BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
Hunter's an idiot...along with most of Congress who don't have any more idea what is in the Constitution than is what is in the Bills they pass.

Whoa!!!!! "Idiot"??? You lost me on that one. Could not be further from the truth-------Hunter know's EXACTLY what the Constitution says--------I believe he was simply saying that is what he personally thought, in response to a specific question and out of total frustration--------of course he was legally wrong, and he well knew it-------he was emotionally responding, always a dangerous and improper thing for any polltician to do.

Barry

yes, hunter is an idiot. first and only time i have agreed with oldlady.
jeremias
Nomad

Mood: Muy Tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:13 PM

Looks like it's already starting....... MEXICAN TAXIS BOYCOTT 'ARIZONA GRINGOS'

The Arizona law has catapulted the immigration issue back to the front and center of U.S. politics in this congressional election year, and ratcheted up pressure on Obama to keep a pledge to Hispanics to pass comprehensive immigration reform.

"It is going to allow us to ultimately say -- when all is said and done -- that this was the clear pivotal moment," said Gutierrez, who is head of the congressional Hispanic caucus' immigration task force.

U.S. Senate Majority leader Harry Reid, who faces a tough re-election battle in Nevada where Latinos helped clinch victory for Obama in 2008, said he was committed to passing both climate change and immigration reform laws this year.

While the two efforts are widely seen as election-year long shots, Reid said: "I am committed to doing both this session of Congress."

Passing an overhaul that offered a path to citizenship for many of the 10.8 million illegal immigrants in the United States would consolidate support for Democrats among Hispanics, the country's largest minority, but would run the risk of energizing Republican opposition to Democratic lawmakers in swing states and districts.

Arizona's bold move continued to reverberate well beyond its borders, sparking calls for economic boycotts and celebrity interventions.

Colombian-born pop star Shakira said she will travel to Phoenix on Thursday to help campaign against the new law, and would meet with Mayor Phil Gordon.

In Mexico, where the government has warned its citizens living in or traveling to Arizona that they could be "harassed," taxi drivers organized their own special boycott.

"We don't give service to gringos from Arizona," was the phrase some Mexico City taxi drivers painted in white on their rear windows.

(Additional reporting by Steve Gorman in Los Angeles, Tom Ferraro in Washington and Catherine Bremer in Mexico City; Editing by Mary Milliken and Eric Walsh)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:18 PM
Callous. Evil. And downright unconstitutional.

HUNTER: "Would you support deportation of natural-born American citizens that are the children of illegal aliens," Hunter was asked. "I would have to, yes," Hunter said. "... We simply cannot afford what we're doing right now," he said. "... It takes more than just walking across the border to become an American citizen. It's what's in our souls. ..."

Ironic, isn't it? Conservatives love to talk about the Constitution until they're blue in the face--until it gets in the way of their anti-immigrant tendencies. Then they're all too happy to ignore it. And Duncan Hunter apparently thinks it's just fine to deport children who are citizens of the United States out of the only home they have ever known--apparently because they didn't have the "soul of a citizen" in his mind.

Callous. Evil. And downright unconstitutional.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:23 PM

The Urban Institute, a DC based think tank estimates that there are currently 75,000 Canadian illegals in the US. That obviously pales by comparison to the estimated 6.5 million Mexicans. However, think anyone is going to stop a Canadian to ask for papers?
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
The Urban Institute, a DC based think tank estimates that there are currently 75,000 Canadian illegals in the US. That obviously pales by comparison to the estimated 6.5 million Mexicans. However, think anyone is going to stop a Canadian to ask for papers?

Absolutely!!!! Like others have said in this thread, we are asked for papers all the time on a daily basis--------what's the big deal???

In response to Goat's last post-----yes, Hunter replied in a telling and scary way, and I only hope he did not mean exactly what he said, but I agree, it don look good------he said it, and that's that.

Sorry for my knee-jerk reaction to OldLady before.

Barry
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:46 PM

Quote:

Half of them are in Quartsite, AZ for 4 months of the year.:lol:

If you read the bill you would know that the bill does not allow stopping to ask for papers.

The problem of illegal Canadians is one that i'm sure the present administration will look into after they address Cap and Trade, fine tuning the taxes on Tanning Salons, and possibly the VAT.

Ken

Anyone else see the humor in an administration headed by a Black president, installing taxes on Tanning Salons? I mean who doesn't go into a tanning booth? But I digress...........
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:47 PM

Boycotting Arizona Gringos. Oh yea! How 'bout gringos not going to Mexico? There are plenty of other places that will welcome them with open arms. :)
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:

Half of them are in Quartsite, AZ for 4 months of the year.:lol:

If you read the bill you would know that the bill does not allow stopping to ask for papers.

The problem of illegal Canadians is one that i'm sure the present administration will look into after they address Cap and Trade, fine tuning the taxes on Tanning Salons, and possibly the VAT.

Ken

Anyone else see the humor in an administration headed by a Black president, installing taxes on Tanning Salons? I mean who doesn't go into a tanning booth? But I digress...........

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:49 PM

What does an Arizona gringo look like?

Oh...I know. They're white.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
What does an Arizona gringo look like?

Oh...I know. They're white.

--------you can always tell them by looking at their shoes------
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

Tanning Salons have taken over where Massage Parlors left off....if, in fact, they did. Obama is taxing prostitution.
Masturbation is next.
Wet Dreams...Well, he's working on that one.
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Not at all, but Arizona is going to lose a lot of jobs because of this, trust me.

With all the knee jerk boycotting and fear, you stand a very good chance of being correct. The discrestionaries hit first and hardest. Hotels, restaurants, theaters etc. In may be unintended consequences it will hurt.

Sent a note of to DC a couple of hours ago. I thought just maybe these events are a little hotter, in the moment, than any immediate cooling passing a bill on Cap and Trade might provide and it might be more productive. I'm sure others of you have thought and done the same. Make them do their job....that's what we pay them for.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 03:22 PM
Also posted in the other thread>>>

So only the United States doesn't need to enforce its border or immigration laws, but Mexico can (and does)?

Just where do you think the money is coming from to pay the hospital bills and social services being sucked empty?

Only America must lay down and let them stampede across our land, without any filter to keep out criminals, diseases, terrorists?

Don't any of you on the left have ANY respect or love for YOUR country left in you to try and save it?

The great American culture and society is disappearing before our eyes... That is the SAME culture and way of life that ATTRACTS outsiders to come here... and we welcome those who abide by our laws.

You want to throw away the rule of law for a particular group that you think should get a pass? Is it because you think they are not able to play by the same rules as ALL the other 200 or so nations of the world? That is insulting to the good people of Mexico, specially those who went through the process to come here legally.

Will you not be happy until America is no better than Botswana or Albania? The world needs America to be better... to be there as an example of freedom and justice (justice means laws being obeyed and followed).

The Republicans are a party of the people and a party of preserving this great country and the laws passed by the people... the party of Lincoln... the party that passed the Civil Rights Act. We are for opportunity for everyone in America, no matter where they come from... as long as they respect America enough to come here the legal way.

I am a little tired of the lies and associations with N-zis and bigots. Nothing could be further from the truth. All the left has done is divide people into groups and classes... color, race, economic condition and then try and create hate between the groups. This is the opposite of what Martin Luther King advocated... We are Americans and we love America... period.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 03:30 PM

Texas may soon enact an immigration law similar to the one passed by Arizona.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 03:36 PM

Lordy, Goat-------talking to you is like talking to a rock!!! Don't you ever consider ANYTHING others say??

Oh well, I suppose not.

(sigh)

Barry
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Texas may soon enact an immigration law similar to the one passed by Arizona.

This will give Skeet something to do. :lol:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 03:43 PM

estimated 6.5 million Mexicans

i think it is more like 10-12 MM.
but we cannot get a real count....too many of them are working illegally for the Census dept. cause they couldn't get legal residents to do it.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 03:43 PM

Cypress:

Here I am a TEXAN and you are wrong Cypress. Texas is not about to pass any Laws as such. Better do a little better on your information{better than the LA Times, New York Times|

Skeet
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
estimated 6.5 million Mexicans

i think it is more like 10-12 MM.

I think it's racial profiling to count them. No No No...we don't want any of that now, do we. :lol:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 03:55 PM

Skeet/Loreto, Debbie Riddle of Tomball, TX says she will introduce a bill similar to the Arizona law. Do TEXANS have the spine to pass it? You're probably right. Regarding your choice of newspapers: I don't subscribe to any.:lol:
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.