BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10  
Author: Subject: ITZEL'S HEART OPERATION... WE DID IT... SUCCESS!!! *** UPDATE & PHOTO ***
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 10:06 AM

Thanks A&A for the updates and truly heart warming photos.

Have posted on our website hoping to inspire others to participate .

Thanks 2 Doug and Dennis, for the eloquent reminder that positive thoughts & prayers are important too.

All best wishes.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 11:56 AM

Just a quick bump since they said not all the bills are paid yet.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
BUMP

Quote:
Originally posted by a-commit
You can find Commitment, Inc. on the web at: www.makeacommitment.org (Best if you use Google and key in Commitment, Inc.)... here is the hyperlink for you: Commitment, Inc

Commitment started in 2005 and is a 501(C) 3 Non-Profit Organization recognized by the IRS. A letter from the IRS is on the site. We can provide tax deductible receipts.

The site shows a picture of Itzel and describes her condition. She is 5 years old and was badly misdiagnosed, given little medication, treatment or hope. In a word, malpractice.

Commitment has worked with Hospital Del Prado in Tijuana on 4 successful heart operations already. We are negotiating with them as well as a U.S. hospital to the get the best possible combination of treatment and price for Itzel.

The website also mentions a heart operation done recently for a guide from the Sierra de San Francisco named Santos. We are still doing follow up work with him and he will likely need to come back to Tijuana early next year for another checkup. The “Completed Projects” shows the 15 surgeries that Commitment has played a major part in.

Some individuals have asked about the Shriners Hospital in Los Angeles. The Shriners only do orthopedic work, which Itzel does not need. Commitment has done some projects with the Shriners already.

Commitment is hoping that you will want to help Itzel with her operation. You can remit funds via paypal or by check:

If by Paypal you may use this link: Commitment at PayPal, or you can also use our PayPal e-mail address: commitment@nethere.com

By Check, made payable and sent to:

Commitment, Inc.
PO Box 178309
San Diego, CA 92177

We thank you for your consideration. Together we can make a difference!!!

Andy Schouten

Good idea, Diane. We'll put this up as well.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 07:42 AM

what a great sunday morning read about Itzel's feet tingling!!! How about we focus now on the fundraiser...offer prizes for a raffle at the dinner maybe??

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Nappo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 10:44 PM

As a 3rd year Asuncion visitor I always consider Shari's posts some of the best. I know where her heart is after all she went through with her daughter - Does any one else notice how quickly Shari has moved from her own family's crisis and moved on to others? What a great lady! She spent days in Guerrero Negro and helped another USA guy get home with medical problems and now she is helping another. I guess I just post this as I am so impressed with her dedication to "help". So, dig down in your hearts and help these young kids...Thanksgiving is coming and what a better way to honor your family than by giving to others.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-22-2010 at 07:02 AM

a gracious thank you Nappo...this is something very valuable I have learned living in mexico. We ALL need help at some time or other and shouldnt be ashamed of asking for it or giving it.

People who have very little always have enough to help someone in need in some way or other so my idea is to try to motivate more here...especially the lurkers who are perhaps too shy to post but hopefully might donate a few dollares or prize to raffle off to this most worthy cause.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-22-2010 at 07:19 AM

we all love Shari, at least all who have met her.... and most who haven't!

a-commit

[*] posted on 11-22-2010 at 09:41 PM

Dear Nomads:
I have been unable to connect with a particular restaurant manager. I have sent him an email. We want to have the thank you party on Saturday, December 11, 2010 from 5:00PM to 8:00PM. The restaurant we are considering is south of Del Mar. We hope to make the official announcement in a day or so.
Commitment, Inc.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-22-2010 at 09:47 PM

we'd love to attend, on ANY other eve. our Xmas party is downtown 7pm. hopefully, this manager runs a place close by......

if not, give a hug to Itxzel and her mom for Bia and i.

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2010 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Lets not forget that her medical expenses still have not been covered.

:light:

Ken's statement implys a debt that we have ignored.
I take offense to the suggestion that we have been slack in our efforts to assist in the success of this operation.
Those who could...did. Those who couldn't give the green, gave their best thoughts. That means a lot.

Dennis,

How do you read my message as anyway denegrating Nomads? Just like your "bumps" I was communicating that our efforts are still needed for Itzel. All of the expenses, when Andy last posted the amounts, where not covered. Raising money for a trip to Disneyland, while a great idea, is secondary to paying back all the generous folks that have covered her bills to date. Dennis your problem with me shouldn't taint this thread, take to U2U if you must.

Ken
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2010 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
While you've perceived Ken's note in a not-so-supportive way, I on the other hand take it as a positive note reminding people there's still a reason to get involved if/where/when possible. Written communication can be so challenging to interpret sometimes.

I agree. Sorry, Ken. I shouldn't have fired on you. [actually, it wasn't me. It was the other Dennis]

I see the need to concentrate on the unpaid portion of the bill. I know for a fact that there's still one check in the mail.
We'll just keep plugging away at it.

Ken,
Maybe you missed this post---After a post of Doug's, Dennis posted the above.

Hope lots of money is raised to pay the rest of the bills--- that is the first concern----then off to Disneyland. :biggrin:

[Edited on 11-24-2010 by DianaT]
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2010 at 10:03 AM

Yes Diane I didn't see that, thanks for posting. Dennis I retract what I said. I have been off the grid for a week and missed your apology when I reviewed this thread.

Ken
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2010 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
bump

Quote:
Originally posted by a-commit
You can find Commitment, Inc. on the web at: www.makeacommitment.org (Best if you use Google and key in Commitment, Inc.)... here is the hyperlink for you: Commitment, Inc

Commitment started in 2005 and is a 501(C) 3 Non-Profit Organization recognized by the IRS. A letter from the IRS is on the site. We can provide tax deductible receipts.

The site shows a picture of Itzel and describes her condition. She is 5 years old and was badly misdiagnosed, given little medication, treatment or hope. In a word, malpractice.

Commitment has worked with Hospital Del Prado in Tijuana on 4 successful heart operations already. We are negotiating with them as well as a U.S. hospital to the get the best possible combination of treatment and price for Itzel.

The website also mentions a heart operation done recently for a guide from the Sierra de San Francisco named Santos. We are still doing follow up work with him and he will likely need to come back to Tijuana early next year for another checkup. The “Completed Projects” shows the 15 surgeries that Commitment has played a major part in.

Some individuals have asked about the Shriners Hospital in Los Angeles. The Shriners only do orthopedic work, which Itzel does not need. Commitment has done some projects with the Shriners already.

Commitment is hoping that you will want to help Itzel with her operation. You can remit funds via paypal or by check:

If by Paypal you may use this link: Commitment at PayPal, or you can also use our PayPal e-mail address: commitment@nethere.com

By Check, made payable and sent to:

Commitment, Inc.
PO Box 178309
San Diego, CA 92177

We thank you for your consideration. Together we can make a difference!!!

Andy Schouten
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2010 at 03:43 PM

Andy and Antonio,

I would like some information on Itzel"s family. Is she an only child? Is there anything she needs for school or a special gift of a toy.

Thank you Mrs M
BajaHombre

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 11:12 AM

Bump

I just made a donation to Commitment to help with the bills
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 02:14 PM

Welcome BajaHombre to Baja Nomads and thanx for the donation ... together we all make a difference.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 11:53 AM

we just made another donation for the bills and hopefully Disney Land
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 11:55 AM

can some one give us an update on how Itzel is doing, is she back home now
a-commit

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 02:07 PM

To the nomads:
I am asking Antonio to give a more recent update. I do know that she was seen by a doctor before she went back to Mexico and all the reading were heading in a positive direction. It will take up to a month for Itzel's body to adjust to the improved blood circulation. Itzel used to have trouble sleeping due to upper chest congestion caused by high blood pressure. This is now significantly better. She is playing with friends doing things she previously was restricted from doing due to lack of strength and lack of blood to her leg muscles. Her mother's worries have also diminished as her daughter can better function without her and other family members can take of her while she if off to work. At the December 11 party, Itzel, her brother and her mother will all be there.
Commitment.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 03:34 PM
Andy - party?

Andy, can we assume the date of the 11th is still on, then?

We need to make hotel reservations.

John M
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.