Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-21-2013 at 09:37 AM

Blanca, Thanks for continuing to pursue this....Until some resolution is made, I think we all have to think its still a problem..Some of us wish we could do more......

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 9-21-2013 at 12:30 PM

thanks Shari and Blanca and everyone else for all that you are doing! I know if it was my loved one I would be sooo worried. I think it's important to keep moving forward with helping to find him, as much as anyone is able to. I wish I could help, I feel helpless.

Baja Nomads with their ears and eyes and connections can be a powerful thing, Let's hope they find him soon! May the force be with all who are helping!

SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2013 at 12:32 PM

Thank you to everyone who has been helping in our search to find Gary. I was finally able to get registered today and able to send out an update. We have family that is down there now and will be going to the last sighting of Gary, they will arrive there tonight or tomorrow. I am getting a nightly update and I am making sure that everyone is informed as information is rolling in.

We, The Patton Family and & all our Friends, have not withdrawn from finding Gary. We are listening to all the positive thoughts and ideas from our friends everywhere on Baja Nomad’s, Facebook and Friends of Friends. We are making sure we are not leaving any rocks unturned. We truly appreciate all the love and support that we are receiving during this time. It means the world to me and my family. Thank you so much! xoxo
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 9-21-2013 at 12:34 PM

exactly, chuckie!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-21-2013 at 12:38 PM

thank you for that....I do hope that you followed up Lizard Lips suggestions about calling the federal police junk yards....coralones...as abandoned cars do show up there. I still think the cheapest air search would be with Aero Guerrero Negro with a couple family members aboard as spotters...their pilots know every inch of this part of baja and could cover alot of territory in a day. I imagine they are now in GN. The word is being spread far and wide and people are looking out for him.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2013 at 12:49 PM

Thanks to those who act. Hard to think of finding someone in that vast space while sitting at a keyboard. Found this K38 Facebook link to surfer info around Rosario, though.

https://www.facebook.com/K38ElMorroRosaritoBajaCaMexico?ref=...

Best wishes to family on your journey,
W

[Edited on 9-21-2013 by windgrrl]

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2013 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
...their pilots know every inch of this part of baja and could cover alot of territory in a day.

Very true. They even navigate using road maps.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2013 at 01:13 PM

I am so glad to hear the Pattons are coming down. The response from LV Patton after my last post was surely out of frustration so no worries here. If it was a family member of mine I would be a complete tool right now.

To the Patton family: If I in any way made you feel that I was being negative I am sorry for that. My intent for my email and post was for charting a direction for others to follow and I hope they do. My offer to help you is still open however like I said I cannot come south right now. If you would like to call me please do and I will be happy to discuss anything and answer any questions you may have.

I gave a letter to Delegado Marco Novello on Thursday with detailed information, as much as we have, and a copy of the flyer. I have also contacted my brother in law who is the owner of the junk yard and his brother who is owner of another junk yard in SQ and they have no information---yet. They are spreading the word. My other family member with the Mexican Highway Patrol is not currently in town however will return tomorrow and I will see him then.

You guys are awesome and we need to follow this through to the conclusion. Lets pray that Gary is safe and sound and having a ball!

I also want to THANK YOU ALL for the kind words. Lets do this for Gary. Anytime you go to the market or get gas ask them to hang up the flyer. It only takes one person that may have seen him and then we can go from there...Good Luck
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2013 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
ask them to hang up the flyer.

I've been through this, so I know of what I speak. The flyer should have a reward for verifiable information. Nothing inspires public action like money. Otherwise, people here are reluctant to get involved. Disappearances down here are not what they are in the states.

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
ask them to hang up the flyer.

I've been through this, so I know of what I speak. The flyer should have a reward for verifiable information. Nothing inspires public action like money. Otherwise, people here are reluctant to get involved. Disappearances down here are not what they are in the states.

....though a 'rewardo' poster can bring up other issues-depending on where you are down there.....

..........in TJ,I'm told it can mean 'kidnap-me' to some:o:o

...good luck with Gary,,,I hope all turns out well,,,wish I was down there to help!

[Edited on 9-22-2013 by micah202]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202

....though a 'rewardo' poster can bring up other issues-depending on where you are down there.....

..........in TJ,I'm told it can mean 'kidnap-me' to some:o:o

Good point.
My idea is to reward for verifiable info only. That would keep the amount at a manageable level.

[Edited on 9-22-2013 by DENNIS]

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 07:39 AM

Dennis, back off....A reward generally attracts way more bad input than good..you made your point....The family will the decision that makes sense to them...

SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 07:46 AM

Good morning friends and family, my Dad and Aunt Sue made it GN yesterday and will be on there way to the loop today with our friend Servas. My dad mentioned that he saw tons of missing flyers for Gary at gas stations and checkpoints all the way down, thank you for everyone that has helped with that. My dad says he might not be able to call for the next couple days depending on the service in the area. He will be stopping at Blanca and Less house so he might be able to email or call from there. I can't say thank you enough to everyone who has helped in one way or another, all your thoughts and prayers mean so much to everyone in my family.
Jenn
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 08:40 AM

wishing you the best, and resolution soon. we are all watching/hoping, wishing we could do more.

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew

Good morning friends and family, my Dad and Aunt Sue made it GN yesterday and will be on there way to the loop today with our friend Servas. My dad mentioned that he saw tons of missing flyers for Gary at gas stations and checkpoints all the way down, thank you for everyone that has helped with that. My dad says he might not be able to call for the next couple days depending on the service in the area. He will be stopping at Blanca and Less house so he might be able to email or call from there. I can't say thank you enough to everyone who has helped in one way or another, all your thoughts and prayers mean so much to everyone in my family.
Jenn

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Dennis, back off....A reward generally attracts way more bad input than good..you made your point....The family will the decision that makes sense to them...

OK, Chuckie. I'm over and out of it for good, but perhaps you can give us your source of information. It might help to clarify your point.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 09:18 AM

I talked to Savas's dad Juvenal a couple nights ago and glad they are helping with the search...they are friends of mine and good folks.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 09:56 AM

Hopefully there is going to be good news real soon. Positive thoughts today!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LocoMotive
Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Dennis, back off....A reward generally attracts way more bad input than good..you made your point....The family will the decision that makes sense to them... [/quot

Very good advice. Dennis, go lay down.

wOW ! First post here huh ? you trying to make friends ? :o
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
Thank you to everyone who has been helping in our search to find Gary. I was finally able to get registered today and able to send out an update. We have family that is down there now and will be going to the last sighting of Gary, they will arrive there tonight or tomorrow. I am getting a nightly update and I am making sure that everyone is informed as information is rolling in.

We, The Patton Family and & all our Friends, have not withdrawn from finding Gary. We are listening to all the positive thoughts and ideas from our friends everywhere on Baja Nomad’s, Facebook and Friends of Friends. We are making sure we are not leaving any rocks unturned. We truly appreciate all the love and support that we are receiving during this time. It means the world to me and my family. Thank you so much! xoxo

Hang in there, our thoughts and hearts are with you.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Does the man have medical issues? Psychological aberrations perhaps? If we're trying to think like he thinks, that may be a problem.

I've asked this before and got nothing.

Dennis, your questions and suggestions have been very good. When looking for a missing person, it is important to know if there are issues as you mention above, or maybe real money issues, or maybe a criminal issue. It all makes a difference and are valid questions. Is there a possible reason he might not want to be found.

People on this board have been asked before to look for someone involved in criminal activity and was not told the whole story at first which could be dangerous. And the other issues can make a real difference in how the search proceeds and how someone might approach the missing person.

So IMHO, your questions were quite valid and the criticism out of line.

For the sake of his loved ones, I hope he is fine and is found --- hoping he just wanted to be alone for a while. Best of luck with the search and may it have a positive outcome for everyone.

[Edited on 9-22-2013 by DianaT]
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.