BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bahia Asuncion Police get new uniforms donated by my hometown police chief
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-17-2013 at 09:41 PM
Bahia Asuncion Police get new uniforms donated by my hometown police chief

Our local police force loves the new uniforms that were sent down by my hometown's police chief. We have been working for 6 months to organize the donation and get it here. A huge thanks to Timo & Barbareno for bringing down 2 massive boxes full of shirts, pants, jackets and vests from Canada!

they especially loved the fancy, warm jackets and even the buttons have nice crowns on them and say Police(real canuck style eh) and the pants have maple leafs on the black stripe on the side.

The officers were so stoked to have fancy new uniforms to wear for the parade this week. I am pretty darn proud of Chief Dennis Poole for making it all happen and hopefully it will be a yearly donation. They want to send down 15 bulletproof vests now and so we are looking for a ride down for them now...any takers?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 11:55 AM

Bulletproof vests? Ah Jeez!

Nice work on getting the uniforms.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 12:36 PM
Bulletproof vests

Mexican Customs will blow major snot bubbles if they find them...(I know from experience)...they might be a restricted item. If not, you still may have problems

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 12:47 PM

Shari - see if any vessels are scheduled for travel .. So Cal etc. HTH

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 02:51 PM

Nice looking uniforms, Shari. They almost look tailored.
I would volunteer for the vests, but as always, I will pe packed to the gills when we come down next month.
BTW...we will be in Ba until January 10, a Friday. Jana is trying to get the first two weeks in January off as part of her 5 weeks vacation she has coming in 2014.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 03:10 PM

wow what a great thing, Shari!!

Bullet proof vests, u betcha, that's a good thing for every cop, no matter how small a town is! Public servants protect us, and they all need protection too, IMHO!

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 03:16 PM

shari, i would hesitate to ask anyone to bring down the vests as they would really get their *** in a wringer if caught...i had to wear a kevlar vest everyday for 20 years and yes, they do offer some sort of security in the law enforcement business but boy would i hate to have them discovered in my vehicle at a military checkpoint...

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 03:30 PM

the police force enclosed a nice letter on thier letterhead, phone numbers, photos of the chief and explained that the uniforms were donated by them in case Timo got stopped and checked.

A boat coming down is a good idea!

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 04:02 PM

Only a military commander in headquarters of the zone you intend to import the "Military Equipment" in, can authorize the permit and generate the paperwork for the heavily restricted item. Personal armor falls among this category.

At a Puesto de Control, the soldados there may carefully fold the letter up and take it and you to the local bote. There is a base marinas de armada here, and it is strongly suggested you ask the commandante there what he thinks of this idea.

It would be a shame to screw up a perfectly generous gesture by having someone get charged with a gran delito.

In Michoacan when I jokingly remarked to a teniente that "It may be a good idea for me to dress in traje contra balazos", when crossing Sinaloa he blurted "No don't do that! You would be immediately arrested!"

Safer to check and be sure IMHO

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 04:21 PM

Those are awesome uniforms!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 05:10 PM

Dapper!

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 03:11 PM

http://baja.com/bahia-asuncion/baja-bulletin-christmas-comes...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 04:15 PM
Nice !!

Just in time for a parade !! great timing !! Years back, would bring down 22.cal for the ranchers and 38.cal for the local cops !!! NOT TODAY !!!:cool:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
http://baja.com/bahia-asuncion/baja-bulletin-christmas-comes...

That is the web-site that without permission lifted the wording and pictures from our web site. Then after conversations with the owner and after we belatedly gave him permission, we asked if the promos for some of the places could be rewritten and he said no. Instead, he wanted to come to Bahia Asuncion and have us introduce him to others in town to sell them advertising. As we told him, no one can or will pay for advertising. The woman who writes for Lonely Planet was involved in this --- As I told him, all they needed to do was ask and that the promos should be written as promos, not just as information. He offered to remove everything, but we did not want to see that happen. We have no respect for people who run their business that way and NEVER recommend that site to anyone.

Shari receives all of the advertising on that site for free because they made her a correspondent; that she speaks English as a first language, once again made it easier for her. It is good to take advantage of all the free advertising one can garner. She is a good business woman who knows how to work the system, and good for her. On the other hand, it is a shame that they wanted to sell it to everyone else who do not speak English. He kept saying they could advertise with him cheaper than in magazines. He just didn't get it.

We refused his invitation to introduce him around as we were not going to introduce someone to our friends who then wanted to sell them something they could not afford.

BTW The uniforms are nice, but we are surprised they would be allowed to wear uniforms that have the symbol of the British Monarchy on the buttons and the national symbol of Canada on the pants. The other stuff, sounds good. From photos, it looked like they were wearing their Mexican uniforms in the parade?

Bullet proof vests would be good if they can cross the border.

John and Diane

[Edited on 11-25-2013 by DianaT]
liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 06:52 PM

Diana, Most people, would't even notice the buttons! so if every body is happy, whats the proplem? these guys make very little.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by liknbaja127
Diana, Most people, would't even notice the buttons! so if every body is happy, whats the proplem? these guys make very little.

Really, no problem at all. If they can wear and use these uniforms, that is great. We are just surprised it is allowed by the higher ups and we saw in pictures of the parade that our friends posted on facebook, it did not appear that they wore them in the parade.

Maybe they can make them Mexican by adding Mexican flags and symbols to the jackets. That would be a good thing
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 08:43 PM

they only just got the requested uniforms and will have them altered and fixed up with thier own touches so werent ready for the parade...but if you could have seen their faces when they were trying them on...they certainly didnt notice the crown on the buttons but were really excited they said police....the black stripe on the pants is classy and no one will notice the maple leaf motif at all.... they want to save the classy jackets and pants for special occasions and the shirts they will be able to use for everyday wearing. The jackets are nice and warm...it was a lovely gesture from my hometown department.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 08:51 PM

It was a nice gesture
bajaorchid

[*] posted on 11-25-2013 at 03:50 PM

A very nice gesture amiga! Kudos to you and your country!

Behavind in Baja :)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.