BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 03:56 PM
Don't mess with Texas

Ya Gotta love a State where the Governor whips out his gun while jogging and plugs a Coyote.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
The Urban Institute, a DC based think tank estimates that there are currently 75,000 Canadian illegals in the US. That obviously pales by comparison to the estimated 6.5 million Mexicans. However, think anyone is going to stop a Canadian to ask for papers?

Half of them are in Quartsite, AZ for 4 months of the year.:lol:

If you read the bill you would know that the bill does not allow stopping to ask for papers.

The problem of illegal Canadians is one that i'm sure the present administration will look into after they address Cap and Trade, fine tuning the taxes on Tanning Salons, and possibly the VAT.

Ken

Anyone else see the humor in an administration headed by a Black president, installing taxes on Tanning Salons? I mean who doesn't go into a tanning booth? But I digress...........

Geez. What does that say for Canadians?:lol::lol:

And I do take exception to your comment that the bill does not allow for stopping people to ask for papers for two reasons. First, there is an implied consent to do it. Second, it allows the citizens to sue the police department for not doing same.

As for the tanning salons, it's more like irony.

That said, it's become apparent that considering all the good folks who have posted on this thread, the outcome of the law being implemented, at least from personal perspective, will probably not be determined until it becomes law.

Ultimately, within the next decade, with baby-boomers retiring or dying, it is forecast that the US will experience a shortage of workers that will count in the tens of millions. Mexico has a much younger population and will undoubtedly become a resource for the US. It is my personal belief, and y'all are welcome to condemn it, but, in the short term, the kerfuffle that's going on right now about securing the border and ridding these United States of illegal Mexicans will in short order, be looked upon as a head-scratching phenomenon in a few years. Mexican workers will probably become a premium.

Yeah. I know about law and order, but history has a way of making sense or nonsense about what we mere mortals do.

[Edited on 4-28-2010 by Bajahowodd]
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 04:11 PM

Michelle Malkin strikes me as someone who is not an illegal alien, but rather just an alien. But, one who has mastered the finer points of debate and rhetoric. Sorry if I offend anyone, but she and her ilk such as Glen Beck and the skinny blonde who I refuse to utter her name (initials AC), are trafficking in garbage for profit.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Michelle Malkin strikes me as someone who is not an illegal alien, but rather just an alien. But, one who has mastered the finer points of debate and rhetoric. Sorry if I offend anyone, but she and her ilk such as Glen Beck and the skinny blonde who I refuse to utter her name (initials AC), are trafficking in garbage for profit.

So, tell me, how did these pretty women with opinions get into the conversation? :lol:

Barry
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 04:42 PM

Cypress: Yes she is trying to get some Coverage. But Cypress, here in Texas we are known for a lot of good qualities such as Common Sense.

Did you ever stop to think about Why have the "Teas Mesican Natives" been so successful here?? Why , after the Alamo did they do so good in building this Great State? as opposed to the Native Americans??

What do you think DIanT Why? Genes, Intellgence, Family Background.

A good many of my Mexicano Friends here are embarrassed by the actions of a few Idiots in Arizona. One of the socalled Activist here is a Friend of mine. He thinks the Criminal element should be dealt with first., then the workers given passes and after working and learning English given their Citizenship.

Texas is Proud of its Mexican heritage. Sure there is still some "Biogted Baptists" but they are beggnng to realize the value of good workers.
Most end uo making good citizens,

Guess there are too many Liberals in and around Phoenis that just don't have any Sense. Period!
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 05:03 PM

Actually, Barry, it's a shame that it happened. Blame it on TV. Beautiful people are used to sell products and ideas. Although I grew up in New York, participated in anti-Vietnam rallies, and marched in the South for civil rights, having been water-hosed by police, I get the distinct sense that you and I have a whole lotta of common beliefs.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 05:53 PM

wow you should see all the mexicans on the news who did the legal route and are peeed off about the illegals sneaking in here.
it is amazing. if you are not from here you are clueless about what's really going on.

Howodd - you are entertaining to jab with but you couldn't carry Malkin's briefcase...:lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 06:48 PM

Give the whole story... tell them about all the other demonstrators Mike Cracker... and I am from here.. even if it is embarrasing.

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
wow you should see all the mexicans on the news who did the legal route and are peeed off about the illegals sneaking in here.
it is amazing. if you are not from here you are clueless about what's really going on.

Howodd - you are entertaining to jab with but you couldn't carry Malkin's briefcase...:lol::lol:
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 06:48 PM

I have just read SB 1070 again. I do not wish to be labeled a N-zi, hate monger, bigot or racist so please tell me my where my logic is faulty. What am I missing when I read the bill?

Please tell me where in the bill:

1. it authorizes "any cop can pull me over for no reason except my race"?
  2. is the "hidden racism of this law"?
  3. it legalizes profiling, "most retarded, profiling law on the books"?
  4. you found "Human Rights Abuse"?

I think the world is run by C- students.
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 07:26 PM

Page 18.

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 07:38 PM

well done skeet, I agree
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 08:14 PM

My copy does not appear to have a "page 18"--------any suggestions?

Barry
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 08:33 PM

Give the whole story... tell them about all the other demonstrators Mike Cracker... and I am from here.. even if it is embarrasing.

why? the other demonstrators are anarchists supporting lawlessness.

and - i like triscuts and ritz.:coolup:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
My copy does not appear to have a "page 18"--------any suggestions?

Barry

:lol::lol: I think that's the point. :lol::lol:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
I have just read SB 1070 again. I do not wish to be labeled a N-zi, hate monger, bigot or racist so please tell me my where my logic is faulty. What am I missing when I read the bill?

Please tell me where in the bill:

1. it authorizes "any cop can pull me over for no reason except my race"?
  2. is the "hidden racism of this law"?
  3. it legalizes profiling, "most retarded, profiling law on the books"?
  4. you found "Human Rights Abuse"?

Please---

B. For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation.

notice the words lawful contact and reasonable suspicion---even the idiot racist governor who now says she is directed by god, could not give one example of reasonable suspicion---said that was up to other people.

Enjoyed listening to the Sheriff from Pima County tonight---not only did he agree that the law is racist, probably unConstitutional as a violation of rights, but the law gives the right to any citizen to sue the police departments if they do not think they are doing a good enough job following this law----

Again, it will be open season on committing crimes against these people as they will no longer seek the police assistance---but I doubt any of you care about that because they are illegal, so they get what they deserve.

I congratulate the officials in a number of areas of Arizona who are going to be the first to file the law suits.

Ironic that the same people who support this law are the same people who support the politicians who will stop any rational immigration reform because they are too busy protecting their corporate friends and their need for cheap labor.

Papers Please---but only for one group of people----

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 09:45 PM
An Interesting Riddle ?

It should be fairly obvious (even to Retarded Liberals) that Riddle's "Intent" is simply to stir up constituent interest since she couldn't actually introduce any proposed legislation until January.

NOVEMBER is the purpose behind HER comments AND Arizona's actions.
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

B. For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation.

notice the words lawful contact and reasonable suspicion---even the idiot racist governor who now says she is directed by god, could not give one example of reasonable suspicion---said that was up to other people.

Diane,

I originally thought the terms were vague and open to interpretation. I decided to ask some friends in both the legal and law enforcement professions. I did make a post earlier:
Quote:

"Lawful contact" - originally I believed that this meant any contact between a law enforcement officer and a private citizen. I have now found out that 'lawful contact' requires that the officer be in contact with a person when that person has violated a law or there is reasonable suspicion that a law has been violated.

"Reasonable suspicion" - is a legal standard recognized in all federal, state and local law. If an officer has reasonable suspicion (as defined by the U.S. Supreme Court), he/she may detain a person and require the person to identify themselves. Some states require printed identification. So far, the Supreme Court has not ruled on the legality of requiring a U.S. citizen to show proof of identity. The new AZ law will require such written proof.
Both of these phrases have legal meanings and have been upheld in the U.S. Supreme Court in many cases.

I can think of some instances that would probably pass the legal requirement of 'reasonable suspicion'.

When, on the approach of a law enforcement officer, a person or group of people flee for unknown reasons. Even though no laws are known to be violated, the police can and do apprehend the people. Once the people are in custody and cannot produce valid identification such as a driver's license, state I.D. card, or other form of I.D.. there is now reasonable suspicion to believe that the people are in the country illegally.

When a person is being questioned for an otherwise lawful reason (i.e. a witness) and can't say where they live and don't know their own phone number.

When a person is stopped for a traffic violation it is legally required for the driver to be in possession of a valid driver's license. If the driver does not have a license that may constitute reasonable suspicion that the driver may be illegal alien.

I think the world is run by C- students.
amirravon
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 11:46 PM

[Edited on 4-30-2010 by amirravon]

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 11:49 PM

To understand how to tell if someone is not a US Citizen please refer to my prior post. It was sent to me ON THE SLY from a Deputy at Maricopa County SO.
Please be careful since it is really for Law Enforcement Officers only!
You didn't hear it from me-
El Mexicorn

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
amirravon
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 12:38 AM

Quote:

ARIZONA STATE SENATE Forty-ninth Legislature, Second Regular Session FACT SHEET FOR S.B. 1070

Unlawful Transporting

22. Specifies that it is unlawful for a person to do or attempt to do the following if the person knows or recklessly disregards the fact that the alien has come to, has entered or remains in the U.S. in violation of law:

a) transport or move an alien in Arizona in a means of transportation;

b) conceal, harbor or shield an alien from detection in any place in Arizona, including any building or means of transportation.

Do I need to ask for a green card / passport if I give a ride to somebody ?

[Edited on 4-29-2010 by amirravon]

Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.