DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2009 at 05:13 AM

Has this thread lost steam.

All I can say is that I nor anyone else in here knows the truth of what is really going on except for the two parties affected. I can only hope that whichever party is on the right side of the law prevails in their quest and that the guilty party who tortured and slaughtered those turtles are brought to justice.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-21-2009 at 08:00 AM

I have been doing alot of thinking about this thread and "frame ups" as well....many times in San roque, people have asked me to warm things up on my stove if it's windy as our place is one of the only casitas with a stove. I wouldn't think to check under the foil...then what if someone who is out to destroy us (jelously is rampant in mexico) did it on purpose and called the authorities????
Well, you could all come and visit me in Cereso in Sta.rosalia where maybe you would buy some of my abalone trinkets so I could buy some Maruchan at the store there.
The creeps who tortured and killed the martyred turtle would be sporting a sh*t eating grin and looking for another poor sucker to put away.

sometimes life just aint fair....but this serves as a big lesson to always check what's in the pot and under your computer...just in case.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2009 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
....but this serves as a big lesson to always check what's in the pot and under your computer...just in case.

I've been asked by "friends" on more than one occasion to take small packages to the states to be mailed. The parcels are sealed and when I ask the contents, invariably the answer is phamaceuticals among other things. Not the dangerous type but, illegal just the same.
My friends may be ignorant to the law but, I'm the one who would eat it if caught.
"Just say NO."
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 4-21-2009 at 12:40 PM

Olivia and Marc are the victims of a devious scheme to deprive them of their freedom, their livelihood and their property.:O They're good people.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 4-21-2009 at 04:19 PM

This is Rafael Muñoz Martinez, since a lot of what is said here is always put in doubt, I want to share some verifiable information from reputable sources, sorry it is in Spanish, but I don’t want somebody to say I miss translated:
--------------------------------------
De: Everardo Mariano Melendez <emariano@conanp.gob.mx>
Fecha: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:19:42 -0500
Para: Aarón Esliman <aaron@grupotortuguero.org>, Everardo Mariano Melendez <ever1234@hotmail.com>, Ernesto Israel Popoca Arellano <epopoca@conanp.gob.mx>
Asunto: RE: Restaurante sorprendido vendiendo Caguama en Bahia Concepcion, Mulege B.C.S.

Hola Aarón,

Efectivamente fueron detenidas dos personas del sexo femenino, con pruebas evidentes de dos tortugas que preparaban para guiso de caguama, fueron remitidas ante el ministerio público federal por delitos ambientales, la PGR atrajo el caso y hasta lo último que supe fueron procesadas. Se les encontró en el acto y con las evidencias periciales.

En Loreto nos pidieron ayuda para buscar depositarios del producto y le fue turnado el caso a PROFEPA. Me parece que este tipo de revisiones a restaurantes debiese ser con mayor frecuencia y poner una alerta que tanto es culpable quien la captura como quien la consume.

Estamos en contacto!

Saludos.
Ever

Everardo Mariano Meléndez
Encargado del Despacho
Parque Nacional Bahía de Loreto
Tel: (613) 11350477
Paseo Pedro de Ugarte S/N
Col. Misioneros.
Loreto, B.C.S.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Aarón Esliman [mailto:aaron@grupotortuguero.org]
Enviado el: mié 15/04/2009 17:40
Para: Everardo Mariano Melendez; Everardo Mariano Melendez; Ernesto Israel Popoca Arellano
Asunto: FW: Restaurante sorprendido vendiendo Caguama en Bahia Concepcion, Mulege B.C.S.

Hola Ever, me acaba de llegar esto, sabes algo de este asunto, creo que
sería bueno investigar por allá que apso con esto, se ve bastante feo y me
encantaría poder contestar algo a este cuate. Se los encargo mucho.
Saludos
Aarón
----------------------------
So I am not making it up, and Olivia was caught in fraganti cooking the Sea Turtle stew pot in her restaurant for sale to a lot of people, detained, put in jail and she is free on bail, pending the administrative and criminal sanctions. Also, it makes clear that Mexican reputable Nature Organizations are promoting the checking and pressing for the convictions, not me.:D
Some of you are right, Olivia or Oliguacamole just lost the little credibility she had here, because she invented something without knowing the Middle Eastern costumes; the true is that I almost always use a glove, because of an industrial accident that happened in one of my business; I am a Civil engineer, but also studied Law and I am an attorney at law, but as I say, I studied law to protect myself from my own attorneys, so it happened to me when saving an employee of mine; I have my hand, so it is also false that I don’t have it or chopped off; it was burned and I can’t control the temperature, so it does not get cold I almost always use the glove but I have the use of it, it is even evident on the photo Olivia shared with you and the Sudcaliforniano and it is becoming clear who try to deceive you.
On the fact that Eddie said that I own my 1000 Has. Lot since 1971 when I was 18 years old, it is only partially true, because I claimed the property at that time, but my private property title was issued in 1988 and a complement on 1992; I bought it from the Federal Government and the validity of it was checked by the Federal Police and a Federal Judge thanks to Olivia and Mark, who denounced me formally of having a falsified title and at this moment the Federal Police and the Federal Judge declared my title lawful; Olivia Know of it because that is the cause why the Ejido La Purisima, dropped their claims against my title and me; also because in my file, they in 1985 ageed to my limits and signed and put their seal in agreement on an official document, so I have no quarrel with the Ejido and if Olivia is part of the Ejido she should have done the same, but she is trying to collect from my American tenants, but that is a legal battle that do not affect me and should not be part of this.
On Federal Zone, there you are in my knowledge sphere, It is very important for you who live near the sea to know what is Federal Zone and what is not: Federal zone according to the law, is a 20 mts. strip of land measured WHEN THE COAST HAS A BEACH AND THE SOLID GROUND BESIDE THE BEACH IS LESS THAN 30 DEGREES; ONLY THERE THE FEDERAL ZONE WILL BE MEASURED; this is very important because if there is no beach there is no Federal Zone and you should not pay for it and this is the law since 1992 by decree; I know that this is not exactly the information the Federal Zone officials want you to know, because what you pay for it, is in some cases 30% of the city income as is in Rosarito Beach; there, I as an expert witness won the cases for Castillos del Mar and others, so it is a tested in court true; they want everybody to believe that the Federal Zone is 20 mts. From the sea, but it is not, since on cleefs there is no Federal Zone, or where the solid ground is more than 30 degrees there is also not a Federal Zone. (If you need details, just write me and I will give you exact details on the law.)
Another very important fact on Federal Zone is that even if you have the Federal Zone concession, you cannot charge for people using it or crossing it, you can only use the consession only for the use authrized; also it is unlawful to sub lease any part of a concession; Federal Zone if public property and no way around it; also you cannot sell alcohol on it or rent houses on it since it would be sub leasing; nobody can charge you for going to the beach, they can rent you an umbrella, but they cannot prevent you from using it. Then you the Wagon Masters here will say “O but you charge” it is true, I charge you for overnight parking your buses on my property, because I have a parking permit but if you go on foot and leave your bus on the highway, nor me, or anybody can prevent you from using the beach, any land owner by law have to allow people to walk to the beach, not by car, walk; you can see that the hotels always leave a narrow passage to the beach, enough to walk but not for vehicles, but in my case I allow free parking on my property during the day and only when you stay overnight I charge them and that because they use the bathroom and the water cost me, since I bring it by truck from Mulege 30 miles north.
Olivia does not have a parking permit because it is forbidden to park or use vehicles on the Federal Zone, you can only park or drive vehicles on the property, out of federal zone and she has not been noticing that I allow her customers to park on my property without paying, but I can legally close her access to the restaurant at any time I want. She even has to ask for my permission to cross my property and I have a letter signed by her, asking for that permission and if she denies it I can show it, it was signed by her in front of a Navy Captain who also signed as witness.
I know that most of what Olivia do is because she don’t know the law and its details and that is why I say that if I disagree with her, she has always been a lady, not a true telling lady but a lady.
Also so you can understand me, the Property tax on my property is $850,000 USD a year and that is way over the $5000 USD they pay and those prices were put there by the lawmakers and that is done to force people to develop the valuable properties, but we will never do it with places like Olivia there that cannot be moved or have a real money obligation according to what they prevent.
On the fact that she got the Federal Concession, I can comment and prove that she paid for that concession with the hotel funds and the payments are in the Hotel accounting books and if she is not the Hotel owner, she took personal advantage of being at one time the Hotel manager, with a power of attorney only (hope she does not denies it because I have a public notary document where she accept that, “she does not own any part of the hotel”). Also just consider, I have a $750,000 USD investment in the hotel, pay taxes on the hotel and the property, while she rent a Federal Zone house without paying any taxes, because it is unlawful to do it, she sells liquor without paying for a federal permit or tax and she uses my property as her parking, because in Federal zone, she has no area, because she use it with buildings, that cannot be there, because in Federal zone you cannot put permanent buildings.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-21-2009 at 07:48 PM

Yahooo!!
The plot is thickening (sickening.:biggrin:
Mark & Olivia, your turn.

And Cypress,
Good post. You should write a novella and submit it to Harlequin. You may end up with a winner.:no:

[Edited on 4-22-2009 by vandenberg]

[Edited on 4-22-2009 by vandenberg]

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2009 at 08:08 PM

Thanks vandenberg.:biggrin:
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2009 at 11:30 PM

Geez.
soulpatch
Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 4-22-2009 at 12:19 AM
You know first hand they were tortured?

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
Has this thread lost steam.

All I can say is that I nor anyone else in here knows the truth of what is really going on except for the two parties affected. I can only hope that whichever party is on the right side of the law prevails in their quest and that the guilty party who tortured and slaughtered those turtles are brought to justice.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 04:25 AM
Soulpatch are you trying to provoke me or what.

I am speaking from a past experience. It was sometime during 1967 or 1968 while I was in San Felipe as a kid working at a restaurant. I happened to walk in the back of the restaurant and saw firsthand a sea turtle being tortured and butchered. The poor thing was on its back alive and being cut from its shell then literally hacked into pieces while still squirming and flailing its legs and head. I actually heard the poor thing screaming. The butcher did not even have the decency to kill it first. It was horrifying. I had nightmares for a long time after that.

soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 08:11 AM
No. Just provoking thought.

Not everybody tortures what they eat. Some hunters kill ethically and some don't. It seems as if these people have a lot of support out there as decent people and there may have been a killing like any other food source being killed.
I don't know, just thought I'd ask.

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
I am speaking from a past experience. It was sometime during 1967 or 1968 while I was in San Felipe as a kid working at a restaurant. I happened to walk in the back of the restaurant and saw firsthand a sea turtle being tortured and butchered. The poor thing was on its back alive and being cut from its shell then literally hacked into pieces while still squirming and flailing its legs and head. I actually heard the poor thing screaming. The butcher did not even have the decency to kill it first. It was horrifying. I had nightmares for a long time after that.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 08:16 AM

No one should infer that I was referring to the people where the turtle soup was found as having tortured and killed the turtles. I only hope those who did are punished.

soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 08:20 AM

I agree that violators of the law should be punished accordingly.

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena

It would appear the intent behind this barrage of information by ramuma53 has really little to do with turtles but with his long grievance over the land issue.

Unfortunately it looks like Mr Munoz will be successful in bringing down Olivia and her husband. I don't think the authorities will care what the motivation was behind the Munoz tip off. If Olivia can't convince them that the turtles were planted (and none of us know the truth of the matter) she will probably be prosecuted.

Those are my thoughts. I would be interested to hear other opinions.

As Jesse says, it stinks. There's selective justice here brought on by a person who probably had a turtle steak dinner that same week at a neighbor's house but chose this opportunity to nail his rival. And then has the temerity to show up here for approval. Unbelievable.
OLIGUACOMOLE
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 09:48 AM

The reason for the turtle set up….?

For nearly 7 years we have had to deal with this man Rafael Munoz Martinez (ramuma). A bizarre man, and a more bizarre of character.
Munoz (ramuma) it makes no difference to me what you SAY YOU HAVE or what you SAY YOU ARE. What you need to do is to take this evidence and present your proofs to the court. You have had six years to do this. Please allow me to refresh your memory. In August of 2002 we took you to court for unlawful possession of our property. Also for possessing two separate titles for this property which we believe you made up on a computer.

I have lost count on exactly how many times we have had court in La Paz, but it should be near 50 times. I believe Munoz (ramuma) has no intention of finishing court with us because he knows the outcome will not be in his favor. We would not be in court with Munoz (ramubma) if he had any legitimate claim for this property. So if I may suggest to you Munoz (bamuma), take your evidence you possess and present this to the court. Time is of the essence, Do it now.

Our court battle with Munoz (ramuma) is nearing the end or for some has ended. This is the reason I feel we were set up with a turtle. So in order to punish us or get some kind of negotiation we were planted with a turtle. This is NOT the first instance something like this has happened. We have lots of bogus charges and accusations from Munoz (rabuma).

I will give Munoz (bamuma) credit for making Buenaventura what it is now. Contaminating our reputation with lies and half truths (for me a half truth is a lie). Destroying our business and interfering with our daily lives. The BEST THING I can say that you have done since you have shown here at Buenaventura is that you have EXPOSED YOURSELF AS TO WHAT YOU ARE.
Congradulations on a job well done!
OLIGUACOMOLE
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 09:58 AM
El trucko Negra

Yesterday evening persons whom reside at Punta Chivato stopped here at Buenaventura. Told me that Munoz"zz employees were arrested at the military checkpoint north of loreto for possessing drugs. They were in a black truck. I have noticed the truck not at the hotel the last few days. Anyone have more info.?
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OLIGUACOMOLE
Yesterday evening persons whom reside at Punta Chivato stopped here at Buenaventura. Told me that Munoz"zz employees were arrested at the military checkpoint north of loreto for possessing drugs. They were in a black truck. I have noticed the truck not at the hotel the last few days. Anyone have more info.?

Mark/Olivia,
Leave the assumptions and heresaying to your adversary.
It won't strengthen your case and make you look revengeful.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
TheColoradoDude
Nomad

Mood: Paz, Amor, y Tacos de Pescado

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
it was for a group of Mexican families from Ensenada

What happened to the families? Is it only illegal to serve and not consume? And if this was a set up, wouldn't someone from one of the families know something?
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheColoradoDude
Quote:
it was for a group of Mexican families from Ensenada

What happened to the families? Is it only illegal to serve and not consume? And if this was a set up, wouldn't someone from one of the families know something?
Yea, They know what they're told to know.:O
 Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  ..  93

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.