Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  36
Author: Subject: Baja Real Estate advise
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 12:29 PM

lookingandbuying
Thank you for your complements over U2U and believe me, there are very few, because most people think it is better to bury a problem than to make it surface, but to hide a problem, just to induce people in to a mistake, in this case clearly the American buyer, is a bigger mistake and something unethical.
Also I consider this an economic suicide, because I do not think any kind of business can survive for long, if you cheat your customer; people who have been doing this, don´t think about the future; the same a the Ensenada merchants, thought that they will have a town full of tourists, even if they stole en extort money from them, every opportunity they had; they were wrong and now they know it, Tijuana and Rosarito thought the same when they were full of people and didn’t heard the Ensenada precedent.

Sorry but it is time to respect the customer, I think that the best time is now, because the developments are empty and with no customers, now is the time to hurt as few people as possible while cleaning the house; in a couple of years, people will regain confidence and will start to buy again and that is what they want, to keep it quiet until then.

Currently I am not in Baja, I am in Mexico city, talking with the Estate department and convincing them about this issue and it looks like they are listening, but you never know, money interests are very strong in favor of just let them steal a little more and then they will become honest people; I know that statement never work, people cannot steal enough once you allow them to do it, PAN political party is the biggest example I have seen on this.

I published all this information on my newspaper from 1996 to 2005, but I made a mistake, it was in Spanish and my newspaper was directed mostly to Mexicans and the people who needed the information was the American customer, they never got the information, while al the developers got it and did the worst thing to do, tried to hide it any way possible, not any way legal.

The turtle issue, is very simple, the restaurant owner next to my hotel, went to the dark side, because it is a lot more profitable now in Mulege to sell drugs to the tourist, than to sell then hamburgers, then they started to unload big drug shipments, but made the mistake of doing it, crossing my property and that motivated me to complain to the local authorities, getting as a result, that all the local authorities, tried to shut me up, to protect their side business, they were unable to buy me in and then, I went up the authority ladder, all the way to the Mexico´s president before I got any results and finally it worked, but even the president have problems with the crooked federal police and they sent the elite marines and Mexican FBI´s intelligence teams and we got her, but not on the drug charges, they were only able to catch her, selling turtle soup, because they caught her with a multi corporation raid, and are being prosecuted.

I will do the same again every time, I will not condone the sea turtle killings or to sell them as soup by crooks, much less the selling of drugs; yes it has created a lot of problems for me, I have gained a lot of bad enemies, but that is not new for me, I have never ran from problems, in my opinion, problems are to be solved at once, not hided so they explode in other people face.

Concerning the coastal strip from Km. 32 (Calafia) to 65 (Arroyo La Mision) I will write in the forum the specific story that surfaced at the Copladen (Tijuana city hall public forum concerning public problems, always with the presence of all the city authorities) and it is one of the most safe in some areas and at the same time unsafe because most of it is not. The only safe areas are El Morro with National Land titles issued in 1951 and completely safe to buy in any way and the ´Venustiano Carranza´ because they got their title in 1992, but they lost it to an Amparo and is going to be re issued in a couple of months; there is a land development there named La Puerta del Mar, that is completely illegitimate and will have problems with the new title in a couple of months, the problems will start exploding exactly there and from there, will go north all the way to Tijuana.
The development called Medio Camino and Puerta del Mar will be the first ones to go down because of the re expedition of the Venustiano Carranza´s National Title, being issued at this very minute.
Banamex issued a fideicomiso on some of those houses and is trying to cut a deal that will allow them to pay for the land, without media noise and it is possible that it will happen, because it is only 2 Has. But Puerta del Mar is a 12 Has. Development over the Venustiano Carranza title, that will not have a deal and all the people who has bought there, will have to pay again to the real owner Rosendo Victorio Victorio or go out as in Punta Banda.

Concerning the issue that these problems would be like the Punta Banda problem, actually it is exactly the same problem, with other players, that will have the problem resolved on the same side, because Punta Banda, is now a legal Supreme Court precedent, the National Land strip that affected Punta Banda, start in Arroyo El Rosarito, just south of Hotel Rosarito and north of Rene´s and from there, all the way to Punta Banda, in other words, the developers can run but they can no longer hide.

Sorry but Las Gaviotas and Las Ventanas have the same problem and I am sorry because the owners, perfectly know and were advised in 1992 about the problem and chose at that time to not do anything; but at Las Gaviotas, you do not have a second owner, like Las Olas or Puerta del Mar, there, the owner will have to legalize with as little noise as possible only and if you think, Las Gaviotas would be one of the lesser problems, because it may not reflect on the buyer, only to the very old and reliable developer.

The problem would be with the developers that hide their hand behind several offshore corporations, like Los Gatos that are, the Torres Chavert developments or La Puerta del Mar that belong to the Lagos´s developments, that have a very long and bad reputation of buying problematic land and just dump it on the buyer.

I also wish we can meet face to face any place, so when you come near Tijuana, Mulege, Los Cabos, La Paz or Mexico city, tell me because I travel very often to those places and I have some very good tequila that you may want to test.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 12:42 PM

Woooosh and Krafty
The Thrump Towers problem, was not a Thrump problem, only the first example of the American customer running when he know about the problems over the title.

When the Thrump tower project was publicly known in Tijuana, several people knowing it is over National Land, tried to buy it from the government, with the intention to extort money from the Thrump Tower project, but they tried it too soon and Thrump ran, leaving only the Mexican partner, that tried it anyway and got discredited.

For you knowledge, Baja is now listed, as an unsafe place for External money investments all over the world.

With Mexican investors, the problem is security and every investor is trying to run from Baja, just be careful that they don´t let you hanging from the brush.

In the near future, the developments that start to fix the problem, will start to publicize the fact that they have fixed the National Lad problem and have a National Land title as title precedent, I just hope they understand it as soon as possible.
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 12:56 PM

I do believe the Trump investor was German; still does not answer why these poor folks did not get their deposits back. Trump put his name behind this and sold out in days because of his promises, and is not being held accountable for any of it-that stinks.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 01:00 PM
and bird flue too

Quote:
Originally posted by krafty
Why would these investors, such as in the Trump debacle, throw their money at something that is not even there? duh:?:

crikey!... ya, mean you don't remember all those numbers from the Fed, Banks, Industry.... et al.. on how "great" the economy was doing... hell, how long did it take them to get to the "R" word.. still won't use the "D" word... with 30 million out of work and with at least that many without Medical coverage...

Now all we need .... is an announcement from the CDC that we have caught up with China and now our Major infectious diseases include:

Major infectious diseases: degree of risk: intermediate
food or waterborne diseases: bacterial diarrhea, hepatitis A, and typhoid fever

Vectorborne diseases: Japanese encephalitis and dengue fever

Soil contact disease: hantaviral hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS)

Animal contact disease: rabies

note: highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza has been identified in this country; it poses a negligible risk with extremely rare cases possible among US citizens who have close contact with birds (2009)

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 01:41 PM

GLNaeve
The Mulege area has other kind of problems, mainly Ejido problems.
You can see in Mulege that there are several old and closed hotels while the Mr. Johnson’s Hotel Serenidad, has been battling the Ejido in court, for several years and that is because the Ejidos all over Baja are based on virtual executions that allow them to move their borders all over the place and Agrarian Courts are only a tool to steal all land possible.
Here we have another basic problem: Mexico created the ejidos in the 1935-1975 era, in another words the populism era, when PRI was only interested in staying in power by buying votes, as many votes as possible and peasants were exactly that, many and very ignorant.
But that populism has blew on Mexico´s face over and over, especially in Baja where agriculture is very difficult or impossible.
Baja Ejidatarios used to be very poor and ignorant people, but over the years, they have become a new very crooked class, educated in schools and over every kind of trick to steal; they used to do it to the official banks that every year lent them money just to condone the loan and charging that to the tax payer, but that money dried up and the official bank went bankrupt as expected, but they were experts in manipulating the government in to giving them free money without working.
Let me tell you horror story I know about the Ejido Mazatlan (They are the Mulege teachers and many belong to both ejidos): They asked for a big loan for agricultural machinery for the Rosarito area that you know is not good for agriculture, they got it and as soon as they got the machinery, they started to sell every bit as scrap metal or spare parts and then said the machinery was destroyed by the weather and they got away with it.
This was going on all over Mexico and Mazatlan Ejidtarios were masters at it, this started to blow up because it was a river of money going out of Mexico, because as you must know, most of the Ejido´s Mazatlan ejidatarios were USA citizens, with bank accounts in San Diego CA. (Gabriel Esquivel, father of Rosarito´s councilmen Enrique Esquivel fought in the Corean war as an American citizen, Enrique Esquivel is American also), one of the ejidatarios, won a national price for high production but then he asked for the loan to be void because weather damages to the crop and promptly got paid by the bank; of course this hit the National press and the guy went to jail.
This so you understand how crooked the ejidatarios have become under the excessive protection of the Mexican government and the Rosarito Beach´s Ejido Mazatlan teachings.
They have claimed every hotel that get successful in the Mulege area and they also tried with mine, but since I have a legal title, they just dropped the case, but most of the hotels in Mulege, included the Serenidad Hotel are right over Ejido Land and made contracts with Ejidos do they have no way of winning.
I know that the Ejidos are now supposed to be able to sell their land and their titles say full ownership but you have to understand that that does not mean that it is private property as those hotels have found out the bad way.
Ejido titles are ejido titles that allow you to become ejido member with all the ejido member obligations by law and some of them are being Mexican by birth, live in the Ejido town and work the land; if you do not obey by those rules, they may just get together and expurgate you and that mean you lost your ejido rights and land with no money returned.
When you pay to the ejido, they give you just money receipts that say that you are a good citizen and want to give away money to the poor peasant or anything they like, because the law think they are almost children and condone everything they say because they are ignorant people but the reality is that they are very good crooks that know the system.
Agrarian courts are a joke; they are among the most crooked of the Mexican institutions and do everything to separate you from your money.
In that aspect, yes, we need to close down Agrarian courts and finish with a law parts, named ¨suplir la deficiencia de la queja´ because that mean, that in any court not only agrarian court, the judge become their attorney, and obligate the judge to offer any legal proof that the ejido need to prove their case while if you lose anything you are gone and if the judge does not do exactly that or miss anything the trial start over until all possible proof is offered in their benefit but not in yours. This has made the Ejidatarios a protected class that is allowed to steal as much as they want with no penalities.
My counsel, never buy anything from the ejidos even if it is through a supposedly reputable developer.
Going back to Rosarito area as an example, Las Olas I and II are built over a Ejido Mazatlan parcel and also over Playa Encantada National title and the National title is winning and Olas altas will have very big problems in the near future.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 01:51 PM

krafty
Trump had many foreign investors behind him and all of them ran after they knew about the land problems and got a few proposals to extort money from them, leaving behind only the Mexican front, without any money.

Of course, that is the problem with developing land, having several offshore companies as front; they effectively protect themselves but not the buyer and that is the issue.

Also they were oofering title insurance as an actual reality, but I have never seen any f the title insurance companies pay the buyer back.
More effective would be to stablish a bank trust holding the money until the developer prove and deliver everything promised, just like when you buy something in the USA.
The legal and bank tools are there, but nobody use them and the government do not require them and that si the problem.

The customer too confident, the authorities too crooked and the developers too ambitious.
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 04:17 PM

Customer was confident because Trump was behind it and everything he touches supposedly turns to gold. Would you vote for that man? no way
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 04:24 PM

Never understood it. Trump's father was the mogul who developed the wealth. Donald inherited it and has managed to go bankrupt a number of times. Unlike his dad.

Donald is akin to a carny with money.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

Carny's have better hairdoo's...

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Quote:

Like your avatar?
:lol:

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 10:44 AM

The buyers at Trump should shoulder SOME of the responsibility. Didn't any of them look at what they were buying? One look at the sewage treatment ponds lined up on the hills behind it would have been a clear indicator the site was less than the "pristine" location they advertised. Who wants a view of sewage treatment ponds? (Maybe they weren't planning on putting windows on that side?)

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Quote:

Like your avatar?
:lol:

The Donald and I share the same barber...

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 05:44 PM

woooosh
Do not mind about the view, do you know that you can not touch the water arround that area, from San Antonio del Mar South to almos Playas de Tijuana, because Tijuana sewer are being dumped almost crude at the sea just north of San Antonio del Mar, almost crude because they seldom put to work the aereators and since now,Tijuana has a big industry, with a lot of Maquladoras, everytning is being dumped on the sewer and come to the sea exactly there, it has been done for 20 years, I wont touch the water there, even in a full high risk Chemical suit.
In San diego if you dump a couple of sewer water gallons on the sea, they close the beach, 1000s of gallons an hour are being dumped in Rosarito and San Antonio del Mar and nobody say anything.
Once when Hugo Torres Chavert acting as Rosarito Major, said publicly that the Rosarito sea water was clean, I published in my newspaper the sewer coming in to the sea, that same day, right Rosarito downtown and a his photo with a very long nose, that was about 1998 and nothing has changed since then.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 05:53 PM
the donald

Quote:
Donald inherited it and has managed to go bankrupt a number of times.

yes, but he always recovers. and he does have a flair for self-promotion, got to give him credit for that!

many RE developers are the same: boom and bust. it's the american dream mated with groundhog day.

funny that if you do that boom/bust cycle with your personal mortgage and mom/pop RE investments, you ruin your credit rating, can't get a loan for next "opportunity." but if you form an LLC or LLP and your RE development fails, banks will eagerly line up to finance your next venture. Ha!
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 05:54 PM

So, in your opinion, should all fideicomiso holders of condos in Las Olas I, Las Olas Grand and Mar Y Sol be shaking in their boots?
lookingandbuying
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 06:22 PM
The Trump's of the world

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Donald inherited it and has managed to go bankrupt a number of times.

yes, but he always recovers. and he does have a flair for self-promotion, got to give him credit for that!

many RE developers are the same: boom and bust. it's the american dream mated with groundhog day.

funny that if you do that boom/bust cycle with your personal mortgage and mom/pop RE investments, you ruin your credit rating, can't get a loan for next "opportunity." but if you form an LLC or LLP and your RE development fails, banks will eagerly line up to finance your next venture. Ha!

Once the bank loans you a lot of money YOU OWN THEM. First, the bank does not want to take the building back as they may have to make a charge against their income which screws up their year-end bonus.

Second, and probably more important is that bank's do not know how to develop properties. It is better to keep the guy around that does even if you have to put him on financial life support. Finishing a half built place is better done by the developer than the bank. Also, at times it is better to have the developer run a completed building as they are better at running the place than the bank would be.

Lastly, large developers generally have most of their properties cross-collateralized with the bank. At times this could mean the bank would have to take back properties that they do not want to. This is especially the case if a property has environmental toxic clean-up issues.

You want a bank to cooperate with you? Get them to loan you a ton of money.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ramuma53
woooosh
Do not mind about the view, do you know that you can not touch the water arround that area, from San Antonio del Mar South to almos Playas de Tijuana, because Tijuana sewer are being dumped almost crude at the sea just north of San Antonio del Mar, almost crude because they seldom put to work the aereators and since now,Tijuana has a big industry, with a lot of Maquladoras, everytning is being dumped on the sewer and come to the sea exactly there, it has been done for 20 years, I wont touch the water there, even in a full high risk Chemical suit.
In San diego if you dump a couple of sewer water gallons on the sea, they close the beach, 1000s of gallons an hour are being dumped in Rosarito and San Antonio del Mar and nobody say anything.
Once when Hugo Torres Chavert acting as Rosarito Major, said publicly that the Rosarito sea water was clean, I published in my newspaper the sewer coming in to the sea, that same day, right Rosarito downtown and a his photo with a very long nose, that was about 1998 and nothing has changed since then.

I think most people knows the water in those holding ponds behind the Trump Baja site is eventually piped down into the ocean. I think people just stopped beating that dead horse. In San Diego the Point Loma treatment plant pipes it out 3 miles or so. Even so there are plenty of sewage spills in San Diego caused by broken pipes and overflows. Sadly neither side can brag about their water quality but both economies depend highly on it.

MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 11:04 AM

ramuma53
How good is the title that is held when a fideicomiso is involved in a La Paz property?
lookingandbuying
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
People, people, people!!! what are you doing?? you are taking advice from a man who makes a living breaking every law he is talking about here. Forget the shady unrealistic advice. In Baja, there is only one way to protect yourself against a man like ramuma, and here it is:

BUY PROPERTY IN WELL ESTABLISED AREAS, WHERE LOTS OF MEXICANS LIVE (ITS YOUR CHOICE IF ITS IN AREAS OF POOR MEXICANS, OR RICH MEXICANS), AND WHERE THERE HASNT BEEN ANY LAND PROBLEMS AT ALL.

Predators like ramuma would never try to implemente one of his scams in an area where Mexicans have lived for decades, because they would raise hell if someone tried it. The richer the Mexicans in the area, the less likely a scam artists will try to steal your land.

Buying property in the middle of nowhere, is far riskier than buying where people live and have been living for decades. Scam artists, pray on properties where very few people live, specially if the owners of the property is an ejido where land problems are common. An exemption is buying property from wealthy well known Mexicans with political power, because land thieves know they can't mess with them.

Thats it, thats all the advice you truly, really, need to know.

Jesse,

I have spent a lot of time looking at real estate in mostly in the Rosarito corridor and researching issues mostly in this area.

The advice you get from EVERYONE even the so called professionals is ALL over the map and sorting through the various issues is almost impossible, if not ENTIRELY impossible. The lack of good information is a big problem. I have also spent hours looking at comments left on this board regarding real estate and prior to seeing the information left by Rumana53 it too is also all over the map. Lastly, I've looked at any available information available on the Internet.

So maybe I would not dispute your part where you say:

" BUY PROPERTY IN WELL ESTABLISHED AREAS, WHERE LOTS OF MEXICANS LIVE (ITS YOUR CHOICE IF ITS IN AREAS OF POOR MEXICANS, OR RICH MEXICANS), AND WHERE THERE HAS NOT BEEN ANY LAND PROBLEMS AT ALL."

What I would like to know from you is exactly where are the "ESTABLISHED AREAS" you are talking about in the Rosarito corridor? I would also like to know exactly where the areas are that you say don't have any problems even if they are not located in the Rosarito corridor?

People have been having problems with places they buy almost everywhere I have heard of in the entire country.

Then, Rumana53 comes on this board and speaks to the property issues from Tijuana all the way to Ensenada and says "if you are going to buy a property in this area the FIRST thing you should do is go check the land file and ensure the first paper in the file is a transfer out of the National Lands." He has said no more, no less. He has provided the history for the area and also cited the court rulings to support this fact he claims about the National Land title problems that people will have if they buy a property that does not have the proper title transfer. This really seems like GREAT advice!! It is also a very simple thing to do in order to protect yourself when buying.

Why is it that there is such a problem with Rumana53's advice? I did read the entire Turtle thread in my efforts to discover why there is such hatred by some on this board against this guy. Unfortunately, I was unable to read any of your comments because you deleted all of them.

If the fact is that Rumana53 has used his better information to obtain lands from idiots that did not properly research the laws and he ended up having a superior lien on the land because of their foolishness when they were grabbing the land and letting their money fly on deals that were to good to be true in the first place then so be it. What about Punta Banda? Had these people checked they could have discovered and avoided the problems they had in losing their expensive homes.

So, what I would really like to know is what specific laws has Rumana 53 broken. He has not proposed here that anyone break any laws. He has merely advised people how to protect themselves when trying to buy a home. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?

Property and land title issues are a problem all over Baja, more so in Baja Norte. While I think your suggestion to buy in a well established area that has not experienced problems (whether rich or poor) is a good one it does not solve the problem of all the land title problems in the area. And, until it does people are going to be reluctant to invest their hard earned money in the area.

I do know that Rumana53 had a problem with his neighbor the hamburger/Turtle stew lady and some on this board disagree with the method he used to get rid of her (is she still around?). The National Land title issue is an important and relevant one to anyone looking to buy a home in Baja, period. What really surprises me is that many people do not take this issue seriously and this is a big mistake. I really could not believe how people missed this entire issue in the Turtle thread and were more interested in bickering.

Sometimes you can disregard the messenger, but not the message. People deal in business all the time and the one with superior information wins, everytime.

Lastly, in many of Rumana53's posts he states his intention is to help the buyer which in the long term will help the local economy...you would think this is a good thing?

So, if you have a moment please share what exact laws Rumana53 has broken and if you have information that disputes his information about the National Land title defect issue please share it here.

Thank-you
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

Ramuma

jesse:
people that ignore opinions about ramsanus53 and listen to his advice deserve what they get.
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  36

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.