Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Last concert?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2024 at 12:57 PM
Last concert?

Don't consider Sammy Hagar at Cabo Wabo a concert but guess it is. His birthday is fun if you like Sammy.

Peter Buck, REM fame, has played Todos at the music fest in 2013. Hotel California too. REM fan since '80.

NOB: Dwight Yokum, Fox theater, Bakersfield, last year. Beach Boys, Greek theater, LA, next month.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
stillnbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2024 at 01:07 PM

Dwight at the Ventura theater....a looong time ago
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2024 at 01:23 PM

Eagles with Steely Dan Fabulous Forum last fall

Santana at Red Rocks in two weeks

Los Lobos with Los Lonely Boys Rady Shell next month

Gypsy Kings Rady Shell next month

Eagles again at The Sphere this fall

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-17-2024 at 01:43 PM

I was thinking it would be fun to go see the Dead &co at the sphere this summer. Then i looked at the prices. No thanks.
I grew up seeing rock shows for about $10 or less!
In 1979 I paid $8 to see the Dead in Seattle, festival seating. Now the few Dead survivors want $400 for a ticket!
In 1980 I saw the Ramones at the Showbox (seattle) for $7.

I refuse to pay current prices for dinosaur bands and latest pop.

Last few concerts have been musical theater or some orchestral/singer events at Rady shell…. Good entertainment, and less expensive than big rock shows these days that have ridiculous high prices.

Greed killed rock and roll.

[Edited on 7-17-2024 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-17-2024 at 02:49 PM

Joan Jet and the Blackhearts, Del Mar Fair a couple years ago.
My first concert was Lynyrd Skynyrd, San Diego in 1976.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2024 at 06:24 PM

Cafe Tacuba and Caifanes. Before that it was Thievery Corporation. Before that, The Cure.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2024 at 04:56 AM

The Todos Santos Music Festival was fun while it lasted. Peter Buck sure has a lot of talented friends!

Our last concert was Low Cut Connie at the City Winery in Boston in February. It was a solo performance in an intimate setting, which is about all my tinnitus can handle these days. Here on Cape Cod, the big trend is "tribute bands." I'd rather play the real thing at home.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2024 at 04:56 AM

June: Colin James @ Triple Door Seattle $100 for a 4-seat booth, got started opening for SRV in Regina CAN in the 80s and owns the Canadian Blues/rocker scene, still looks like a 30-year-old

August: John Fogerty @ Thunder Valley $500/seat ridiculous

Oct: David Gilmore @ Hollywood Bowl Don't care how much, each note is thought out and perfect

Nov: Joe Bonamassa SacTown $300ish, each note is random but within a theme and perfect

Nov: Joanne Shaw Taylor $100 First for us

[Edited on 7-18-2024 by Santiago]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2024 at 07:13 AM

Rod Stewart Santa Barbara bowl.

Saw Tom Petty about 15 times. Took my kids to his very last show at the Hollywood Bowl in 2017.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2024 at 10:48 AM

Great to see everyone's experiences.

Music feeds my soul. Live music is even better. I don't value pleasure based on cost but that's just me. Priceless IMEO. :saint:

Full disclosure the Gypsy Kings is free because our friend has been their accountant for 45 years..........:coolup:

FYI - Rady Shell is an excellent venue with great sound and setting against San Diego Bay. They have a variety of performances there for all types of music fans. We saw Bonnie Raitt there last year with Mavis Staples.

Next month we will also see a jazz concert - Miles Davis Kind Of Blue. Tickets still available. :D

Whatever you like get out there while you can!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2024 at 01:28 PM

My friend and I went to see Gipsy Kings in 2023, in Istanbul! It was wonderful!

The last song included the newest, youngest musician joining the group - one of the sons.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2024 at 06:08 PM

Doobie Bros. “Live at the Wolf Trap” download, glass of wine at my elbow as the jet swings out from SJD and towards another Pacific sunset and then homeward bound to a snow globe world.

My hearing apparatus needs protection from all those past concerts…Santana, Yes, King Crimson, Dire Straits, Tito Puente, Neville Bothers, won tickets for meet and greet with Dwight Yoakam prior to the concert in the Swift Current, Sask. Canadian Tire parking lot, Tom Cochrane, getting lost in Havana after the International Jazz Festival, Colin James, Holly Cole, Ian Tyson, Jesse Cook, Ziggy Marley, Steve Earle, Chantal Kreviazuk, Lucas Nelson and others long forgotten…Oh, but what I would give to see the Gypsy Kings one day!

[Edited on 7-20-2024 by windgrrl]

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2024 at 03:38 AM

1969 los altos high school. Carlos Santana, and quicksilver messenger service $1.50 ..... with a student body card.
The shows at the Fillmore west and Winter Land were $3.00 , usually 3 acts.
Jimi Hendrix ,led Zeppelin ect. All at a time when the minimum wage was around $1.25@hour.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-20-2024 at 09:18 AM

It's been a few years since I went to a concert. I think the last one was Pam Tillis performing at the Alaska state fair. It was an out-door concert, and she was amazed that when it started to drizzle rain, almost no one got up and left!

About the same time, I was able to hear Leo Kottke perform solo in a more intimate environment. He is truly a master of the guitar!

By the way, Leo is still touring and performed here in Grass Valley CA recently!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2024 at 11:09 AM

Totally forgot, saw the Cure at the Hollywood Bowl last May 2023. Took all 3 kids, they love the Cure. Wife and I saw them around 2018 at the Bowl.

He still sounds fantastic. Crowd was a great mix of old and young.

[Edited on 7-20-2024 by JZ]

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2024 at 03:06 PM

Jerry Seinfeld and Jim Gaffigan at Jack Kent Cooke's Fabulous Forum.
dravnx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2024 at 02:43 PM

My first concert was CSNY at Boston Garden in 1974. My last concert was the Santa Rosa Symphony at Weil Hall. In between, too many to remember and too many forgotten to mention.
Keep in mind that concerts were to support album releases. The bands made some money but they were primarily to sell the albums and merchandise. Today, music is basically free so concert income supports the artists.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2024 at 04:53 AM

Pete Seeger in San Diego was my first - in the 70's
Saw some greats: Bob Marley, James Brown. Santana
Rolling Stones 1981
Rolling Stones 1994
Rolling Stones 2015
Rolling Stones 2019 Glendale AZ
Rolling Stones 2021 So Fi stadium
Brian Setzer Orchestra at Humphreys from my kayak in the bay - big flotilla of kayaks sharing food, drink
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2024 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  

Brian Setzer Orchestra at Humphreys from my kayak in the bay - big flotilla of kayaks sharing food, drink

Back in the mid-00's my wife's company rented out the entire Anaheim Pond for a holiday party. They flew people in from all over the US.

Jay Leno did a bit and then the Brian Setzer Orchestra played. It was quite the bash.

[Edited on 7-27-2024 by JZ]

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2024 at 05:31 AM

Brian Setzer playing this August 3 at Rady Shell, San Diego. I'm goin!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.