BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  ..  27
Author: Subject: DENNIS is in the hospital.
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Oh really since Pam told me she wasn't going back on the property until Dennis came home.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindalou
Quote:
Yes he still slurrs his words. But he needs a hospital bed, and Pam agreed on that fact. Dennis told me that he didn't need a bed, that he could coast around on his computer chair. He is in denial, which is normal. My job is to give him as much independence as necessary without jeopardizing his safety. The difference between Vicente and I is that I do what is right for the patient. Correct me if I am wrong, but Vicente could not pick Dennis up off the floor and had to call the paramedics. A good man just doesn't cut it right now, competence does. I am resentful of the fact that people are giving me so much resistance and attitudes.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindalou Janene, sorry if you fell offened
Pam, just came and took pictures of Lulu to send over with friends that are going to visit him. I talked to him yesterday, and he has no speech problems what ever.

Vincente will not do work on Dennis' place without Dennis. He said Dennis has a certain way he wants things done and Vincente will do them no other way or hes worried Dennis will be upset and he probably would. So he is not working against anyone he is loyal to Dennis. Bless his heart he is a good man.
Janene, sorry if you feel offended but a good man does cut it and always will. He finished his job yesterday and I doubt he will be back. If Dennis wants him back to do something for him he will contact Pam. He is in no way trying to upsurp(?) you.
Pam was not on his property, she was on mine. She is always welcome on my property just as you are. I don't want to keep bickering on this forum. Hoping to see you this afternoon. Just so everyone will know Dennis told Pam to give Janene keys.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 09:27 AM

Thanks Linda. I don't want to bicker either. I know you are trying to help.
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Thanks Linda. I don't want to bicker either. I know you are trying to help.

Doctora, I never met Mr. Dennis but always enjoy reading his comments. I just wanted to thank you for your humanity, I know that doing the right thing is not always easy especially in a situation like this.
God Bless you Doctora stay the course.....
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 10:01 AM

Well, I intended to post this last night, but thought better of it, as I was pretty sure I would be castigated for it.

But this is getting out of hand. A person who Dennis was REFUSING TO ANSWER U2U MESSAGES, BY HER OWN ADMISSION, IS NOW SEEMINGLY IN CHARGE OF ALL ASPECTS OF HIS LIFE????

From the good "doctor":

"Just doing my part in letting everyone know that one of the Nomads notified me that......"

"I will do this as a public service as I would do for any other patient. If I hear anything else I will let you know."

"No, Dick my involvement in this ends at the professional level."

Giving all the details you have about Dennis on a public message board, WELL before he could have approved of it, is "professional"?..................Is something you would do for "any other patient"?.................Is part of "doing your part"?

What about patient privacy, Doc???

Did anyone ask Dennis if he consented to having his medical condition trotted out before all of us on Nomads BEFORE it was............well, trotted out?

Man, if I had been afflicted with something life threatening, I would certainly want to have been given the opportunity to approve of it becoming public. Everyone should have that right. Even if they choose to forego it.

Now, there is supposedly this stalker. Is it possible this person learned about his whereabouts on the board? Seems pretty likely to me. This person knew what hotel, what room, etc. Probably just dropped his name and in she goes. It was pretty easy for her to find him.

NOW, EnsenadaDr seems to be making decisions on Dennis' behalf about what devices he does or doesnt need, cash or no cash, how his house will have to be changed, what hospitals he should check into, that bothersome catheter and "nail up his burro", the purported estrangement of his entire blood relatives, who will take care of him, the disposition of his handyman, the type of insurance he has..........etc., etc.

Jeez, Louise. Does the board REALLY need to know all this? Are you authorized to decide this for him, on this board?

I'm feeling Dennis has no chance at any kind of doctor/patient privilege. It's being co-opted. Is this REALLY how he wants this to go down????????

If he has been asked and is OK with it, fine. I'll STFU.

Doctor, I am sure your intentions are good. You've done a great service in assisting him in his physical needs. You deserve the accolades you've received here.

But there is the question of privacy, here, right? Is Dennis on board with this hourly update on ALL aspects of his life (present and past) and the refereeing of the aid that Nomads are trying to give him?

I know it might mean less information goes out to his brethren on Nomads. This post might end up being a cold shower on all this admirable outpouring of support for Dennis. I hope not.

But there is the question of privacy, right? And the PATIENT has the first right to approve of information going public, right?

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 10:16 AM

No Hook, it's ok. I understand. I am sure you have read the not so complementary posts of me from Dennis. So then you do understand why I was ambivalent about taking over. Yes, he has all his friends on Nomads but no one willing to arrange the care for him when he got home in a qualified manner. I know Dennis' setup and all his personal information. No Hook this was not an easy thing for me to decide to do either. Did you ever tell your wife or even think about getting a divorce and then get over your anger? I am sure you have had this situation with friends as well, or parents. I HATE this person, I never want to see them again. Maybe you've been lucky, I don't know. You see, unlike you Hook, I am not ashamed of my ambivalency. Everyone is ambivalent about something. Dennis is aware I am posting. I know the last thing he would want is his friends to worry about him. Maybe the Tila incident was bad due to posting information but look how many people turned up to see him. I think this post is helpful in many ways and serves as education for expats in Mexico about their own healthcare. Dennis loves hearing updates about the posts and I am sure what he considers his extended family here love to hear about him. After all, I know they miss him dearly and its a way for them to stay connected to him as well.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Well, I intended to post this last night, but thought better of it, as I was pretty sure I would be castigated for it.

But this is getting out of hand. A person who Dennis was REFUSING TO ANSWER U2U MESSAGES, BY HER OWN ADMISSION, IS NOW SEEMINGLY IN CHARGE OF ALL ASPECTS OF HIS LIFE????

From the good "doctor":

"Just doing my part in letting everyone know that one of the Nomads notified me that......"

"I will do this as a public service as I would do for any other patient. If I hear anything else I will let you know."

Giving all the details you have about Dennis on a public message board, WELL before he could have approved of it, is "professional"?..................Is something you would do for "any other patient"?.................Is part of "doing your part"?

Did anyone ask Dennis if he consented to having his medical condition trotted out before all of us on Nomads BEFORE it was............well, trotted out?

Man, if I had been afflicted with something life threatening, I would certainly want to have been given the opportunity to approve of it becoming public. Everyone should have that right. Even if they choose to forego it.

Now, there is supposedly this stalker. Is it possible this person learned about his whereabouts on the board? Seems pretty likely to me. This person knew what hotel, what room, etc. Probably just dropped his name and in she goes. It was pretty easy for her to find him.

NOW, EnsenadaDr seems to be making decisions on Dennis' behalf about what devices he does or doesnt need, cash or no cash, how his house will have to be changed, what hospitals he should check into, that bothersome catheter and "nail up his burro", the purported estrangement of his entire blood relatives, who will take care of him, the disposition of his handyman, the type of insurance he has..........etc., etc.

Jeez, Louise. Does the board REALLY need to know all this? Are you authorized to decide this for him, on this board?

I'm feeling Dennis has no chance at any kind of doctor/patient privilege. It's being co-opted. Is this REALLY how he wants this to go down????????

Doctor, I am sure your intentions are good. You've done a great service in assisting him in his physical needs. You deserve the accolades you've received here.

But there is the question of privacy, here, right? Is Dennis on board with this hourly update on ALL aspects of his life (present and past) and the refereeing of the aid that Nomads are trying to give him?

I know it might mean less information goes out to his brethren on Nomads. This post might end up being a cold shower on all this admirable outpouring of support for Dennis. I hope not.

But there is the question of privacy, right? And the PATIENT has the first right to approve of information going public, right?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 10:22 AM

Patient confidentiality...I am not yet a Doctor in the US and only in Mexico. I am not Dennis' treating physician. Therefore, Dennis in not my patient, and we do not have an official Patient/Physician relationship. Plus he is aware of my posts.
edm1
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 10:54 AM

Hook, good post, I have the same sentiments about this thread. I don't know if others agree but I believe the thread has some appearance of impropriety.

Quote:

From the good "doctor":

noserider

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 11:17 AM

This thread is reminiscent of the the way everybody came together to help and discuss the solutions when Baja Gringo, and Mike Younghusband were in trouble, and that is exactly why I joined the Nomad forum, this is like a family and some times feelings get hurt,but everyone is trying to help in the best way they can,it literally brings tears to My eyes to see so many come together to help and send best wishes for Dennis even though some have never met Him.

NoseRider
fandango
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by edm1
Hook, good post, I have the same sentiments about this thread. I don't know if others agree but I believe the thread has some appearance of impropriety.

Quote:

But this is getting out of hand

Jeez, Louise. Does the board REALLY need to know all this?

But there is the question of privacy, here, right?

i agree hook.
i also agree edm1. way, way to much personal information.

it all needs to get done, but not everything needs to be in public and on the board.

work hard dennis, get well.

[Edited on 6-22-2012 by fandango]

sbwontoo
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
I am sure Kaiser will be giving him walkers..but the thought is well appreciated...
Quote:

Kaiser charges $85 for a walker :o

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 11:33 AM

Dennis, When You get a chance to read this please know I wish you well and a speedy recovery.
I am sure this is a major milstone marking a profound change in your life style. Be that as it may, I hope that life will continue to offer you many more opportunities to laugh at it.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 11:33 AM

Just spoke to DENNIS and told him that Hook and some others were saying the posts rung with impropriety, and he told me to ignore the negativity. The good news is the Doctor almost fell over when DENNIS could move his left arm above his head!!!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 11:37 AM

WOW, maybe the VA will eat it!!
Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
Quote:
I am sure Kaiser will be giving him walkers..but the thought is well appreciated...
Quote:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
The good news is the Doctor almost fell over when DENNIS could move his left arm above his head!!!

That is known as a voluntary Pacifico reaction.....:lol:

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 11:48 AM

Good to hear he is moving ... that is a good sign, this early ... hope he doesn't lose his mobility that is a bummer ...

Sharkey's might have to add a ramp ...

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 11:53 AM

DENNIS is getting out of the hospital today and going to rehab...

Obviously after the last fiasco, I am not going to say where he is going, any Nomads that want to know please U2U me...evidently, this woman had actual marriage license papers made up fraudulently and presented them in the Emergency Room when Dennis first arrived in the ambulance from Mexico from what the discharge planner told me just now. Incredible!!

[Edited on 6-22-2012 by EnsenadaDr]
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
Quote:
Quote:

Kaiser combined with Medicare charges $9.99 or else it would be $199.00
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 12:04 PM

Well, in light of Dennis' purported reaction to my post, I hereby STFU.

Just wanted to make sure he was on board with all the details of his personal life being out there for Nomads to read.

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 12:05 PM

Mexico is hard to navigate when you have mobilityy issues. Steps are irregular in heigth, handrails/bannisters are often non-existant as are ramps.

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Good to hear he is moving ... that is a good sign, this early ... hope he doesn't lose his mobility that is a bummer ...

Sharkey's might have to add a ramp ...

[Edited on 6-22-2012 by jeans]

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 12:16 PM

Glad someone close to Dennis's situation can keep Nomads informed.
Dennis, If you can raise your left arm, you're on the fast tract to recovery. It's sounding better all the time. Get well soon. Can't wait to hear your take on all this.:D
 Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  ..  27

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.