BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  27
Author: Subject: DENNIS is in the hospital.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2012 at 10:27 PM

Hugs to you, Sallysouth, and a gentle smile in understanding of your innate goodness that even in your own darkest hour you find the capacity for giving comfort to another in need. I'm deeply touched by the generosity of your heart.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Turns out it was a positive ID for Tila Ortiz, Woooosh's nemesis on OT..she was cuddling up to him (in his words lying all over him) and inviting him to go to her house for "Rehab" at Canyon Lake...until Dennis reported her to the Doctor.

Tila Ortiz did visit Dennis on a brief visit back to the states on behalf of JoeJustJoe( me) and McFez. She wanted to make sure Dennis was well treated in the hospital by the doctors, nurses, and anyone else. She also wanted to leave Dennis with a few books to read during his recovery.

Tila has a big heart and it went out to Dennis during her visit, and she stayed longer than she had first originally wanted too, but felt Dennis wanted the company and needed a little help and attention. I think she said she was Dennis' personal assistant, but later told the nurses she was just Dennis' s new friend.

Tila did say that Dennis' mind is very alert, and the nurses say he is very good patient. I'll leave the details about his medical condition to others, because it's really a personal privacy matter. Tila did say Dennis was in a lot of pain at times, but didn't want to bother the nurses, and felt he was fiercely independent.

That's all I will say on the matter in the regular forum, but I might have a few other comments on the matter in the "OT" later.

Again Tila Ortiz has a very big heart, she reads "Baja Nomad' everyday, and probably from the recent posts in the OT thought Dennis, McFez, and JoeJustJoe were all good friends, and Tila wanted to help out.

Later I got word out to Tila that Dennis and JoeJustJoe are anything but good friends, but like when Reagan was shot. Reagan told the surgeons, " I hope you're all Republicans?" And the operating surgeon turned and told Reagan, "Today Mr President, we're all Republicans." I feel the same way, and only wish Dennis the best, until he starts posting his garbage again. I'm really happy Tila took the time out and visited Dennis on behalf of JoeJustJoe and McFez.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
Quote:
Turns out it was a positive ID for Tila Ortiz, Woooosh's nemesis on OT..she was cuddling up to him (in his words lying all over him) and inviting him to go to her house for "Rehab" at Canyon Lake...until Dennis reported her to the Doctor.

Tila Ortiz did visit Dennis on a brief visit back to the states on behalf of JoeJustJoe( me) and McFez. She wanted to make sure Dennis was well treated in the hospital by the doctors, nurses, and anyone else. She also wanted to leave Dennis with a few books to read during his recovery.

Tila has a big heart and it went out to Dennis during her visit, and she stayed longer than she had first originally wanted too, but felt Dennis wanted the company and needed a little help and attention. I think she said she was Dennis' personal assistant, but later told the nurses she was just Dennis' s new friend.

Tila did say that Dennis' mind is very alert, and the nurses say he is very good patient. I'll leave the details about his medical condition to others, because it's really a personal privacy matter. Tila did say Dennis was in a lot of pain at times, but didn't want to bother the nurses, and felt he was fiercely independent.

That's all I will say on the matter in the regular forum, but I might have a few other comments on the matter in the "OT" later.

Again Tila Ortiz has a very big heart, she reads "Baja Nomad' everyday, and probably from the recent posts in the OT thought Dennis, McFez, and JoeJustJoe were all good friends, and Tila wanted to help out.

Later I got word out to Tila that Dennis and JoeJustJoe are anything but good friends, but like when Reagan was shot. Reagan told the surgeons, " I hope you're all Republicans?" And the operating surgeon turned and told Reagan, "Today Mr President, we're all Republicans." I feel the same way, and only wish Dennis the best, until he starts posting his garbage again. I'm really happy Tila took the time out and visited Dennis on behalf of JoeJustJoe and McFez.

the problem with second-hand information is that it is hearsay, eh? we may have to wait for dennis and tila to post their first-hand versions.

p.s. get well soon dennis!
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 06:33 AM

I have some cup holders that i can attach to the walkers. I'll make sure they are on the right side, Terry.

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Good on ya, Udo!!!!!....hey, do either one a them walkers have a holder for a Pacifico????

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
HEY, DENNIS!

I just picked up two walkers. Each has two different wheels on them (a 2" and a 4") because it is hard to tell which DENNIS will like. Plus each has a different fold-up mechanism.

I don't think you will be out before the July 15 Baja CC Fiesta, so I'll bring them to the Fiesta. If you are out of the hospital before then, I'll make a trip down your way and drop them at your house.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 07:41 AM

Dennis is helping people from his hospital bed. Here is yesterday's warm story.

Yesterday, approx 400 meters west of Dennis' house, I spotted friends' car on side of road(carr' La Bufadora) with 3 people hovering at rear wheel.

Stopped to inspect and saw my friend struggling to get spare wheel/tire on to replace flat. Simple task, right? Well, I got in and we both saw that the lug bolts would not catch their threads due to different design of spare wheel.

I had just met Dennis' worker Vicente(an excellent mechanic) Tuesday at Cardiomed hospital in Ensenada. So, I rolled down the hill to see if Vicente was around. He enthusiastically greeted me and we jumped into his SUV including all of his tools and returned to the "how many gringos does it take to change a flat tire?" scene.

After 10 minutes of struggling, Vicente confirmed that the new wheel's design would not allow the bolts to catch. As the original wheel and tire were worthless, he suggested that we put the trashed wheel/tire back on and limp down the hill to Dennis' house to get the car off the street.

Friend took care of Vicente for his time and car rested there under watch of Dennis' dog Lulu last night.

We were not successful finding a 17" wheel in Ensenada last night at 7PM, but, we'll leave that drama to my friends to engage this morning.

Thanks for the assistance Vicente, the "Green Angel" of carretera La Bufadora! Cheers Dennis and hope his visitors today let him know this story.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 07:44 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:so what was the final tally? how many gringos and HOW LONG?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 07:50 AM
Vicente..

Doc,
I must comment. Vicente is true blue, loyal, and honest to Dennis, I must say to a fault. I am trying to get the house ready for Dennis' return and Vicente refused to do anything to help me saying he wanted to wait till Dennis comes home. I am sorry, but this does not sit well with me at all. I am a nervous wreck here wondering how I am going to get a 200 lb semi-paralyzed man in and out of a regular bed, thus, we need the hospital bed. But Vicente doesn't want to help me move the old bed out. I don't think he is a bad guy. I think he wants the old Dennis back, and so do his friends. But we have to put aside the sentiment and deal with the here and now. And that is, at this point Dennis and Vicente can't be continuing to build the guesthouse together at this point in time, and Dennis can't get out of his bed by himself. This type of personal resistance and volleying for control makes my job extremely difficult. Let Vicente stick to his job as an excellent mechanic and handyman, and let me do what I know best, over 20 years working with stroke and disabled patients.
Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
Dennis is helping people from his hospital bed. Here is yesterday's warm story.

Yesterday, approx 400 meters west of Dennis' house, I spotted friends' car on side of road(carr' La Bufadora) with 3 people hovering at rear wheel.

Stopped to inspect and saw my friend struggling to get spare wheel/tire on to replace flat. Simple task, right? Well, I got in and we both saw that the lug bolts would not catch their threads due to different design of spare wheel.

I had just met Dennis' worker Vicente(an excellent mechanic) Tuesday at Cardiomed hospital in Ensenada. So, I rolled down the hill to see if Vicente was around. He enthusiastically greeted me and we jumped into his SUV including all of his tools and returned to the "how many gringos does it take to change a flat tire?" scene.

After 10 minutes of struggling, Vicente confirmed that the new wheel's design would not allow the bolts to catch. As the original wheel and tire were worthless, he suggested that we put the trashed wheel/tire back on and limp down the hill to Dennis' house to get the car off the street.

Friend took care of Vicente for his time and car rested there under watch of Dennis' dog Lulu last night.

We were not successful finding a 17" wheel in Ensenada last night at 7PM, but, we'll leave that drama to my friends to engage this morning.

Thanks for the assistance Vicente, the "Green Angel" of carretera La Bufadora! Cheers Dennis and hope his visitors today let him know this story.

[Edited on 6-22-2012 by EnsenadaDr]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 08:09 AM

i see it as Vicente wants to do what his patron wants him to do and not get in trouble for doing otherwise.

it's not that he doesn't want to help.

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 08:12 AM

I hear you, Doctora.

You're a seasoned professional and a darned good friend to step up proactively to help out. I know your time is limited by your own professional and personal responsibilities and by your training time schedule and future plans which will be taking you elsewhere.

Might Dennis give instructions for assistance in his home or would the doctor in attendance issue a directive in writing to get this moving?

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 08:32 AM
Assistance in the home..

The VA or Kaiser will not pay for help in the home in Mexico. Dennis has sufficient funds to cover 24 hour help in Mexico. They won't even deliver a hospital bed to Mexico. It's not the money that worries me. It's training the workers to do the job right. Case in point: Dennis' bill for one day at Cardiomed was $1300 American. When I got there at 6:30 a.m. to meet the ambulance people that were going to take him to the US, Dennis was in terrible pain. He has bad arthritis, and being a stroke patient he cannot move from side to side to relieve the pressure. I asked the night nurse was she turning him every 2 hours as is the stroke protocol. Vicente had spent the whole night there and never thought about turning him. I told the nurse that she could have asked Vicente to help because her excuse was that she didn't have help. I am going to talk to Dr. Sussarrey who owns Cardiomed. $1300 American dollars for one day in Mexico with no emergency services is quite a bit of money for lousy nursing care. The bottom line is we will try all we can to keep Dennis in his home. But if it isn't possible, he has long term VA coverage to stay in a long term facility in the States.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
I hear you, Doctora.

You're a seasoned professional and a darned good friend to step up proactively to help out. I know your time is limited by your own professional and personal responsibilities and by your training time schedule and future plans which will be taking you elsewhere.

Might Dennis give instructions for assistance in his home or would the doctor in attendance issue a directive in writing to get this moving?
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 08:35 AM

A hospital bed is a super idea. Does it have to come down through Aduana? It is within the realm of reality to get a motorized wheelchair for Dennis? Or start the process for something like a "Hoveround"? Dammit, I wish I was somewhere around there to volunteer to help. It sounds like you need troops Ensenada Dr., not Generals. Anybody have a used intercom laying around? Shouting sucks when you are bedridden. I lay in bed last night and had a hard time getting to sleep. I know what Dennis is going through, and I think I know some of the thoughts running through his head at the moment. Can someone tell Dennis that some of the folks, Nomads are pretty physically screwed up, and can at least appreciate what he is going through and what he is facing?

Even though I have actually met few Nomads in person, I believe I can safely say things are going to work themselves out, Ensenada Dr. I am a hard-case SOB and I recovered by myself, and the hired help on a starvation budget. Don't overlook his mind, it is too damned easy to become cynical as hell when faced with a really high hurdle. I don't know about Dennis, but I did not, and I do not want sympathy. it sucks. I needed suggestions, and helpers. I had to make a piece of plywood and have galvanized nails pounded in it to slam down a chunk of meat so I could cut it using one hand. I wanted every damned way in the book to be able to get out of bed and not just lay there. He may or may not want a memory foam topper for his bed. Hospital bed mattresses are normally awful. If he is a reader he may or may not appreciate a bunch of books on tape of his choosing. He may or may not want to have a keyoard-less voice actuated program to type and participate in forums.

When he feels up to it, he needs a source of ideas and suggestions. Something he can access when he wants to.

OK my two cents worth is up. A bunch of words, some help that was, huh?...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 08:39 AM
Hospital Bed

Kaiser/VA will not deliver or even finance a hospital bed going to Mexico. Their rental agreements don't allow for it. I have found a hospital bed through Dianamed, the local Medical supply facility in Ensenada...which is $700 American. So when the times comes, I will get it set up in the house.
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
A hospital bed is a super idea. Does it have to come down through Aduana? It is within the realm of reality to get a motorized wheelchair for Dennis? Or start the process for something like a "Hoveround"? Dammit, I wish I was somewhere around there to volunteer to help. It sounds like you need troops Ensenada Dr., not Generals. Anybody have a used intercom laying around? Shouting sucks when you are bedridden. I lay in bed last night and had a hard time getting to sleep. I know what Dennis is going through, and I think I know some of the thoughts running through his head at the moment. Can someone tell Dennis that some of the folks, Nomads are pretty physically screwed up, and can at least appreciate what he is going through and what he is facing?

Even though I have actually met few Nomads in person, I believe I can safely say things are going to work themselves out, Ensenada Dr. I am a hard-case SOB and I recovered by myself, and the hired help on a starvation budget. Don't overlook his mind, it is too damned easy to become cynical as hell when faced with a really high hurdle. I don't know about Dennis, but I did not, and I do not want sympathy. it sucks. I needed suggestions, and helpers. I had to make a piece of plywood and have galvanized nails pounded in it to slam down a chunk of meat so I could cut it using one hand. I wanted every damned way in the book to be able to get out of bed and not just lay there. He may or may not want a memory foam topper for his bed. Hospital bed mattresses are normally awful. If he is a reader he may or may not appreciate a bunch of books on tape of his choosing. He may or may not want to have a keyoard-less voice actuated program to type and participate in forums.

When he feels up to it, he needs a source of ideas and suggestions. Something he can access when he wants to.

OK my two cents worth is up. A bunch of words, some help that was, huh?...
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 08:41 AM

Pam, just came and took pictures of Lulu to send over with friends that are going to visit him. I talked to him yesterday, and he has no speech problems what ever.

Vincente will not do work on Dennis' place without Dennis. He said Dennis has a certain way he wants things done and Vincente will do them no other way or hes worried Dennis will be upset and he probably would. So he is not working against anyone he is loyal to Dennis. Bless his heart he is a good man.
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 08:55 AM

Dr J,
Did not intend to distract your efforts during my 20 minute Vicente tire change drama.

Your expertise and assistance have been magical in getting care for Dennis, our favorite curmudgeon.

Any ideas on how I might help welcomed with enthusiasm.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 08:59 AM
I just l these Monday morning quarterbacks.

Yes he still slurrs his words. But he needs a hospital bed, and Pam agreed on that fact. Dennis told me that he didn't need a bed, that he could coast around on his computer chair. He is in denial, which is normal. My job is to give him as much independence as necessary without jeopardizing his safety. The difference between Vicente and I is that I do what is right for the patient. Correct me if I am wrong, but Vicente could not pick Dennis up off the floor and had to call the paramedics. A good man just doesn't cut it right now, competence does. I am resentful of the fact that people are giving me so much resistance and attitudes.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindalou
Pam, just came and took pictures of Lulu to send over with friends that are going to visit him. I talked to him yesterday, and he has no speech problems what ever.

Vincente will not do work on Dennis' place without Dennis. He said Dennis has a certain way he wants things done and Vincente will do them no other way or hes worried Dennis will be upset and he probably would. So he is not working against anyone he is loyal to Dennis. Bless his heart he is a good man.
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Yes he still slurrs his words. But he needs a hospital bed, and Pam agreed on that fact. Dennis told me that he didn't need a bed, that he could coast around on his computer chair. He is in denial, which is normal. My job is to give him as much independence as necessary without jeopardizing his safety. The difference between Vicente and I is that I do what is right for the patient. Correct me if I am wrong, but Vicente could not pick Dennis up off the floor and had to call the paramedics. A good man just doesn't cut it right now, competence does. I am resentful of the fact that people are giving me so much resistance and attitudes.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindalou Janene, sorry if you fell offened

Janene, sorry if you feel offended but a good man does cut it and always will. He finished his job yesterday and I doubt he will be back. If Dennis wants him back to do something for him he will contact Pam. He is in no way trying to upsurp(?) you.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 09:13 AM

Two ears and a tail for all your hard work EnsenadaDr !

Dennis is truly fortunate to have someone helping that knows what they are doing.

Denial, can also be seen as a way of fighting back. Not giving in. This is a hard thing to explain and a harder thing for someone else to understand. I am truly impressed that you understand the challenges.

I'll never forget at age 10 what my uncle told me in Montana after my first attempt at stacking hay collapsed.

"Sonny, you have to be smarter than the problem".

I clutched at that wisdom. I remembered it as I fought the latest challenge and maybe it can help others. I don't moan at what I cannot do. I revel in what I can do, and push myself as hard as I can. From reading Dennis' on this forum I think he has the toughness in him to believe in himself.

God Speed

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 09:17 AM
Attitudes

As a outside observer I think someone that is close to this situation should talk to Dennis as to who and what has access to his Property . There is a on site property manager where his house is. To me it looks like it would be in Dennis best intrest if the property was secured to prevent good intentioned people from entering the property. and making changes he is not aware of or doesnt want.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 09:19 AM

Oh really since Pam told me she wasn't going back on the property until Dennis came home.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindalou
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindalou Janene, sorry if you fell offened

Janene, sorry if you feel offended but a good man does cut it and always will. He finished his job yesterday and I doubt he will be back. If Dennis wants him back to do something for him he will contact Pam. He is in no way trying to upsurp(?) you.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 09:22 AM

here we go! where's the popcorn?

Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  27

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.