BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10  
Author: Subject: Care to give Baja Nomad a little something?
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 02:18 PM

This thread is comparable to reading the dictionary...no, I think I'd rather read the dictionary at least that way I'll learn something. Let this thread die....

Zac

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
DK you have to realize we are contributing right now, the number of posts on this forum equal money to Doug; so we are helping in our own little way, as you are too.:lol::lol: We probably shouldn't discuss this but when you click on an advertiser it generates more income.(cheating)?

maybe DK should get paid for every post he creates. and given that each Dk post cause 10 additional posts to counter DK, if DK were also paid for every related post, DK would be rich :lol::lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
This thread is comparable to reading the dictionary...no, I think I'd rather read the dictionary at least that way I'll learn something. Let this thread die....

Zac

you can learn allot about some of the folks here at Baja Nomad from a thread like this :lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 04:23 PM

You can sure tell who reads/ replies with facts vs. who reads/ replies with emotions!

:light:

Doug, if you are not going to add anything or correct anything posted here... how about closing this thread?:yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
You can sure tell who reads/ replies with facts vs. who reads/ replies with emotions!

Yes YOU do, child.

I had a highschool girlfriend once that, when I told her that I didn't like something she had done, she responded "Why do you hate me ?"

Sounds just like you, child.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 04:47 PM

OK, how about if I have the last word???

WORD

Now that we have that taken care of, I see a horse being carried by angels into heaven...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 05:00 PM

Diver, I can't be any nicer to you than I have with all the name calling you have done... Let it go, you don't like me, no matter what... that's your only responce or reaction to call names... instead of letting this end? If you are too cheap to tip Nomad for all this free 'fun' you find here, then I don't understand your need to advertise that by all the negativity you post ..

Abe Lincoln might say: You can't please all the people all the time and DK can't please Diver most anytime! :biggrin:

Bon Voyage

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
If you are too cheap to tip Nomad for all this free 'fun' you find here...

So anyone who doesn't agree with the child to give money to Doug is cheap ?
Make sense to me, child.

Always responding with an insult - the CHILD's way. :lol:

Just like I said " He hates me .... " :lol:
Just becasue I don't like the way you have handled this post does not mean that I am cheap or that I do not contribute.

You DARE accuse Trotters of misreading ...? :lol:
Accept some of your own judgement, CHILD; it had been offered by many.

Too bad gringo, it was a nice thought but will never happen with the child.
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 06:07 PM

Okay, DK, now it's your turn again.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 07:37 PM

In trying to figure out just how destitute Mr Means was and how much he needed in donations to keep this site running, I looked up the web host, Q87 International, on Google. (looking for costs etc).

Its hard to figure out just how much trouble this web site is in since it is one of a couple of affiliate sites (affiliated with Q87 International) and is used by Q87 International as an example client (promoting the web hosting business).

Seems Mr Means not only owns Baja Nomad, but he owns the web hosting business, Q87 International as well as at least one other Baja related web site.

Please help me understand just how much I need to help Mr Means out.

For more info see http://www.regionalinternet.com/
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 08:01 PM

OK donkeys.....just send ME some money and I will make good use of it and be your friend....:o
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
In trying to figure out just how destitute Mr Means was and how much he needed in donations to keep this site running, I looked up the web host, Q87 International, on Google. (looking for costs etc).

Its hard to figure out just how much trouble this web site is in since it is one of a couple of affiliate sites (affiliated with Q87 International) and is used by Q87 International as an example client (promoting the web hosting business).

Seems Mr Means not only owns Baja Nomad, but he owns the web hosting business, Q87 International as well as at least one other Baja related web site.

Please help me understand just how much I need to help Mr Means out.

For more info see http://www.regionalinternet.com/

Great hosting site. Doug runs a nice hosting environment and he is always helpful when you have questions, I have hosted many sites over many years with Doug.

I believe in supporting small businesses.

Thats how I support. It's the capitalist in me. Mind you I am not a capitalist in the Milton Friedman Chicago university mold. I do believe in some regulation...more in the Keynesian mold. The Freidmanistas are freaking delusional.

Doug is a good fisherman, I buy his fish.....if you know what I mean.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 08:48 PM

Yes Doug.....Good job my friend.

I believe DK knew this post was going to turn into what it is. Just something to read, night, after night, after night, after night, blah, blah, blah, blah!!!!!!
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
No wonder BN is all screw up, On page 7 of this thread I post it a picture of Senor COCO,that I meet in Ensenada this week end, where I stated it what his needs are and what happends, nothing not a simple reply about the subjet.I don't undestand you guys...I think is more fun to make fun of people and triying to destrou each other,Im out of here...

Sorry dude; no offense but I didn't think this was a good place for your post.
Also, many of us already donated to the Coco wheelchair fund which is now being used for his support in Ensenada.

[Edited on 9-30-2008 by Diver]
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
No wonder BN is all screw up, On page 7 of this thread I post it a picture of Senor COCO,that I meet in Ensenada this week end, where I stated it what his needs are and what happends, nothing not a simple reply about the subjet.I don't undestand you guys...I think is more fun to make fun of people and triying to destrou each other,Im out of here...

Sorry dude; no offense but I didn't think this was a good place for your post.
Also, many of us already donated to the Coco wheelchair fund which is now being used for his support in Ensenada.

[Edited on 9-30-2008 by Diver]
Don't worry Diver I already deleted the whole think, I don't what to steal your precious space in BN, now you can go on with this worthless thread(no ofence DK), like the ones posted in BN Lately..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 10:00 PM

Catman;

Sorry you decided to go away mad.
Coco is a good cause but your attempt to redirect this thread with his photo was bound to fail.
It really has nothing to do with Dk's original post, does it ?

This has nothing to do with 'precious space" so don't get your panties bunched up.
Seems that you may be taking reading comprehension lessons from DK. :lol:
Also his habits of removing posts when he feels challenged even though you were not.
Make a new post of the thread and you will likely get a better response.
Are you taking the money or where does it go ?
How about some REAL info ?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-30-2008 at 06:40 AM

"Seems Mr Means not only owns Baja Nomad, but he owns the web hosting business, Q87 International as well as at least one other Baja related web site."

thot so. figures. no wonder Means never chimed in here with a plea to help him with a bailout.
he has the good sense to not push it. he's doing fine and this is a nice little enterprise kicker.
just as i postured from the get go.
but hey....if you want to DONATE $$ to a obviously solvent going concern please carry on!:lol::lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-30-2008 at 10:02 AM

Golly you guys sure can twist up my post! LOL

Doug is not in a financial crisis I am aware of. The SUGGESTION I made was to give the guy a tip for good service and encourage hime to keep the site online. Show your appreciation... that's all.

With some extra cash, I added that he may be able to get those big tee shirt sizes many of you asked for, etc.

No plea, no bailout, where do get this stuff?:rolleyes:

Have a nice day... and if you get good service, it is a custom to tip the server. Waiting tables usually is a minimum wage job and they do get taxed at 15% of the bill rather you tip or not. Doug's income from this site is probably like the waitress getting minimum wage... keeps the site online, but nothing extra for Doug's good service... and not enough to invest in buying more Nomad stuff for the Tienda.

Are we understanding this amigos?:o

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2008 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by shari
this is kind of interesting from my perspective....because here many mexican would NEVER ask for donations or help of any kind.....BUT...sure appreciate the kind gesture of appreciation for a job well done. I dont find it odd at all that Doug hasnt' chimed in here as he probably is a nice humble man who wouldn't dream of asking for assistance.....like many here...they would never ask for a tip or help BUT could certainly use the help. Thanks for pointing this out David.

In the mexican culture it is really hard to figure out what to do as they wont' ever TELL you what they need or want...only living here for a long time helps undertstand this. So I GET IT.....probably Doug is too proud to ask for help and his amigo David loves him enough to put it out there to us what he might need.....

I agree with fishbuck....lets have a good time fundraising and talking about it amongst us who care and we will help out how we can in a baja spirited way....those of you who dont want to ......welll.....whatever ....ni modo
I do like it that it is a free site as lots of people join up....mostly good people ....if there was a fee...lots of these good folks might not tune in. We who have been here awhile know the value...and I'm sure are willing to help keep our nomad community alive.

BINGO!

Thanks Shari... as one who understands the Baja way, I appreciate you confirming what I thought was common knowledge to those on this forum who claim to all love Baja and its people!

OH. I am sorry. I guess I read this wrong. (this ailment is spreading).
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-30-2008 at 10:16 AM

Perhaps, but my Bingo was that Shari posts how Baja people do not ask for TIPS... "...like many here...they would never ask for a tip..."

Sorry if that was not clear... a tip for Doug.

Pages:  1  ..  8    10  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.