BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6
Author: Subject: 6TH ANNUAL PRESIDENTS DAY NOMAD RIDE.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2012 at 10:46 PM
6TH ANNUAL PRESIDENTS DAY NOMAD RIDE.

It's that time of the year to put a face on that screen name on BajaNomad, the event PRESIDENTS DAY NOMAD TRAIL RIDE,held on the San Felipe area.You can arrive to SF any time you want, on Saturday we will have a potluck on BAJAWARRIOR'S beach house...25 miles south of SF.The actual ride will be on Sunday the 19th, to a destination still in the works, dinner on town after the ride..After that it's up to you.
On Saturday we can do a quick trip to the sulfur mine or DK's Shell island..
Here are the dates
02/18 potluck dinner @ Chucks house.
02/19 Early in the morning ride with dinner in SF after ride.
02/20 (PRESIDENTS DAY) is open to what ever you want to do.

keep post it and save the day,will be checking regularly to post new info or dates or time changes...

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 1-7-2012 at 11:20 PM
That looks like fun!

I can't make it this year, but definitely next year! :bounce:

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 07:21 AM

Thanks for posting this Jose.

We've been talking it up to our friends/neighbors in the South Campos Communities as well so hopefully we'll have a good group.

We have room for guest's as we have two homes on the same property as well as RV and tents sites if that's your needs.

Looks like we are shooting for Cajon canyon and will access that by taking the Huatamote wash West through Quartz Mountain (where we can meet up with the El Dorado group) and across (dry) Laguna Diablo to the Canyon.

We will take the easier way towards town on our departure and stop at El General for Tacos and Bean Soup.

This is a low impact off highway drive but 4WD is best. ATV's, buggies, and UTV's are welcome.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 08:25 AM

Jose, where are all the Toyotas?

just kidding. have fun out there! maybe one day our tracks will converge.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 09:47 AM

Plenty of Toyotas at the first President's Day (Matomi) Group trip (2001): http://vivabaja.com/shell (Saturday tour of Sulfur Mine and Shell Island, Sunday to Matomi Canyon Falls)

The 2nd President's Day/ Matomi Run, 2004: http://vivabaja.com/204

[Edited on 1-8-2012 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Jose, where are all the Toyotas?

just kidding. have fun out there! maybe one day our tracks will converge.
Any time woody it will be my pleassure.there are plenty of toyos in our trips, but they are afraid of my big RAM, so thaey hidde in the the background..

Ken, i get have not gonne in a trip with you, it took me years to do one with DK,i wish booth of you can make this years..event.

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 04:58 PM

Chuck, where is El CAjon Canyon..?

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT

It is just south of Diablo by a few miles. We went there a few years ago, not sure if you were there though but there are Petroglyphs and plenty of water. Good spot for a big group which we will have from South Campos.

BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 06:57 PM
Road trip

I'm in for the Sunday ride. Cajon canyon is north of Huatamote wash and south of El Chaparral. My dos pesos is that we should consider dinner at Blowin Smoke BBQ owned by fellow Nomad Lee ( Baja BBQ ). Just sayin
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 08:14 PM

thats another option Rob, where is this place located , downtown SF..

Chuck, no I have never been there, but if it has petros < im there, Im a sucker for ancient graffiti..

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 09:53 PM

Quote:

I have photos of it at the end of my 2004 'Exotic Canyons' web page... It was the last of 5 we hiked in: Parral, Berrendo, Carrizo, Agua Caliente, Cajon: http://vivabaja.com/404

[Edited on 1-9-2012 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:30 PM

Quote:

Ken, i get have not gonne in a trip with you, it took me years to do one with DK,i wish booth of you can make this years..event.

I would like to make a trip with you and your family, Jose. Leidys and I are planning to go to Tijuana for Fernando's Toy Drive. I have time off in April and May, so I will stay posted and hopefully can do another Nomad run later this year.

El Comadante Loco
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 11:35 PM

I'm in and ready... last year was a blast.. Anyone thinkning of camping out at Cajon...
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRob
I'm in for the Sunday ride. Cajon canyon is north of Huatamote wash and south of El Chaparral. My dos pesos is that we should consider dinner at Blowin Smoke BBQ owned by fellow Nomad Lee ( Baja BBQ ). Just sayin

I like it. We could reserve the back room for our group with a head count just prior to the run.

Baja.BBQ
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Quote:

I like it. We could reserve the back room for our group with a head count just prior to the run.

We would love to have any or all Nomads come to our place ! Will make sure that everyone is happy when they leave ! Thanks for the consideration.
Lee and Linda
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 10:29 AM
Baja.BBQ

HEY LEE!!!!!!!

Long time no hear. I thought perhaps Linda had added you to the menu list :lol:

I sure do miss them ribs your folks crank out down there. Really great stuff. Give Linda my regards. See ya in a few months.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Baja.BBQ
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
HEY LEE!!!!!!!

Long time no hear. I thought perhaps Linda had added you to the menu list :lol:

I sure do miss them ribs your folks crank out down there. Really great stuff. Give Linda my regards. See ya in a few months.

Hey Deno, thanks for the kind words! Nomad Cisco made it down here and said Thanks.. Hope to see all of you down here soon. Look for a U2U soon.
Lee
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 10:43 AM
Hi Lee

The Saturday night will be a mixed grill potluck at Baja Warrior's. The SF dinner will be Sunday after the Cajon trip. Will you be open then?
Baja.BBQ
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
The Saturday night will be a mixed grill potluck at Baja Warrior's. The SF dinner will be Sunday after the Cajon trip. Will you be open then?

Rob, for this elite group we are open from whatever time in a.m. till whatever time p.m. with full staff to ensure great service.
Thanks,
Lee and Linda
Larana

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 03:56 PM

Baja Wes and Di will be in for the ride.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.