Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: The Vow
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 09:36 PM
The Vow

I hereby vow, from this point in time, to the first of the coming new year, to completely abstain from any mention: verbal, written, or implied, of any conversation, correspondence, or any other means of online communication that contains any amount of politicized content. I will not mention concepts, persons, or opinions of policy at the Baja Nomad website for the above determined amount of time, and at Baja.net. - I will never discuss politics at Baja.net at all; ever.

If it does not have to do with Baja on a tangible basis, it does not have anything to do with me. For instance, if somebody who lives somewhere else other than Baja announces on Baja Nomad that they have just had a newborn child, I will not reply in any manner, for this does not have anything directly to do with Baja, and somebody else who has just had a child might have the impression that I have the opinion that one birth might be more important than the other; that is political. I will be completely non-partial on absolutely all issues. Forgive me for my stoic position, but it is going to be nothing but all Baja all the time for me for obvious reasons.

These conditions apply to my correspondence on Baja boards only.

I am also removing my signature, ?TMSAISTI? which means, ?That?s my story and I?m sticking to it,? due to its non-relevance to Baja subject matter.

I am quite sincere in my vow. I will not for any reason contravene this vow. Is anybody else on the Baja Nomad website prepared to make such a vow?

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 09:55 PM

ROTFLMAO!

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 10:03 PM
Yes!

But only on the "General Discussion Center." Thank you Pack for your effort and I personally agree but I know others want a broader board so we can compromise. But I will place my name next to yours to stick exactly to Baja California and our experiences, past, present and future there. As I said in a previous post, we are under no obligation to open other bajanomad forums here. Live and let live. But I do agree strongly that we should be able to have the "General Discussion Center" just for Baja.

And as far as the TMSAISTI? It's in the attic!

[Edited on 12-17-2003 by Mike Humfreville]
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 10:11 PM

Mike H., how can I act like a jerk when there is a nice guy like you around?
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 10:22 PM
Get a grip, Packoderm!!!

Would you just give up the oaths and the vows and have a good time!! We talk about what we want to talk about and to whom we wish to talk about it with. You still don't get the true beauty of this board, friend! The thing that this board respects is that we all love Baja, but we still have other facets to our mental lives that sometimes intersect with our passion for Baja and sometimes don't. Those connections, to me are just as important as interest in Baja and I'm just delighted that Doug lets us indulge them. From discussing politics to sharing recipies to comiserating about environmental degredation, to translating Tomas el Tren to enquiring as to whether fantasies of cheap vacations to Baja can come true, I enjoy it all. There's no reason that either I or you should have to be limited at all in what interests us here. Helelujah.

If you want to talk non-politically and only about Baja, GO TO FRED'S BOARD! They'll love to have you - and, just a hunch - you'll be bored out of your gordito in about a week. But we'll all be glad to welcome you back with open arms (as we seem to do with everybody who threatens to leave!)......Or you could just go sit on a pillow and cross your legs, close your eyes and with hands apart (middle fingers connecting to thumb), quietly say Ohhhhm, Oooohhhhm for a few days if you can't handle the stress of too much political content in your life.....Good Luck on Your Mission either way!!! - Stephanie

p.s. good posts on the electoral college, by the way........

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 10:23 PM

SORRY... can not reply to your post...it is not about BAJA directly...and to answer would break the vow...I need help...:lol:
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 10:31 PM
Pack, et al

Come and join us at Bahia de Los Angeles for New Years. We've had some great discourses and arguments on bajanomad but there is no place better to have the time to form relationships than a place where time stands still: Baja California.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 10:43 PM
Just post anonymously fer the next few weeks!!!! It'll help ya outa the pinch!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
SORRY... can not reply to your post...it is not about BAJA directly...and to answer would break the vow...I need help...:lol:

El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

wow.gif posted on 12-16-2003 at 11:01 PM

But, what if I want to ask you about taking my newborn child to Baja for the first time and what happens if we run out of Huggies while down there and if it's better, as a substitute, to wrap his little tushie with corn or flour tortillas?

Do you really want to shut yourself out of such important topics?! :yes:
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 11:05 PM
I recommend the flour. You get better coverage.

Change frequently, though. They can get a little gluey. - Stephanie:biggrin:

Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 08:58 AM
Stephanie

Perhaps while we wait for more weighty issues to come along, you could reverse the positions of the "i" and "e" in your "wierd"
Enjoy all your posts.
El Nikono

[Edited on 12-17-2003 by Nikon]
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 09:19 AM

Packoderm, you crack me up! :lol:
Bob H
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 09:26 AM

El Camote, just remember: when in Baja, do as the Bajaians do. Well, I?m not sure if this is how Baja Californios still do it, but you could take some old bed sheets, cut them into roughly 2.5X2.5 sections, sprinkle one cloth section liberally (not in the political sense) with corn or wheat flour, fold it into a triangle, and carefully attach, by using safety pins, to your newborn baby.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 09:28 AM

El Camote, that was me.

Thank you all for your support durring these next two weeks.
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Packoderm, you crack me up! :lol:
Bob H

:lol:Me too!

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 09:32 AM

It's corn starch they use - not flour.

I just have one New Year's request: could you all please spell Border correctly. Not boarder.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 09:44 AM

Mr. Anonymous, (I really wish you would use a registered name) I stand corrected. Corn starch ? I got to remember that; corn starch.
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 09:48 AM

Sorry, Stephanie. I should have used U2U for that. Newbies are screwups.
jimmy smith
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 11:54 AM

Pampers?
Huggies?
Flour Tortillas?
Corn Tortillas?
Corn Starch?
Seems to me that the Cochimia, Pericue and Guaycura had the perfect solution--the ground'll hold it!
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 12:56 PM
One of things I just hate about english!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikon
Perhaps while we wait for more weighty issues to come along, you could reverse the positions of the "i" and "e" in your "wierd"
Enjoy all your posts.
El Nikono

I guess "I before E except after C" gets thrown out the window on this one. Like all the so called "rules" for english. Thanks for the corrections from you and Mr Anonymous. Don't get too carried away with being the spelling police, though, as I simply refuse to use spell check when I'm ranting to anyone other than the editor of the newspaper.

Funny story. My oldest daughter is mildly dyslexic. Although she's an intelligent person otherwise, it affects her ability to read efficiently and she is the worst speller of english in the universe. When we moved to Mexico for a year when she was in third grade, she, all of a sudden, became quite literate, but in spanish. I was stunned when she brought her spanish book home from school after a few days there and started reading and writing it like a pro even though she hadn't the foggiest idea what most of it meant.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could simplify written english so that it didn't turn into a burning tire around the neck of a fair percentage of our population and where the rules were uniform without exceptions around every corner?

It's easy to be a purist about our very sullied language system till you see a poor child struggling with it. We gotta simplify this crap before it drives us all crazy!

Does this count for being back to more serious conversation? UH OH! Hurry!! Close your eyes and wrap your fingers up in little strips of tortillas and Maizena, Packoderm!!! - Stephanie

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.