Author: Subject: IVO - storm reports, rain & road updates
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 07:46 AM

power has been out along the coast.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 08:12 AM

anyone know for sure if Hwy 1 is open from Loreto, or at least the airport there, to Nopolo/LB?

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 08:42 AM

We have power; we have internet; damage is minimal compared to other storms I've weathered here. We are going out to take pictures and check in with other Nomads. In the meantime, you can check the public photos posted on

https://www.facebook.com/likethecomet

for yesterday morning's photos. Shari is well, if tired...we've all had a lot of sopping up to do from wind blown rain under doors and through window casings...and of course, roof leaks.

Edit: Also, we just had a call from Mercedes, the proprietor at Puerto Nuevo, where we had reservations for a couple of days. She says the roads are washed out and three more days of rain are forecast.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajagypsy
Any word from Asuncion?

[Edited on 8-26-2013 by zforbes]

\"You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair.\"
Swedish proverb
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 08:58 AM

I saw San Felipe is expecting thunderstorms the rest of the week. Anyone know about the road and bridges from the border to GN?
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 09:02 AM

Had a BIG event here at our house this week-end and so I am just now able to get on BN to tune in to what has been going on. WOW!

thanks so much for all the updates, everyone!

Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 09:20 AM

Thank god, you are ok zforbes. I sent you a message on facebook!

tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 09:43 AM
rhintransit

Hwy 1 is open from Loreto at least to the north entrance at Nopoló.

Certainty is the child of ignorance, knowledge is the mother of doubt. Question everything!

http://bcsbirds.com
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 10:06 AM

How do you get your internet in BA, Krystal?

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
Had a BIG event here at our house this week-end and so I am just now able to get on BN to tune in to what has been going on. WOW!

thanks so much for all the updates, everyone!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 10:16 AM
Mx-1 clear Ensenada - Mulege report

Relatives drove in last night, no problems.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 10:26 AM

Udo, we r still at home in WA right now, but will be leaving here on Sept 7th to head down to BA for 2 weeks.

If you need us to do anything, let me know.

And if anyone needs anything brought down, let us know, we should be in San Diego on Sept. 8th and 9th.

a little worried about our house in BA, hope all is ok!

stay safe, everyone!

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 10:42 AM

Glad Mulege caught a break, for once! That is good news. Sounds like the coast really got pounded. Hopefully, you can get cleaned up soon.

Southern CA desert is getting badly flooded. We are not having rain issues in NoCal; just lots of smoke here in the foothills.

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 11:36 AM

8/26/13 Desde Bahía Asunción

My rain gauge measured 7-9/16" rainfall since Friday. Max wind gusts were around 25 mph.

Asphalt main street covered with various amounts of silt, none of it seems to be more than a couple of inches in spots.

Some side dirt (sand) streets have considerable erosion, making them passable with 4WD.

Power flickered a couple of times, but no outages.

Undoubtedly poor people living in jacales got soaked. Kids did not go to school today. Eduardo returned from San Ignacio at 8:00 PM last night in a 2WD pickup truck. Said conditions there were similar to those I saw here.

Wishing everyone the best.

B-I-G money in the cape and government center in La Paz pretty much insures Mex 1 will be repaired with no screwing around.

re: Photos above. SCT needs to go to school to learn how to build a proper pier for a highway bridge. They never learn.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 12:25 PM

thanks for the update, DavidE.

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 01:04 PM

Friends made it back from Seven Sisters area but got dumped on---I'm sure we'll see some pics.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 01:08 PM

BTW invest 95E is headed north and looks quite vigorous convection wise...could skirt BCS according to a couple models.
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 01:51 PM

BajaLuna....where in washington do you live??...we reside in sequim when we're not in mulege...mike and roz.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 02:00 PM

We are in Snohomish County! We were up in Sequim last weekend, have relatives there! And we LOVE your lavender farm, have been there many times!

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 02:29 PM

One thing I discovered as a Amateur Junior Associate Part Time Meteorologist...

When a substantial system passes over a 25+C sea surface, the churning leaves the water temperature 3-5C cooler until solar can re-heat it, usually a week or so.

Warm water is the fuel. Seventy octane is not quite the same as 100 octane. Does not mean "no action" but it does mean "less" action. If that system even grazes the coast convection will suck most of it up into the coastal mountains of mainland Mexico and vampire it into insignificance. In Michoacan I saw 17" of rainfall in 20 hours on the fringes of a hurricane. Inland Apatzingan reported the eqvt of 2mm less than a YARD of water in the same time. Biblical grade of water fell. Good thing the town is well up on the side of an arroyo. The flow scoured the gorge to bare hard rock. On a plateau a quarter acre in area, with the ocean on three sides I had two inches of water flowing. Incredible stuff.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 02:52 PM

Just took these from eebmike

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2013 at 03:02 PM

ignore all those models. The AJAPTM knows better. I know another Amateur who thought that IVO was dead on arrival as well. I am watching the experts myself.
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  13

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.