Pages:  1  ..  103    105    107  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Sounds pretty creative and funny!! Do they actually serve turtle soup in Mexican jails? Costa Salvaje wouldn't like that too much.

Just the eggs.

Bob Durrell
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 06:03 PM
Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
close this thread.........:!:

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Besides, this is not a FREE speech board --- it is owned and controlled by the Grand Master and therefore, he gets to decide what is allowed.

Please Grand Master --- close it down.

WHY close this thread? If a nomad doesn't want to read it, well, the solution is glaringly obvious. I don't understand. :?:
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Isn't it time to back off and just let the family decide what they need to do? It is THEIR loss and frankly, what they do now is no one's business, unless they ask.

But Diane, the do ask. In virtually every post they have made. Every post seems to end with them encouraging nomads to post thoughts and advice, no matter how silly they may be.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
But Diane, the do ask. In virtually every post they have made. Every post seems to end with them encouraging nomads to post thoughts and advice, no matter how silly they may be.

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
Thank you Dan again for relaying our family's update. You pretty much summarized the situation with the family. The relief we feel is amazing having Gary's truck returned, that's all we have and probably all we will ever have. Elliott, Gary's son, will be keeping the truck for himself, which is an emotional tribute to his Dad. We are now in stand-by mode but have not closed shop by a far stretch. Our emotions are still raw but we are learning to accept the obvious with time. Again, thanks Dan.

I don't see any request for help or input in their last post.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Feathers
Quote:
Quote:

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Besides, this is not a FREE speech board --- it is owned and controlled by the Grand Master and therefore, he gets to decide what is allowed.

WHY close this thread? If a nomad doesn't want to read it, well, the solution is glaringly obvious. I don't understand. :?:

you are right! i forgot i had free will.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 09:28 PM

Haha very funny!! A little levity never hurt anyone!! As someone else said here earlier today, "Carry on Mate!!"
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Feathers
Quote:
Quote:

you are right! i forgot i had free will.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 10:23 PM

Well, you have to admit, here on Baja Nomads we sure know how to turn something so tragic, into Baja Nomad theater and entertainment. Who can resist taking another peek when the last post to this thread is from Ensenada Dr.??? Besides, who could ever imagine what has transpired and what may??
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 11:25 PM

Yes you are right. Between my U2U comments to Ron Hoff and Lizard Lips today, they both told me not to ever U2U them again. I guess Ron told me I have too much time on my hands, (I don't go to bars and drink, I check here for entertainment) and Lizard is mad that I asked a question I guess. I didn't like the Baja Bashing that goes on on Talk Baja and mentioned it, but Ron said he didn't want to hear it and to leave US alone (whomever US is, I guess he was talking about Craig Wutsch and himself).
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 11:42 PM

Quote:
Yes you are right. Between my U2U comments to Ron Hoff and Lizard Lips today, they both told me not to ever U2U them again. I guess Ron told me I have too much time on my hands, (I don't go to bars and drink, I check here for entertainment) and Lizard is mad that I asked a question I guess. I didn't like the Baja Bashing that goes on on Talk Baja and mentioned it, but Ron said he didn't want to hear it and to leave US alone (whomever US is, I guess he was talking about Craig Wutsch and himself).

You are just a horrible person. God help anyone that knows you in real life.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 11:50 PM

I am actually a very nice person. But I don't tolerate mean people very easily and will call them on it. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Quote:

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
Thank you Dan again for relaying our family's update. You pretty much summarized the situation with the family. The relief we feel is amazing having Gary's truck returned, that's all we have and probably all we will ever have. Elliott, Gary's son, will be keeping the truck for himself, which is an emotional tribute to his Dad. We are now in stand-by mode but have not closed shop by a far stretch. Our emotions are still raw but we are learning to accept the obvious with time. Again, thanks Dan.

I don't see any request for help or input in their last post.

You're right, Ron, this one did not. It's 100 pages now but I seem to remember them being very patient with the posts and encouraging to continue. Anyway this last post shows no desire to stop the thread. I suppose if they wanted that they could ask Doug to just close the thread. Incidentally, they could ask Doug to delete posts that bothered them and I'm sure he would accommodate them.
tecatero
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 04:47 AM

Let me get this straight,,,,,,,,he goes all the way down to Catavina, barely able to pay off an impound with a lucky bargain, and doesn't even make an attempt to scout out the disappearance area, question locals, etc.....I'm just glad that the 94 4runner is safe , sound , and in the home of a loving family. May the heavens above take care of that Toyota. Oh yeah, you too Gary.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Quote:

This thread has taken some unexpected turns, but comments, such as this, are uncalled for.
Why don't we all just allow the thread to RIP without resorting to senseless nastiness. It serves no purpose.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ

And anyone who would say something like that is...

Who are you to opine?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 08:24 AM

Now that the car has returned to the family I have a few questions. What was the expiration date on the orange juice, and was there in fact underwear left in the car?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 08:36 AM

Quote:
Now that the car has returned to the family I have a few questions. What was the expiration date on the orange juice, and was there in fact underwear left in the car?

Stop it. Please. There are no answers. Let it go to "cold case."

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 08:38 AM

Isn't what this whole thread has been about DENNIS? Finally getting the car back and finding out what evidence is left?
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Stop it. Please. There are no answers. Let it go to "cold case."
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 08:46 AM

Quote:
Isn't what this whole thread has been about DENNIS? Finally getting the car back and finding out what evidence is left

Methods change. It's over. Quit grave digging and let it go.

Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 08:56 AM

Quote:

Even IF the answers to these questions were made available to you, what could you possibly DO with them?

I suspect the Patton family has abandoned this thread. Perhaps you should message them.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
You told me in a U2U months ago NOT to reveal that you gave the rancher the money from the family and so far I honored that. Now that you have told the board yourself that months back you gave the money to the rancher from the family to hire cowboys, I do think it should have been followed up by you or the family as to why the cowboys weren't hired and why the rancher has held on to the money this whole time. Sorry you don't like my comments Dan.
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Doc, you have now sent me three u2u's asking about the rancher and the pesos given to him to hire some of the locals to conduct a small search of the area. I will tell you AGAIN and let all know that if there was something to report regarding this it would have been posted. Do I know if the rancher ever started a search or hired anyone in the area? NO-I do not. Now after I have answered your u2u's each and every time PLEASE do not ask me again.

It is what it is Janene. How do I get that through your thick head? Does anyone know how I can answer her more clearly than what I have told her. Please give it a rest Doc!

[Edited on 6-28-2014 by lizard lips]

This is very interesting Janene and you deserve an answer for just for following this thread so long.

I myself feel cheated after all this time only the 4-Runner was recovered!

What happened to the Gary recovery operation with Gary's family, cowboys, and old men from "Baja Nomad" joining in the search party?

And now we hear it's too hot? Well we knew it was too hot months ago.

But now we hear there is going to be a sequel, some time in October. I don't know if I'm going to be around for this other sequel because this first part of the sequel turned out to the a dud, and part II promises to be a dud too.

At least it's obvious the family pretty much believes Gary is dead and there is no chance he is alive, and therefore, hopefully they will suspend any more money on this operation unless it's a volunteer search party, and they pay for their meals.

Keep asking questions Janene, I myself am curious at the amount the family spent on the recovery operation so far, and accounting how that money was spent. Might not be any of my business, but why have a thread like this in the first place, and then have all these secrets we're not suppose to talk about.
 Pages:  1  ..  103    105    107  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.