Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Incredible new red blend from Santo Tomas
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2023 at 11:34 AM
Incredible new red blend from Santo Tomas

We just received a new 50/50 blend of Barbera and Zinfandel from Santo Tomas they are calling Barfandel. Incredible punch from the Zin with a smooth finish from the Barbera. No vintage. Only available at the winery as far as we know so if you are driving by, stop in and get some, ask by name as they do not have it out on the shelf.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-1-2023 at 12:34 PM

You're trying this AGAIN, this year????

Anyway, I thought the wine was overrated.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2023 at 05:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
You're trying this AGAIN, this year????

Anyway, I thought the wine was overrated.

Lots of newbies.
So how are you with the time clock - kinda used to it watching our local Giants farm team over the last few years.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2023 at 08:42 AM

Barfandel? Doesn't sound very appetizing. Someone should clue them in.
soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2023 at 10:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Barfandel? Doesn't sound very appetizing. Someone should clue them in.

Jajajaja, right?

I mean, who couldn't love a Barfandel?

surfhat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2023 at 10:13 AM

While some obviously prefer beer, there are others that can appreciate a good red, or even a white, and not call it barf worthy. haha

Decades go, I picked up a Santo Tomas red that still reverberates all these years later. I wish I had saved that bottle so I could recall the vintage and the vintner.

My stay in the Valle was cut short this past Feb. because of several days of rain in the works, but it will be back on my to do list next time.

I appreciate Santiago's posts for when I can next make use of them.

We all have our own preferences for what makes the 'good life' and a bit of wine, red in my case, adds to the enjoyment of time, place, and whatever cuisine is on offer.

Fish tacos and beer is a combo hard to beat. A shot with beer is also a match made in heaven. It only takes one round with some fine food for me. Sipping and appreciating is its own reward.

Thanks Santiago. Your Baja wine experiences are appreciated.

I am hoping to be able to take some friends for a couple of days to the Valle and Ensenada, and always look forward to any recommendations of where to go, where to stay, and what to sample.

soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2023 at 10:58 AM

I always appreciate Santiago, here and in FB.

They stock a lot of Santo Tomas wines here at the La Comer.... I'm gonna keep an eye out because stuff has a way of just showing up, at times, and you really have to take advantage of the good stuff when it shows up and/or goes on sale.... inflation has done a real number on all beverages here.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-2-2023 at 05:18 PM

I don't think anyone got it, Santiago.

The wine, of course.:lol:

Of all the rules instituted this year, the pitch clock is the ONLY one I don't like. There will be a game directly decided by the pitch clock, at some point, this year. One was partially decided this spring when a player thought he had drawn a bases loaded walk in the ninth: only to be called out on strikes by the time clock. As it was a ST game, the game simply ended in a tie.

But someone is going to draw a bases loaded walk or be called out on strikes by the clock, and I will hate it.

I'd like to see no time clock after the 7th inning.

There are other wrinkles to this time clock. Apparently a catcher got called for a violation for not throwing the ball to second base soon enough, after the between-inning warm up pitches. That's just ridiculous. Apparently the throws around the infield have to be completed within 30 seconds of the final warmup pitch.

Other than that, I like the shift ban, I like the ghost runner in late innings, I like the three batter rule for relievers.

Not really crazy about the limit to throws to first, though I do like how it has increased steals dramatically in the first week of play. Heck, the runners are getting such large jumps that very few throws are even being attempted by the catchers.

[Edited on 4-3-2023 by Hook]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2023 at 05:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
I don't think anyone got it, Santiago.

The wine, of course.:lol:

I remember watching the Flintstones when I was a kid. Barney and Fred once purchased a boat together but couldn't agree on a name: one chose "Nautical King", while the other preferred "Sea Queen". They decided on a compromise: "Nau-Sea".

[Edited on 4-3-2023 by pauldavidmena]

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2023 at 09:13 AM

If you liked Barfendel you should really try their blend of Barbera and Merlot, Barfando.

The coolest man in the world says "When in Mexico on April 1st, I only drink Barfando".

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-3-2023 at 10:06 AM

Good April Fool's joke, Jim! :biggrin:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2023 at 10:50 AM

Damn, I forgot about April Fool's day!

And daylight savings time!

An advantage of living here full time for over a decade.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.