BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
I just read that the Democrats are ready to introduce immigration reform that includes picture SSI cards with biometric information that will be impossible to forge. I wonder how long it will take the Republicans to come out against it?

Not this Republican-----I am all for it. Bring it on!!!! I have been for a National ID card for years.

Barry
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 07:18 PM

Me too, seems like it would go a long way to relieve a lot of issues.

The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 07:51 PM

Even the Texas Governor thinks this law is stoooooopid...this from the "death penalty" state...oh wait - I can hear it now...."he's not a real republican"

Other than ignoring the 4th and 14th, as Perry says, this makes state LE do something that they're not trained, equiped, paid, or have the authority to do. How this small fact escaped AZ lawmakers is beyond me......

However, let me be clear...I still think the intent of this law was to get the feds to act. Unfortunately, it inspiried a flock of loons to spout off on things they know nothing about, using anecdotal evidence as fact to support uninspired arguements that betray the laws of reason, logic, and debate (present company excepted...naturally).:cool:

- Associated Press
- April 29, 2010
Texas Governor: Arizona Immigration Law Not Right for Texas

The Arizona law will require local and state law enforcement officers to question people about their immigration status if there's reason to suspect they're in the country illegally, making it a crime for them to lack registration documents.

AUSTIN, Texas -- Arizona's tough new illegal immigration enforcement law would not be right for Texas, Gov. Rick Perry said Thursday, upholding the state's long-held tradition of rejecting harsh anti-immigrant policies.

The Arizona law will require local and state law enforcement officers to question people about their immigration status if there's reason to suspect they're in the country illegally, making it a crime for them to lack registration documents. The law also makes it a state crime to be in the U.S. illegally.

"I fully recognize and support a state's right and obligation to protect its citizens, but I have concerns with portions of the law passed in Arizona and believe it would not be the right direction for Texas," Perry said in a written statement.

"For example, some aspects of the law turn law enforcement officers into immigration officials by requiring them to determine immigration status during any lawful contact with a suspected alien, taking them away from their existing law enforcement duties, which are critical to keeping citizens safe."

The Arizona law has been hailed by conservatives as long overdue and two Texas lawmakers have said they'll introduce similar immigration measures when the Texas Legislature meets next.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told a U.S. Senate hearing Tuesday that a Justice Department review is under way to determine the Arizona law's constitutionality.

Though Texas is ruled by conservative Republicans, top GOP leaders from former Texas Gov. George W. Bush to Perry have rejected harsh and punitive immigration policies.

Bush continued his moderate approach to immigration once he got to the White House, often to the dismay of his conservative base.

"We need to uphold the great tradition of the melting pot that welcomes and assimilates new arrivals," Bush said in his 2007 State of the Union address. "We need to resolve the status of the immigrants that are already in our country without animosity and without amnesty."

Perry took heat during this year's Republican primary for backing in-state tuition for illegal immigrants, saying in a debate that the students are on a path to citizenship.

"Texas has a rich history with Mexico, our largest trading partner, and we share more than 1,200 miles of border, more than any other state," Perry said Thursday. "As the debate on immigration reform intensifies, the focus must remain on border security and the federal government's failure to adequately protect our borders.

"Securing our border is a federal responsibility, but it is a Texas problem, and it must be addressed before comprehensive immigration reform is discussed."

[Edited on 4-30-2010 by The Sculpin]

[Edited on 4-30-2010 by The Sculpin]

Whoa there, Cowboy - pull back on those reins!
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

puzzled.gif posted on 4-29-2010 at 08:14 PM
I forgot...

Why do some of you want Mexican-American Citizens of the United States pulled over and asked for their papers?:rolleyes:

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Just how STUPID Liberals really are.

But, Toneart reminded me.

You remind me how aaaanal right wingers can be!:P

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Why do some of you want Mexican-American Citizens of the United States pulled over and asked for their papers?:rolleyes:

I have not heard one supporter of this new law state that they want "----Mexican-American Citizens of the United States pullled over-----"!

Tony, why do you even say this???

Barry
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 09:18 PM

"For example, some aspects of the law turn law enforcement officers into immigration officials by requiring them to determine immigration status during any lawful contact with a suspected alien, taking them away from their existing law enforcement duties, which are critical to keeping citizens safe."

What a load. Law enforcement has doubled as child protection service officials and other duties that cross jurisdiction. I'm surprised that the anti illegal immigration issue isn't more espoused by the working class that so happens to be more affected by the displacement of jobs and the devaluation of vocations.
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
isn't the direction any one (exceot the real nut cases) wants to go in.

You saying ALL people in Arizona are "real nut cases"? Some definitely yes, but not all.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 09:30 PM

Quote:

Maybe they should ask everybody for their papers. Black...White...Brown...Blue...everybody. Just get it over with. It's only a matter of time anyway.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:

I have not heard one supporter of this new law state that they want "----Mexican-American Citizens of the United States pullled over-----"!

Tony, why do you even say this???

Barry

Because you and I know they will not state it.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 09:50 PM
Stupid is as Toneart Says

AND, we're glad to see it demonstrated in writing.

While it SHOULD be evident to even Liberal Retards, the LAST thing a supporter of this law would want to see is Mexican-AMERICANS be pulled over and harassed.

Having that happen would be truly counter-productive and simply serve to bolster the Idiotic ramblings of the Left.

BUT, Logic has Never been a Liberal strength.
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
I just read that the Democrats are ready to introduce immigration reform that includes picture SSI cards with biometric information that will be impossible to forge. I wonder how long it will take the Republicans to come out against it?

Not this Republican-----I am all for it. Bring it on!!!! I have been for a National ID card for years.

Barry

Barry please tell me more about this national ID card idea? Would it be able to track ones whereabouts? Would it replace the SSI card? Drivers license? Voter registration card?
Tell me more you've peaked my Liberal interest. Please enlighten?

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2010 at 12:00 AM

Freedom March Sign my up BRING IT!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyj9C7MTRrA

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 4-30-2010 at 05:13 AM

Indications are that 60 to 70 percent of the people polled are for the new law. Maybe a good portion of the 30 to 40 percent against the new law were illegals or hired illegals?
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-30-2010 at 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
isn't the direction any one (exceot the real nut cases) wants to go in.

You saying ALL people in Arizona are "real nut cases"? Some definitely yes, but not all.

Perfect example of context extraction to distort meaning and intent.

Not what I was saying at all.

Toneart, there are plenty of us, who, if we felt that way we would state it.

Arizona has a problem and its significant. Significant enough that it has received media coverage with increasing frequency, by liberal and conservative outlets. The problem isn't Mexicans. Mexicans have been migrating into AZ for decades, legally and illegaly. If most of the people of AZ were racists, the media, the activists, the race baiters would have capitalized on that long before now. The problem is crime. And I'd be willing to bet, without data that a lot of the victims of that crime are legal and illegal immigrants. Arizona believes that better efforts to stem illegal immigration will reduce crime. No one here has proved a case that they are wrong. Nor has anyone offered an alternative solution.
What Arizona did do was ask the Federal Government to do its job.
5 times. No response. Which, given that DHS is run by the former Governor of Arizona, I find puzzling. No meetings, letters no task force to at least show some interest in stepping up efforts to solve the problem. Someone, anyone, tell me why the president didn't make even a brief show of recognition and response?
Do I think it is a great solution? No. But what I find disturbing is the quickness with which so many make nasty racial judgements, solid unshakeable judgements and active retributions before anyone has been wronged! No one can prove racial motivation here.

The only thing that's been done so far is to created fear, perhaps even panic that a class of people will be treated harshly, even inhumanely, based on words on a piece of paper that haven't even been enacted yet.
Jesse doesn't understand our legal system, no reflection Jess, most of us don't either. You set foot on US soil and you are in one of the most protected (at every level) places in the world. NO MATTER WHAT COLOR YOU ARE. Perfect? No, better than most. And we try, harder than anywhere to make it better every day.

The governor of Arizona is forcing the issue with the Administration. Obviously the situation is important enough to her that she is willing to take a lot of heat to do that. She knew all hell would break loose. The activists are always ready to pounce and yell racism and demonstrate (you don't get thousands on the street over night without a plan and a ready to go network). The media loves it. The Federal government let it get out of hand and they are the only ones who can solve it. How the administration and/or Congress will respond is anyone's guess. But all the news and fear about racism buys them time and moves the focus away from them. Campaign contributions gettin a boost.
Another one is brewing right now in Chicago. Not immigration so much..but with a racial component.

[Edited on 4-30-2010 by oldlady]

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2010 at 06:17 AM

This law will be positive for Arizona, once all the illegals are gone there will be a lot of good jobs cleaning motel rooms, washing dishes, and picking fruit for all the folks who lost their jobs due to the reduction of the Arizona population by 400,000 people.
yellowtail67
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2010 at 06:32 AM

It's no frickin' wonder this country is SO divided with an US vs. THEM (browns/whites, Rep./Dem, etc....) mentality and NOTHING gets done in Washington or what does get done is minimal! You should all be ashamed of yourselves with the BS finger pointing, name calling, derogatory comments, etc.
What have any of you done to help someone down and out recently and not just judge them?

I think the 7th grade debate team would have more respect for each other!
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 4-30-2010 at 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by yellowtail67
What have any of you done to help someone down and out recently and not just judge them?

A lot of people on this board, on both sides of this issue, have done something recently to help someone down and out, specifically Mexicans. Although I don't agree with Capt. Mike on this issue, he flies medical suppllies into Baja, and I thank him for that.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2010 at 06:44 AM

LATE LAST NIGHT THE ARIZONA LEGISLATURE VOTED TO REPEAL A KEY PROVISION OF THE NEW IMMIGRATION BILL.

The provision that allowed the police to use race, ethnicity or national heritage when deciding when to question a suspect was repealed.
"The original version of the law permits police to consider any of those factors when deciding if there is reasonable suspicion".
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-30-2010 at 06:49 AM

i think the only way to decide this is by a huge egg throwing battle as was done recently in the Ukraine parliment.... did you see it! and i thought the Japanese went into a congessional rage now and then....
these ruskies know how to argue man!:lol:

going to baja a week from now, looking forward to and gladly will pull out me FM-T which i will be PAYING $22 for upon check in at Guaymas....as will all 3 of my pax...ready for the back lash...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 4-30-2010 by capt. mike]

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.