Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2014 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
The longer they wait the less likely they will find his remains.

So yes, there is a 'sense of urgency'.
thats bullchit. if he's there in june he'll be there in october!

At this rate they'll need a paleontologist, not a detective, to find his remains.
this from the man who believes the path to finding gary is through his underwear?
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2014 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

At this rate they'll need a paleontologist, not a detective, to find his remains.
this from the man who believes the path to finding gary is through his underwear?

Keep trolling, lizardhead. Maybe you'll get a bite. And help your self esteem.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2014 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Keep trolling, lizardhead. Maybe you'll get a bite. And help your self esteem.

underwear I tell ya! check his underwear! :lol:
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2014 at 10:17 PM

When I accepted this assignment for the family to get leads and attempt to locate Gary last October Bajaguy and myself conducted the search from his last know sighting which was San Quintin to BOLA.

Of course we didn't go to every beach camp however we did contact all police outposts as well as the ministerio public and every store, hotel, gas station, tow and junk yard, and anywhere that people would see the flyer. We talked to hundreds of people and posted hundreds of flyers. All of this was mentioned in my prior posts.

We did everything we could and felt satisfied that the word was out but we never got a hit. When we returned back to Ensenada I had a feeling that Gary was somewhere south of SQ and north of BOLA and it appears that my "feeling" was correct.

The family has been patient not only with the authorities but with all of you and I know they are overwhelmed with the sincerity of your kind words and actions that have been displayed here at BN. I wish I could have done more but with my schedule and obligations I had to take a back seat to continuing to look for him.

Garys family are not wealthy and don't have the funds to do more than what they have already done so please keep this in mind when you post. These people are the salt of the Earth and love-and miss Gary a lot.

Prior to making any decision on how this has been handled by the family so far lets see what Garys brother develops on this recent trip. I will call Garys sister tomorrow and get an update. Until then lets hope we get closer with what is found on this trip.

Keep the faith…
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-13-2014 at 09:18 PM

what happened to the cowboys that were going to search?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 04:11 AM

Indians?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
what happened to the cowboys that were going to search?

Did someone hire them?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 09:17 AM

Well, cowboys certainly can't be hired by phone. Nor, by wishing for it on the internet, over and over.

Some people need to realize that not every family reveres the corporal remains of a person as much as others. Remains are disposed of by fire, committing to the depths and many other methods. Encasement in a box underground, after undergoing a series of chemical treatments, isn't for everyone.

Maybe there is a certain equilibrium with the universe if a person who loved the desert is resting, unadorned, in the environment he so enjoyed.......maybe Gary had left word with his surviving relatives on how his remains would be dealt with? Maybe this isn't so far off; he may have requested ashes distributed in Baja?

Certainly the remains would probably be disturbed.......but that happens in burials at sea. And fire is certainly a disturbing process to the remains. I sometimes think the whole process of cremation is for the benefit of the surviving, more than anything else. It helps alleviate thoughts of decomposition. Well, you can't always get what you want........

The question of foul play will probably never be answered, given the level of forensic science in the area. And bringing your own science with you is beyond the means of many............and may still yield the same incomplete answers.

And even if evidence of foul play were discovered, the wheels of justice in Mexico are too cumbersome and too expensive. In the absence of money to motivate justice, the only thing that might get the wheels turning is political pressure. But it only seems like political pressure is used when the victim is someone more prominent in life than Gary. You know, guys who have connections to senators or families who have donated to political campaigns in the past.

There are limits to what the uninitiated can do in Mexico. At least securing the vehicle is still within their circle of control. Getting answers on Gary's whereabouts probably isn't.

Some of you should just accept it. Possibly the family has, too. Discovering the mystery of the disappearance of Gary has a big dollar sign on it, at every turn. Some families just can't afford that.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 10:08 AM

Thanks Hook. Could not have said it better!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 10:33 AM

Absolutely the BEST recent post. Well thought out reality and devoid of all judgment.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Well, cowboys certainly can't be hired by phone. Nor, by wishing for it on the internet, over and over.

Some people need to realize that not every family reveres the corporal remains of a person as much as others. Remains are disposed of by fire, committing to the depths and many other methods. Encasement in a box underground, after undergoing a series of chemical treatments, isn't for everyone.

Maybe there is a certain equilibrium with the universe if a person who loved the desert is resting, unadorned, in the environment he so enjoyed.......maybe Gary had left word with his surviving relatives on how his remains would be dealt with? Maybe this isn't so far off; he may have requested ashes distributed in Baja?

Certainly the remains would probably be disturbed.......but that happens in burials at sea. And fire is certainly a disturbing process to the remains. I sometimes think the whole process of cremation is for the benefit of the surviving, more than anything else. It helps alleviate thoughts of decomposition. Well, you can't always get what you want........

The question of foul play will probably never be answered, given the level of forensic science in the area. And bringing your own science with you is beyond the means of many............and may still yield the same incomplete answers.

And even if evidence of foul play were discovered, the wheels of justice in Mexico are too cumbersome and too expensive. In the absence of money to motivate justice, the only thing that might get the wheels turning is political pressure. But it only seems like political pressure is used when the victim is someone more prominent in life than Gary. You know, guys who have connections to senators or families who have donated to political campaigns in the past.

There are limits to what the uninitiated can do in Mexico. At least securing the vehicle is still within their circle of control. Getting answers on Gary's whereabouts probably isn't.

Some of you should just accept it. Possibly the family has, too. Discovering the mystery of the disappearance of Gary has a big dollar sign on it, at every turn. Some families just can't afford that.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 11:07 AM

I had heard that money had been given to the Rancher to hire the cowboy searchers. That is why I ask what happened to them.
Quote:

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 02:03 PM

vehicle was there yesterday with a flat.......

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
vehicle was there yesterday with a flat.......

Woody, is that something you heard about?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 05:54 PM

drove by at 60 MPH and glanced at it. i also noticed it there June 6 only i was going the other direction......

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 06:40 PM

It probably has a flat so no one will snatch it.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

I gotta remember that thinking when I'm forced to park in a sketchy area. :light:

Just bring the compressor!!
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

I gotta remember that thinking when I'm forced to park in a sketchy area. :light:

Just bring the compressor!!

Seriously BRILLIANT!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-18-2014 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Feathers

Seriously BRILLIANT!

Not really.....putting a spare on gets the rig moving.....if they really want it.

Same can be said for any theft prevention strategy....:light:

Don't believe everything you think....
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2014 at 11:20 AM

^^^BUZZ KILL^^^

SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 08:40 PM

Dearest Nomads:
The car is been recovered tonite with very kind assistance from the Police Commandant Arturo Nunez who finally became available this week so an enormous effort was made by Gary's brother Dave and his sister Sue very last minute to get down there, and thankfully it all worked out that they could get there, do what was required, get the car running and bring it home.
We will report any other findings in a few days. For now, know that the authorities involved in this were extremely kind and considerate toward Dave, there were no issues or complications, nor problems at the border. The people truly made themselves available to help Dave and make things work for him -- as hassle-free as possible.
It is time now for us to touch and feel something of Gary's, because this may be all we have, that we may ever have, yet to us, it's huge --especially after 8 months of nothing, having his car gives us a timepiece and our family needs some time to embrace it and him.
Thank you all for your vigilance....
 Pages:  1  ..  100    102    104  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.