BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Boleo going out of business?
BajaB

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 09:46 AM
Boleo going out of business?

We hear Boleo is in big trouble and future is uncertain. See the article below:

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/el-boleo-pierde-al-menos-2-3-mdd-d...
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 09:47 AM

Not the first time that rumor has surfaced....

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaB  
We hear Boleo is in big trouble and future is uncertain. See the article below:

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/el-boleo-pierde-al-menos-2-3-mdd-d...

It also states that "at present the project is closed", jeopardizing the income of 1,500 families, 77 percent of them settled in Santa Rosalia, municipal head of Mulege, because although "workers obviously are getting their salary," there will come a when the company "will not power," he warns.

Sounds like a pretty big deal and very threatening to the region.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 12:15 PM

The Municipality shut them down (they did not close) due to fights over construction permits. They are currently in court and in negotiation.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 09:41 AM

This investor scam has run its course. St. Rosalia has had it's day in the sun. Back to reality. The corpse is really starting to stink.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 09:50 AM

Is THAT what it is....Thanks for explaining

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 10:00 AM

Here's a statement from the Canadian company that has a 10% stake in the mining operations, released today:

http://www.bajamining.com/content/pdfs/news/NR05_2015-09-17_...

The company's website:

http://bajamining.com/

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 10:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Here's a statement from the Canadian company that has a 10% stake in the mining operations, released today:

The company's website:

Thank you!
So, what first seemed like a shutdown, perhaps due to falling market prices for the product, is in fact GOVERNMENT caused as Mulegé officials want more mordida, seeing easy money. Because of government greed to hell with the working family people who are benefiting from the mine expansion! Shame!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 11:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

The company's website:

Thank you!
So, what first seemed like a shutdown, perhaps due to falling market prices for the product, is in fact GOVERNMENT caused as Mulegé officials want more mordida, seeing easy money. Because of government greed to hell with the working family people who are benefiting from the mine expansion! Shame!

where did you ever get it was shutdown due to falling prices? geeze, I reported yesterday what was happening. The municipality thinks they have legitimate rights to require construction permits. The mine does not think it is under the jurisdiction of the municipality. let them fight it out in court. Shame on you to use this to further you ill-suited agenda.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 11:59 AM

This article indicates that there might be some environmental issues also:

link to translated article
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 12:36 PM

Going out of business would be a real shame for everyone. That bakery has delighted locals and the rest of us for many years. I hope, for the sake of employees, that they can somehow survive.

Please disregard! My bad...:(

[Edited on 9-17-2015 by toneart]
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 12:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by toneart  
Going out of business would be a real shame for everyone. That bakery has delighted locals and the rest of us for many years. I hope, for the sake of employees, that they can somehow survive.

Tony,
when I saw the question that was the first thing came to my mind also.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 01:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by toneart  

HUH?
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 01:41 PM

Here is what the government official wrote on his facebook page this morning about the problems which are complex corruption issues that go back years.
SE DESTAPO LA “CLOACA” DE MINERA METALURGICA DEL BOLEO !!!
DETERMINAR CULPABLES Y CORRUPTOS ESTA BASTATE FACIL !!!
PORQUE TODO ESTA DOCUMENTADO EN LOS LIBROS DE REGISTRO OFICIALES DEL AYUNTAMIENTO QUE SON PUBLICOS !!!
TODO INCIO EN EL PERIODO DEL PRESIDENTE MAS DEPREDADOR DE ESTE SIGLO, EN EL MUNICIPIO DE MULEGE !!!
LLAMADO PEDRO GRACIANO OSUNA LOPEZ Y SU EQUIPO DE TRABAJO EN EL PERIODO 2005-2008 !!!
FUNCIONARIO QUE CALLADITO, EMPEZO TOLERANDO LAS OBRAS PREVIAS Y LOS INICIOS DE ESTA COMPAÑIA, QUE EN SU TIEMPO FUE 100% CANADIENSE, SUS FUNCIONARIOS, HOY NUEVOS RICOS, COMO LO SON JUAN DIEGO DE CATASTRO , LA DE EX-DIPUTADA PRURINOMINAL EDITH AGUILAR SU OTRORA SECRETARIA … PARTICULAR Y OTROS MAS, QUE EN SU MOMENTO ABOYARAN, SE DEDICARON A MALBARATAR ENTRE ELLOS Y SUS SOCIOS ( COMO EL LIC. MANOLO RODRIGUEZ, HOY FLAMANTE NUEVO NOTARIO … YA IMPUGNADO POR CIERTO) LOS TERRENOS DEL AREA DEL ESTERO, LOS FRAILES Y EN LA ZPN, ENTRE OTROS !!!
POSTERIORMENTE LLEGA JOSE MANUEL MURILLO PERALTA … QUE DESMADRO EL MUNDIALMENTE FAMOSO APODO DEL “CHE” !!!
QUIEN SE FUE HASTA LA COCINA; OBVIAMENTE QUE SEGURAMENTE CONTANDO CON EL ASESORAMIENTO “DESINTERESADO” DE SU POBRE ??? TESORERA LA SEÑORA SANTA APODACA, QUE VIVE DESDE ENTONCES COMO JEQUE ARABE EN HERMOSILLO HASTA CON GASOLINERA PROPIA Y TODA LA COSA … QUE MEDIANTE LA PUNTADA “PORFIRIANA” DE EXTENDER A LA EMPRESA MINERA METALURGICA DEL BOLEO UN DOCUMENTO PERSONAL ….. DEL TIPO DE ” EN BASE A MI PODER PLENIPOTENCIARIO PERSONAL “TE EXCENTO , DE TODO IMPUESTO Y DERECHO LEGAL Y CONSTITUCIONALMENTE ESTABLECIDO” PARA CON EL MUNICIPIO DE MULEGE” … SEGURAMENTE CON UNA P.D. EN LETRAS “MAYUSCULAS” DE “TU NOMAS ECHALE” … “Y COPELA” !!!
DE AHI … QUE AL NO CONTAR CON LOS REGISTROS OFICIALES CORRESPONDIENTES DEL PROYECTO EN SU CONJUNTO Y POR LO TANTO NO TENER EL REGISTRO DE LA OBRA Y MUCHO MENOS LAS SUPERVISIONES DE LA CONSTRUCCION, PORQUE NADA DE LO CONSTRUIDO CUENTA CON SU REGISTRO DE LA PROPIEDAD Y MUCHO MENOS DE LOS PAGOS DE PREDIALES … Y A LO QUE SE VE … MAS LO QUE SE ACUMULE !!!
PASO SIGUIENTE, METALURGICA Y MINERA DEL BOLEO SIMPLE Y SENCILLAMENTE … SE DEDICO A COMPRAR LOS TERRENOS ADYACENTES QUE LE FALTABAN, PREVIENDO QUE EN UN FUTURO LOS OCUPARIA COMO ACCESOS A SUS INSTALACIONES , PERO PRINCIPALMENTE, PARA NO TENER VECINOS INCOMODOS, QUE EN UN MOMENTO DADO, ENTORPECIERAN LA “SECRECIA” , CON QUE SE HA MANEJADO DESDE SIEMPRE ESTA FLAMANTE EMPRESA, ….. HASTA EL VIERNES PASADO, DE CLASE Y CALIDAD MUNDIAL !!!
ASI QUE, LOS POSESIONARIOS DE ESTOS TERRERNOS COLINDANTES , AL HABERLOS ADQUIRIDO POR NADA, YA QUE FUERON EN SU TOTALIDAD, PRODUCTO DE DADIVAS DE COMPADRAZGOS CON FUNCIONARIOS TRADICIONALES DEL AREA DE CATASTRO Y REGISTRO DE LA PROPIEDAD ANTERIORES DEL MISMO AYUNTAMIENTO, QUE SE LOS DIERON EN POSECION, YA QUI NI SIQUIERA ESCRITURADOS ESTABAN EN SU MAYORIA … PUES SIMPLE Y SENCILLAMENTE … SE SACARON LA LOTERIA Y SIN COMPRAR “CACHITO”, ASI QUE APROVECHANDO LA RECTA DE MMB, SE LOS CATAPICZIARON POR LOS TRADICIONALES “ESPEJITOS" Y UNAS CUANTAS MONEDAS, QUE LOS CONVIRTIERON EN NUEVOS RICOS !!!
AHORA VIENE LO BUENO !!!
SI PROFEPA CLAUSURA LAS ACTIVIDADES DE UNA EMPRESA TRASNACIONAL DE ESTA MAGNITUD E INVERSION !!!
CLARO QUE ES POR QUE CATEGORICAMENTE ENCONTRO, SERIAS ANOMALIAS DE OPERACION Y RIESGOS INMINENTES CONTRA LA VIDA, AUNADO A LOS IMPACTOS AMBIENTALES QUE SE ESTAN PRODUCIENDO !!!
PRIVILEGIANDO LA VIDA DE LOS TRABAJADORES DE LA EMPRESA, LOS CIUDADANOS DE SANTA ROSALIA, QUE ES EL NUCLEO DE POBLACION MAS CERCANO Y DENSAMENTE POBLADO; QUIENES TRANSITAN POR LA CARRETRA INTERNACIONAL, QUE POR CIERTO TAMBIEN TUVIERON LOS DE AVESTRUZ (LOS DE MMB) PARA MODIFICAR EL CURSO OFICIAL DE DICHA CARRETERA Y LOS QUE HABITANTES Y REALIZAN ACTIVIDADES EN LOS ALREDEDORES, QUE EN REALIDAD SON POCOS, AL HABER YA MONOPILIZADO DICHA EMPRESA MMB, CASI TODAS LAS PROPIEDADES POSIBLES DE ADQUIRIR EN LAS CERCANIAS, Y LAS QUE LES FALTAN AUN, YA ESTAN POR LLEGARLES AL PRECIO !!!
TODOS DEBEN Y DEBEMOS DE PUGNAR EN EL ESTADO Y A NIVEL NACIONAL, ENERGICAMENTE ANTE QUIEN CORRESPONDA !!!
PARA QUE SE TRASPARENTE A SATISFACCION TOTAL …..POR MEDIO DE PERSONAL EXTERNO, CIENTIFICAMENTE CALIFICADO !!!
DEBIENDO QUEDAR AMPLIAMENTE DEMOSTRADO A SATISFACCION PUBLICA; QUE LAS OPERACIONES DE ESTA “EMPRESA MINERA METALURGICA DEL BOLEO” REALIZA Y REALIZARA EN EL FUTURO PROXIMO, QUE TODAS, SON SEGURAS PARA LA VIDA HUMANA Y DEL MEDIO HABIENTE; PERO SOBRETODO, EXIGIR, QUE SE MIDAN LOS NIVELES DE CONTAMINACION QUE SE HAN PRODUCIDO HASTA LA FECHA EN LAS AGUAS DEL GOLFO DE CALIFORNIA DE DONDE TRADICIONALMENTE SURTE SU DIETA LA POBLACION LOCAL; ......YA QUE NO PUEDE SER QUE ESTEN TRAYENDO AGUA DE COREA Y REGRESANDOLA CONTAMINADA PARA EFECTUAR LOS PROCESOS INDUSTRIALES QUE REALIZAN , VERDAD ???
MULEGINOS TODOS: ANTES DE ABOGAR POR TRABAJO A NACIONALES Y EXTRANJEROS QUE LLEGAN A NUESTRO MUNICIPIO !!!
NUESTRA OBLIGACION MINIMA Y COMPROMISO CON LA FAMILIA DE CADA UNO DE NOSOTROS , ES NO PERMITIR QUE DESTRUYAN NUESTRAS VIDAS PERSONALES PREMATURAMENTE Y SOBRETODO NUESTRO MEDIO HABIENTE !!!
PORQUE ES DONDE NACEN, CRECEN Y SE DESAROLLAN LOS MULEGINOS DEL FUTURO !!!
EL PASADO … DONDE LA EXPECTATIVA DE VIDA FUE DE 22 AÑOS Y EL TRABAJO FUE DEL TIPO EXCLAVITUD … DEBE SER PARTE, PERO DE NUESTRA HISTORIA SOLAMENTE !!!

Here is the poor google translation but it gives you an idea of what Rafael Vizcaino Garcia discovered.
SE uncovered the "sewer" Boleo OF MINING METALLURGICAL !!!
DETERMINATION IS GUILTY AND CORRUPT oddball EASY !!!
Because everything is documented in OFFICIAL RECORD BOOKS ARE PUBLIC HALL !!!
INCIO ALL IN THE PERIOD OF MORE PREDATOR PRESIDENT OF THIS CENTURY IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MULEGE !!!
CALL GRACIANO OSUNA PEDRO LOPEZ AND TEAM IN THE 2005-2008 PERIOD !!!
OFFICIALS quietly began tolerating previous works and the beginnings of the company, which at the time was 100% CANADIAN, ITS OFFICERS, TODAY NEW RICH, such as Juan Diego cadastre, EX-DEPUTY OF EDITH AGUILAR his former PRURINOMINAL PRIVATE SECRETARY ... and others, which in turn ABOYARAN, set about squandering between them and their partners (such as LIC. MANOLO RODRIGUEZ, brand new NOTARIO TODAY ... AND CHALLENGED BY THE WAY) LAND AREA DEL ESTERO, FRIARS AND IN ZPN, AMONG OTHERS !!!
Later comes PERALTA JOSE MANUEL MURILLO ... THAT out of hand the world-famous nickname "Che" !!!
Who went to the kitchen; SURELY obviously counting on the "disinterested" ADVICE TO YOUR POOR ??? TREASURER Mrs. Santa Apodaca, who lives since then as Hermosillo TO SHEIK ARAB WITH GAS AND OWN THING ... THAT ALL THROUGH THE STITCH "Porfiriana" EXTENDING THE METALLURGICAL MINING COMPANY Boleo A PERSONAL DOCUMENT TYPE ... .. " BASED ON MY PERSONAL POWER PLENIPOTENTIARY "EXEMPT YOU, ALL TAX AND LEGAL RIGHTS AND constitutionally established" for the municipality of Mulege "... probably with a PD LETTERS "Shift" "you NOMAS ECHALE" ... "and cup" !!!
There ... it did not have to official records PROJECT FOR A WHOLE AND THEREFORE NOT HAVE THE REGISTRATION OF THE WORK AND MUCH LESS THE SUPERVISION OF CONSTRUCTION, FOR NOTHING HAS BUILT PROPERTY REGISTRATION AND MUCH LESS OF PAYMENTS property taxes ... AND WHAT YOU SEE ... WHAT YOU EARN MORE !!!
NEXT STEP, metal and mining Boleo ... quite simply devoted himself to buy the adjacent land which was missing, foreseeing that in future occupy AS THE ACCESS TO ITS FACILITIES, BUT MAINLY FOR UNCOMFORTABLE no neighbors, WHICH AT ANY GIVEN TIME , ENTORPECIERAN THE "secrecy", by which she has handled this brand COMPANY HAS ALWAYS ... .. until last Friday, CLASS AND WORLD CLASS !!!
So landholders OF THESE ADJACENT TERRERNOS, AL have purchased them anything because WERE IN FULL, PRODUCT gifts of cronyism officials TRADITIONAL AREA OF LAND REGISTRY AND REGISTRATION OF PREVIOUS OWNERSHIP OF THE SAME CITY, IS THE GAVE IN POSSESSION, AND EVEN notarized QUI were mostly ... well ... quite simply taken out without buying the lottery and "CACHITO" ADVANTAGE SO THE STRAIGHT MMB ARE THE CATAPICZIARON by traditional "mirrors" and a few coins, THAT BECAME THE NEW RICH !!!
Now comes the good !!!
CLOSING OR ACTIVITIES PROFEPA a multinational company of this magnitude AND INVESTMENT !!!
LIGHT IS FOUND BY categorically, serious anomalies OPERATION AGAINST IMMINENT RISKS AND LIFE, coupled with the environmental impacts that are happening !!!
Privileging the lives of workers ENTERPRISE, citizens of Santa Rosalia, which is the core NEAREST POPULATION densely populated; INTERNATIONAL those who pass through Carretra, which incidentally also had THE OSTRICH (LOS MMB) OFFICIAL TO MODIFY THIS COURSE ROAD AND ACTIVITIES THAT MAKE PEOPLE AND AROUND THAT REALLY ARE FEW, AND TO HAVE SUCH MONOPILIZADO MMB NOW ALMOST ALL POSSIBLE TO BUY PROPERTIES IN THE VICINITY, AND STILL MISSING THEM, AND ARE BY PRICE reach them !!!
AND WE SHOULD ALL OF fight IN THE STATE AND NATIONAL, STRONGLY TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN !!!
TO BE TRANSPARENT A TOTAL SATISFACTION THROUGH PERSONAL ... OUTSIDE ..POR scientifically QUALIFIED !!!
Having to remain amply demonstrated to the satisfaction PUBLIC; OPERATIONS THAT THIS "Boleo METALLURGICAL MINING COMPANY" MAKES AND MADE IN THE NEAR FUTURE, WE ALL ARE SAFE FOR LIFE ENVIRONMENT AND CARDHOLDER; But above all, require, pollution levels INVOLVING TO DATE IN THE WATERS OF THE GULF OF CALIFORNIA where traditionally fill your diet MIDAN local population; ...... BECAUSE IT MIGHT NOT BE BRINGING WATER CONTAMINATED and returning KOREA TO MAKE MAKE industrial processes, right ???
MULEGINOS ALL: before advocating WORK AND FOREIGN NATIONALS TO COME TO OUR CITY !!!
OUR LIABILITY AND MINIMUM COMMITMENT TO THE FAMILY OF EACH OF US IS NOT allow them to destroy our personal lives prematurely and ESPECIALLY OUR MIDST CARDHOLDER !!!
Because that's where born, grow and MULEGINOS been much development THE FUTURE !!!
... WHERE THE LAST EXPECTATION OF LIFE WAS 22 YEARS AND TYPE OF WORK WAS TO BE PART exclavitud ... BUT ONLY OUR HISTORY !!!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 01:52 PM

Wow. what a diatribe. New party attacking the old. I just hope the people do not suffer in the meantime. Which official wrote this?

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 02:11 PM

Well, I am embarrassed! I just skimmed the posts without reading carefully or opening the attachments. I was hungry and thinking boleos or some other great pastry.

Someone U2Ud me and explained that it was about the mine. That mine project has been iffy from the start of the new startup a few years ago.

May I please be excused? I think I have to go now. :)
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 02:13 PM

Slightly different scale than the bakery!
They are not totally shut down. I have 4 friends who are working today. Parts of the operation are shut down due to environmental issues/concerns. Also the mine refused to pay any more money to the Municipality of Mulege because a certain individual moved to Cabo taking all the money with him. There as been protests by the workers against the corruption and at least one key official has been arrested, documented on FB. There is also a powerful movement on FB to remove certain Police. Here is one FB group that covers the stories, starting back about Sept 5th.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lavozdemulege/
Many links from there. I believe the workers, as well as the mining company are feed up with the corruption. Not all of the citizens are happy with Boleo. read some of the comments. It has brought in jobs, but also more corruption, possible environmental hazards and an increase in crime. Let's hope they can straighten out the mess.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 02:50 PM

the post is by Rafael Garcia Vizcaino, who is the Secretario General de Gobierno at H. Ayuntamiento de mulege and subgerente de transporte terrestre de sal at EXPORTADORA DE SAL,S.A DE C.V
Lives in Santa Rosalía, Baja California Sur

It truly is a big mess and will take time to sort out. I talked to a friend from here who's brother works at the mine and even though they arent working, they have to show up as they are still getting paid...so far.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 02:55 PM

Corruption, pollution, and an increase in crime.

Bad actors in the government, in the company, and in the community.

All looking for the fast buck.

Who woulda thunk?

It's cool that social media is being used to inform and communicate.

Power to the people!!

Workers unite!

[Edited on 9-17-2015 by SFandH]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2015 at 03:13 PM

The problem with social media (including this forum) is many times there are few facts and a lot of diatribe. And in Mexico it can be even worse because of partisan politics and combined corruption. As with most politicians, Rafael Garcia Vizcaino, is very partisan and a close friend of Guille Santillan (as is our Delegada).
So usually people believe and repost what they already believe to be true.
SO lets hope they get it straightened out.

Is Santillan back yet?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.