:

Here is the future boardwalk. It is going to be located between the poolhall and the old packaging plant.

Last year also brought us the local LA BOCANA sign, it has been embellished with plants and a VIRGEN DE GUADALUPE statue. Your top model Blanca is showing off the sign!

From afar

close up

and this KEEP IT CLEAN sign was made by Les's son who used to do graphic design, probably 12 or more years ago. There are a couple around town reminding folks to keep areas clean. This one was relocated to the right of the Virgin statue.

News Flash of the Year!!!! We had internet installed at Abraham and Tidiana's house!!! Les and I donated the entertainment center about a week ago and it is the location of the modem etc. The first thing the family did was call me on whatsapp with video! It was an big moment for all of us. I told them I really wanted to be in touch with them and esp. the kids, even while living in Turkey.

There is no more school in person, so all the kids are getting tutored again. I actually prefer it since they were making the kids take and use 2 masks a day. They had to arrive and put one on as they entered class and throw it away at break and put on another one. I complied but jeez louise, that is ridiculously expensive to do with 4 kids.

Yesterday's shots

Congratulations if you have read this far ahaahaaa I give you an A+!!

This was a LONG thread but mostly photos. I do need funds for the tutoring if you want to help out. I pay 1600 pesos a month to each tutor for 5 classes a week. $80 dollars at 20 to the buck. You can zelle me or express send thru wells fargo or last case preferred is paypal since they take a portion of the funds. For any of the above, use my email at portella.blanca@gmail.com

Make it a great day!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2022 at 05:10 PM

What a wonderful person you are, Blanca!!!!

Turkey better appreciate what they're getting.

John
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2022 at 11:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
What a wonderful person you are, Blanca!!!!

Turkey better appreciate what they're getting.

John

x100! :dudette:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2022 at 05:04 AM

Why are you moving to Turkey?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2022 at 07:19 AM

So, first questions first: they have one cell phone and bless Emmanuel, he actually tried to see what material his teacher had sent on it and called me to say....the writing is too small and I cannot do the schoolwork! I told him to hang in there and wait for the tutor.

I had given them a laptop and apparently the keyboard is not working well so they took it to my computer guy (David) who knows to fix anything Blanca student related. He has ordered another one which should be here any day now.

He will also download the educational games for them.

Question 2: why are we moving to Turkey? We went on vacation and after 3 weeks in Alanya, found a wonderful apartment, fell in love with the city and are off on a new adventure!

I still have 5 scholarship students in college and I have promised Tidiana's 7 kids that we will sponsor them all the way thru high school as long as they maintain an A average in school. I cannot think of a better way to change their lives.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2022 at 06:59 AM

Good for news Turkey, not so for La Bocana :D.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.