Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  14
Author: Subject: 4TH ANNUAL PREZ DAY WEEKEND NOMAD RIDE
N2Baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2009 at 10:57 PM

The Bronco stays in the states these days. (I could handle anything getting stolen from the house except that. knock on wood) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its something minor on my truck and I'll be meeting up with you and Chris on Friday. I'll keep you posted.

Forget about the danger and think of the fun.
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 2-12-2009 at 01:13 AM

The Johns will be a no show. We were going to go to BOLA afterwards to see the "lost mission" but some business killed all. Next Year!!!

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 2-12-2009 at 09:00 AM
Melanie

Are you the one that brought a group to our South Campos Parade of Lights a few years back?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-12-2009 at 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns
The Johns will be a no show. We were going to go to BOLA afterwards to see the "lost mission" but some business killed all. Next Year!!!

This one: http://vivabaja.com/109 ?

Neal and Marian... when you do get there... be aware that the climb up the side of the mesa is very steep! Perhaps coming up the mesa from the south end you could drive directly to the high end of the wall... where the rock circles begin?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

N2Baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2009 at 09:58 AM

Yes, BajaRob, that was me. We had a blast!

Forget about the danger and think of the fun.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2009 at 10:21 PM

Hey guys & gals have fun and take alot pictures.
Chuck thanks for all your support,and help..maybe next year...

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2009 at 06:25 AM
Thanks Jose

we hope that you can make it next year. You will be missed.
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 2-13-2009 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRob
we hope that you can make it next year. You will be missed.

Ditto here Jose, and that goes for the rest of you scoundrals!

Heading out in 40 minutes for the Beach House. Convoying with N2Baja (Melanie)

See ya down south gang.

[Edited on 2-13-2009 by BajaWarrior]

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2009 at 02:26 PM

Hope everyone has a grand time!:light::bounce::light::bounce:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2009 at 06:09 PM

Saw Baja Warrior near the new Pemex by El Dorado about 415p - He's almost there.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2009 at 05:18 AM
Busy weekend

in the South Campos.
Saturday 7:00 AM- Swap meet at the Community Center
Saturday 5:00 PM- Valentine Dinner/Dance at the Community Center
Saturday 5:30 PM Mixed grille BBQ and pot luck at Baja Warriors
Sunday 7:AM Pres Day 09 ride to Quartz Moutain, Cajon Canyon and Valle Chico
Monday 7:00 AM Pancake Breakfast at the Community Center

[Edited on 2-14-2009 by BajaRob]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 11:05 PM

How about some reports ?

Bug
Junior Nomad

Mood: Life can not get better than this!

[*] posted on 2-16-2009 at 07:13 AM

Thank you Baja Warrior for leading a great trip Sunday. It was nice to put the name to the faces. And what nice people too. The day was so enjoyable. Look forward to the next run.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2009 at 10:06 AM

It was a great day in the desert - cloudy and a little cool but not too bad. Actually any day in the desert is great.

BajaLou and 5 other vehicles from El Dorado headed out Zoo road to Quartz Mtn at the east end of Chanote wash. Nomads bajalou, bug, El Camote and Jim, meme's husband were among the group. Got there a little before 10am and built a fire to ward off the slight chill. Any day is a good day for a fire!

At 1030 Baja Warrior arrived and his group of 9 vehicles of Nomads and friends got out to take a look and climb Quartz Mtn. Nomads Baja Rob, Squarecircle and Baja Warrior and Phil were among the group. Looked around and visited for a hour or so then saddled up and headed out to Valle Chico and across to the west side and Canon Cajon. Took Rehab road across the valley and heard a few wondering if they should check in but all continued to follow Baja Warrior to our lunch spot.

Drove to the mouth of the canyon where there is a small corral and some buildings and set up for lunch. This was a 2 hr stop and several walked up the canyon checking out the stream and rocks, plants etc. Phil got a picture of some petroglyphs that he spotted on the canyon wall. No one spotted any of the mountain rams that populate these mountains.

About 3pm, packed up and headed out using Cross Valle Rd past a ranch shown on some maps as El Chaparral, then on to East Valle Rd to Zoo RD and back to the coast. Got slowed down a bit by a couple of burros that liked to stand in the road.

The group from Santa Maria headed to Jolly Mon for a little relaxation before heading down Highway 5 and Baja Warrior's place. The EDR group just headed to our houses and are thinking about the next trip into the desert.

Thanks BajaCat for getting this going again this year even if you didn't make it. and Thanks to Baja Warroir for the use of his house for the pot luck Sat evening and staging area as well as accommodations for some of the out of towners. And of course to his and BajaRob's scouting, planning and leading this year.

[Edited on 2-16-2009 by bajalou]

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2009 at 01:20 PM

Thanks for the i nfo Lou I hope next year i will be able to make it, I hope everybody had a good time ,againg thanks to Chuck and Chris for taking charge on this event, also BajaRob and BajaLou for the help,and for the people that didn't make it this year( like me) don't worry 2010 is just around the corner, can wait for the pix guys & gals.

[Edited on 2-16-2009 by BAJACAT]

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2009 at 03:03 PM

Thanks Lou for the wrap up of the expedition...

I look forward to hearing from the others in the next day or few...!

BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2009 at 06:15 PM
Thank you Lou

For your words on our trip to to the Valle. As always we so much appreciate our time spent with you. Everyplace that we go, you have already been there and you are so generous with sharing your knowlege with us. Many call you you the " desert rat" , we call you friend. Rob

[Edited on 2-17-2009 by BajaRob]
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 2-16-2009 at 08:38 PM

Just got in, whew! Rain again coming home. It started at the Mexicali border and lasted all the way to El Cajon which is about 20 miles east of San Diego.

Yes! Yes! Great trip.

We had 9 vehicles from our group a few of them were Nomads and the rest were guest of Nomads or neighbors of BajaRob's and mine. We met with BajaLou and his group so we were 15 vehicles strong when we left Quartz Mountain and proceeded west towards Canon El Cajon.

More later, like I said, just got in.

Thanks guys!

Chuck and Chris

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2009 at 11:40 PM

cHUCK I HOPE YOU MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE EVENT, THIS ONE IS GWETTING TO LONG...:biggrin:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2009 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
cHUCK I HOPE YOU MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE EVENT, THIS ONE IS GWETTING TO LONG...:biggrin:

Gee... it's been here for so long, why move it now that it's over? Perhaps put a trip report/ photo essay in the Trip Reports forum with a link to there from this page...?

Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  14

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.