Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Party at dtbushpilot's new house....buena vista! Some pics
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 10:43 AM

Soon there will be more pics....we are busy having more fun in Santiago, at the moment we are having lemonade at Hotel Palomar....just got back from the zoo!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
howabouti
Banned

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 11:18 AM

I really like the multi-levels and walk-around balconies. Very striking architecture.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by howabouti
I really like the multi-levels and walk-around balconies. Very striking architecture.

I wonder if David used an architect? Up here, it's scary what an architect can do? They are so involved in developing a signature style, they create nightmares which is evident in some of the large abortions they designed on the coast between Rosarito and Ensenada.
In many cases, it's hard to imagine they've had any education at all.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 11:34 AM

Congratulations, Dave & Jill...really gorgeous house!

We'll drop by to see it later this year. (if our schedules coincide.)

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 01:55 PM

Thanks for fab. evening, the house is off the chart. Cliff and Carol
dpwahoo
Junior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty, and ready to fish!

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 02:01 PM
House

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Makes me want to burn my house and start all over.

Good job.
Beautiful! Something tells me I couldnt afford that. Jealous. Guess ill have to stay in La Mision. Is it in the east cape?:o:bounce::o
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 05:21 PM

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 05:29 PM

Come visit La Bocana

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca

I get nervous looking at those stairs without handrails.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 05:41 PM

Dennis, eventually the decision was made to cut off the stair access yesterday, since the railings are not done yet...someone told me this was the case.....

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 05:55 PM

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 06:00 PM

As you can tell, i took the photos REALLY early on, in the end, the house was packed, and i mean FULL of partiers....the live music was awesome, the food delicious, the guests entertaining.....the hosts most gracious. The house speaks for itself.

I have some before pics from the construction phase which I will post.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 06:06 PM

Come visit La Bocana

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 10:25 PM

Thanks for kind words and posting the pictures Blanca, it was nice to finally meet you and Les.
I really appreciate everyone coming out for our housewarming party, we had a great time and it seemed as though everyone else did too. We had friends and family from the UK, Canada, the US and of course from Baja. We were fortunate to have some great people taking care of us. Octavio and his staff from Rancho Buena Vista kept the booze flowing at an incredible pace while Jose Luis and his crew fed around 200 of our close personal friends and family a fabulous traditional Mexican feast with home made tortillas, tamales, beans, rice, salad and 3 pigs willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for our enjoyment. Big Jim, Big Mike, Bob Farmer and the boys provided smoking rock and roll all evening with Kevin Moyles from San Clemente joining them for a few songs.

We had planned to be living in the house before the party but some things took longer than we had anticipated. I have no one to blame but myself, it seems that every time I went to the project I would come up with a few changes or additions. It actually worked out for the best, we wouldn't have been able to fit everybody in the house if there had been furniture in the way and nobody spilled wine on the couch.

Our builder is C&G Builders in Los Barriles and our designer is Ron Corder. They have done a great job for us and we are pleased with the way things are turning out. I butt heads with Ron from time to time about design features, some times I win but most of the time he convinces me that I should stick to fishing, he never tells me what lure to use. The guys pulled out the stops to get the house cleaned up and all the construction equipment hidden so that we could have the party, they will be back in there tomorrow messing things up again. We hope to move in in a month or so.

The hand rails were only put up temporarily for the party and weren't complete. The stairs are pretty wide but I decided to block it off after a while. Nothing spoils a good time like someone falling down a big hole.

I expected someone to fall in the pool but nobody did, oh well, there's always next time. Maybe I should have pushed someone in.

We can't thank everyone enough for joining us and for all the kind words, it was great to see old friends and make new ones. For those who couldn't make it down for this party there will be others, we plan to be here for a long time, please stop by when you come this way.....dt&jt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 10:51 PM

well....i wish we coulda made it but you know our valid excuse....so.....i guess you guys will never stay with us again in mulege, huh?....like....us?...ya know???...hope to see you soon. m and r.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-6-2013 at 08:10 AM

The house will do justice to the town of Buena Vista, and I am sure your house is helping to retain the town's property values.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 5-6-2013 at 09:48 AM

I own the lot/property across the street, when I finally get around to building I'll have my work cut out for me that's for sure. Looking good neighbor.;D
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.