Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  25
Author: Subject: Megadrought Predictions
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 02:27 PM

When man thinks he is greater or more pwerful than God, that's really scary and ignorant.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 02:44 PM

When man continues to display active ignorance and expects God to cover for his indiscretions and ignorant behaviours, that not only scary, it's stupid.....

Of course, the USGS must have hatched this 108 year old data just to satisfy Gods ability to hurry up and fix the problems that humans have created.....

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 03:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by bezzell  
Where else have you seen such a colossal display of utter ignorance ... ??:no:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/06/jim-inhofe-genesis_...
It's pretty sad when the chairman of the Environment and Public Works Committee, sites scripture as the reason to disregard science.

Which could be viewed as a significant "flaw" in our current system of government ... which would allow an individual lacking in all area's of necessary knowledge in the "field" of environmental science and/or planning, for the future ... being placed into this position, at THIS time ... :biggrin::biggrin:

Kinda like the guy that was in charge of the Department of Interior ... who allowed for the "drilling" on leases in the Gulf of Mexico .... without proper "controls" in place to preclude a "release" from those same "drilling" operations ... i.e. BP

Must say, it does pose a glimmer of hope for Pete ... in a government job :lol::lol:

[Edited on 3-6-2015 by wessongroup]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 03:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
When man continues to display active ignorance and expects God to cover for his indiscretions and ignorant behaviours, that not only scary, it's stupid.....

Of course, the USGS must have hatched this 108 year old data just to satisfy Gods ability to hurry up and fix the problems that humans have created.....

I can't figure out how to evaluate the contents of this map--------need to show "Table 1" which explains the Index numbers.

Barry
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 04:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
When man thinks he is greater or more pwerful than God, that's really scary and ignorant.

You have said a lot of things I thought were really ignorant, arrogant, narcissistic, fabricated, mis-informed, and delusional in your FORTY-THREE THOUSAND posts and countless selfies on this forum. This one takes the cake! HOWEVER, it isn't a show stopper. If your really want to prove that the most intelligent and educated people on the planet are wrong and you are right you need to recite the official nine word mantra. God said it, I believe it, that settles it.

That's the one that really refutes the last few thousand years of science.

If that sounds harsh, it is just my reaction to seeing you call me ignorant.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by bezzell  
Where else have you seen such a colossal display of utter ignorance ... ??:no:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/06/jim-inhofe-genesis_...
It's pretty sad when the chairman of the Environment and Public Works Committee, sites scripture as the reason to disregard science.

The guy is 80 years old. I bet nobody takes him seriously. I've read that seniority plays a big part in Senate committee appointments. It's believable.

He'll be pushing up daisies, like us all, sooner than later.

[Edited on 3-6-2015 by SFandH]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 06:18 PM

If you don't like what I say, I won't cry if you don't read me Perry. There is no need to call names or be sour. I know you are an atheist, but my comment wasn't targeting you at all. To me 'God' is 'everything' and not necessarily some all powerful deity. The earth (Nature), the heavens (or space), the air we breathe, when I say what I did, it is based on scientific fact. Man is not more powerful than EVERYTHING (the stuff that actually changes climate and controls the weather). <(that is a period)

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 06:52 PM

Thanks for your opinion David K.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 07:33 PM

David, I seldom open your posts, but you keep intruding yourself into otherwise reasoned discussions with your unmitigated woo woo. The activities of man, and I consider myself part of that description, have clearly overcome the powers of nature (your God) and caused changes in the earth's climate. Whether or not that is true isn't even an argument any more. To acknowledge the overwhelming scientific consensus that humans are changing the climate is the antithesis of ignorance. Whether or not I believe that cows are holy, or that Pat Robertson is the sharpest knife in the drawer has no bearing on the facts. Your choice to call the natural world God is confusing at best, your choice to deny the reality of human caused climate change is...well...sorry to say...ignorant. You aren't unintelligent, you COULD fix that.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 07:33 PM

When it comes to pretty much anything in life, we trust the experts.

Have a car with a blown engine? Trust a mechanic.

Have a toothache? Trust a dentist.

Have a missing arm after a horrible car accident? Trust a doctor.

Need to fly your probe to a dwarf planet? Trust Nasa.

Need to study the climate and make conclusions? Trust the scientists who are experts in this field.

All of us are experts in one thing or the other right?

How does it feel when you hear someone with no experience or expertise comment on something in your line of work? Generally, you may want to laugh in their face. Hopefully, you're willing to point out where they're wrong and educate them.

Can you imagine a group of climate scientists observing this thread?

SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 08:17 PM

Good post Ateo. IMHO the folks doubting anthropomorphic climate change are driven by politics, not by rational thinking. The greenhouse effect is a simple, well understood phenomenon. Look at Venus, hotter than Mercury even though Mercury is closer to the Sun. Greenhouse gases are the cause.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 08:21 PM

Which scientists? The ones who rely on government (taxpayers) to get paid (and will naturally say anything to keep the funding coming) or the true-independent climatologists, who don't need to screw up reports and turn graphs around to "make their fact look true".

Real science is the CONTINUED evaluation of data and they know the results are dynamic with new data. No real scientist can say the opinions of a few big government types are set in stone. How many devastating winters does the East Coast need to stop believing in Global Warming... enough to admit it wasn't warming any more than it is cooling in winter? A big whoop was made when they said we had the hottest year on record (it was a HALF degree above a previous RECORDED high)... but how long have they had accurate temperature recordings, 100 years? How long has man walked the planet, and made fires, a million???

In the 1970's "scientists" said we were entering a new ICE AGE and tried to think of ways to WARM the planet. The Soviet Union was proposing placing a magnifying glass in orbit over Siberia!

Sea levels rising was predicted by these "scientists"... WHEN? All at once? Because the level of the sea is still the same.

THE TRUTH? Well maybe we should live clean and not eat meat, and drive a Prius... but sacrifice all you want and hand over more money to the government... the climate will still do whatever it was going to do anyway... and the millions of people in India, China, and most everywhere else are not going to do ANYTHING different.

I just want my fellow Nomad amigos to THINK for themselves, use your own observations, and not blindly be led about by some big government talker who flies all around in his/her own jet and maintains mansions with heated pools while insisting YOU are responsible for global warming and you must sacrifice and you must pay more for energy.

Please stay free and independent, don't become mind-numbed robots spreading this junk science all based on theory and conjecture.

Have a great weekend!:light:

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 09:34 PM
for what its worth

The local news here (Monterey ca.) said today that NOAA has declared a EL nino is here... but tooo Late,,tooo weird !! and no help for the DROUGHT !! that's a quote...LOL !! wasn't NOAA a guy on a boat with two of a bunch of animal's ?? BTW the ocean surface temp. is 57/59F wich is way high !! salmon will be down in the mud (300FT) and then heading north FAST !!

[Edited on 3-7-2015 by captkw]
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 10:11 PM

Which scientists? The ones who rely on government (taxpayers) to get paid (and will naturally say anything to keep the funding coming) or the true-independent climatologists, who don't need to screw up reports and turn graphs around to "make their fact look true".

Real science is the CONTINUED evaluation of data and they know the results are dynamic with new data. No real scientist can say the opinions of a few big government types are set in stone. How many devastating winters does the East Coast need to stop believing in Global Warming... enough to admit it wasn't warming any more than it is cooling in winter? A big whoop was made when they said we had the hottest year on record (it was a HALF degree above a previous RECORDED high)... but how long have they had accurate temperature recordings, 100 years? How long has man walked the planet, and made fires, a million???

In the 1970's "scientists" said we were entering a new ICE AGE and tried to think of ways to WARM the planet. The Soviet Union was proposing placing a magnifying glass in orbit over Siberia!

Sea levels rising was predicted by these "scientists"... WHEN? All at once? Because the level of the sea is still the same.

THE TRUTH? Well maybe we should live clean and not eat meat, and drive a Prius... but sacrifice all you want and hand over more money to the government... the climate will still do whatever it was going to do anyway... and the millions of people in India, China, and most everywhere else are not going to do ANYTHING different.

I just want my fellow Nomad amigos to THINK for themselves, use your own observations, and not blindly be led about by some big government talker who flies all around in his/her own jet and maintains mansions with heated pools while insisting YOU are responsible for global warming and you must sacrifice and you must pay more for energy.

Please stay free and independent, don't become mind-numbed robots spreading this junk science all based on theory and conjecture.

Have a great weekend!:light:

David, stop. Your ignorance isn't even good enough for off-topic.
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 10:26 PM

This may be the most insane non-Baja related statement you have ever made David. Doug, can you ban this nut job? :o Maybe at least tell him to drag his crap to OFF-TOPIC where he belongs!!!
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 11:16 PM

DK sure brings out the rabid name callers and mainstream media Kool Aid drinkers. If there was at least one achiever in any area in the group with any personal credibility engaging in this drivel it would be more interesting than disgusting. Can't disagreement with another opinion simply be ignored or at least respond with facts or personal observations instead of childish name calling? It is amazing how small minds respond to minor irritations.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-7-2015 at 12:29 AM

Still an important discussion which needs to be "chewed" on, as it is and/or will be impacting the way we were brought up and how our children's, children will be "viewing" things in 29-35 years .... I'll be long done as will many posting here

On the facts thingy .... if some really want them .. facts and all the rest can be found here ... http://www.pnas.org

And Publish or die, is also true in the field of science, be it private or government ... so if they ain't publishing their "work" ... what does that mean in the scope of things :lol::lol:

Working in private industry, is much different than government work ... and really different if ya run your own business and make a living at it ... :biggrin::biggrin: will say, they get much the same in job description ... the bigger the numbers ... :):)

I'm still hoping things will change, and with changes, that are workable and reasonable for all ... kinda like "rice stubble" burning in the Central Valley

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0269749109...

Never easy .. but, when ya can't breath ... ya have to do something :lol::lol:

[Edited on 3-7-2015 by wessongroup]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2015 at 07:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
DK sure brings out the rabid name callers and mainstream media Kool Aid drinkers. If there was at least one achiever in any area in the group with any personal credibility engaging in this drivel it would be more interesting than disgusting. Can't disagreement with another opinion simply be ignored or at least respond with facts or personal observations instead of childish name calling? It is amazing how small minds respond to minor irritations.

Thank you...
The freedom to say "use your own observations" when analyzing this topic is really that ignorant or threatening? Is asking you to not believe all that is said by your government 'masters' cause to ban me? Is this the People's Republic of Baja Nomad where we cannot question authority?

I hear opinions all the time, but don't lash out with personal insults because I don't agree... If I want you to think about a different idea on the subject, I try to offer some facts or good argument, but I have never called anyone here ignorant or any other of the names used on me. An idea might be stupid, but the person is not for sharing it. Is hearing something that doesn't tow the government line really threaten you?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-7-2015 at 08:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

:lol::lol:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-7-2015 at 08:14 AM

I have never called anyone here ignorant or any other of the names used on me.

:lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  25

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.