BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  11    13    15  ..  21
Author: Subject: UPDATE -***FULL CIRCLE - CHIEF RESIDENT OPERATES ON UNCLE ALEX - The Little Girl Who Woluld Become a Brain Surgeon (Chapter 4...
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2012 at 01:39 PM
Thank you GT - You have been been very supportive from the beginning. Cheers.

The goal is only around $1,000 this year because Emilia received a very generous donation from the Mulege Fishing Tournament and she raised $600 over her goal last year which is being applied now.

Thanks GT for a good start.
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 7-18-2012 at 02:45 PM

I received this letter from Emilia several weeks ago. I'll tell you, our contributions are going to a class act. Not only is she an excellent student, but also responsible and respectful. I certainly hope to meet her in person some day. We need to continue to help her as best we can, but she is the one doing the heavy lifting! I am so proud of her grades and the various recognitions she has received. This is one driven young lady. Her family and community must be very proud.
John

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 07:44 AM
Thank you WN and thank you JB for your compliments.

The group that has supported Emilia from the start is showing up again and really showing that "Actions express priorities" as Emilia tags her emails.

Peace,
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 07:48 AM

we may be going over to Mulege in a couple days .... how can I find Emy ?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 10:15 AM

Blanca- you go thru downtown & out the road to Loma Azul (ask anybody if you need to). You will pass Saul Davis' store on your left, and a bit farther the road ceases to be a "city" road. You will pass along the Rio Mulege estuary to your right. Its maybe a mile down on your left to an open air, ramshackle restaurant called Pancho Villa's. Pancho is Emi's father, and her mother runs the joint. Ask there and Emi will either be there or they can direct you.

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 10:21 AM

Blanca, contact her direct on Facebook.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 12:49 PM
RD, LK, RB thank you very much.

If you want to meet Emilia she is working everyday at Pancho Villas during her "vacation" while she studies for the US MLE (residency in Seattle is the hope).

Just drive to the lighthouse and look for the extra bright girl wearing an apron.

Peace,
BajaKeela
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 10:25 PM

Akmaxx...Can I send to your paypal acc. for Emmy as in the past? still same address? Thanks. Best money I could ever spend!!!
BajaKeela
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 10:30 PM

Oops.. Akmaxx sorry about that.....just read a little more carefully and see my answer.. my donation is on it's way..
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2012 at 05:02 PM
Thank you CP and JW.....

Every contribution helps and a few bucks (sometimes many bucks - you know who you are) from a lot of different people really makes a difference.

Peace,
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2012 at 05:29 PM
Thanks a bunch WS and JB halfway there in just a few days.....

I plan on seeing just how hot Mulege is next week and I will deposit the Paypal donations directly to Emilia's school account along with all your well wishing notes.

She should be sending out thank-you's very soon.

Peace,
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 06:16 PM
Thanks 2x JW....you are a prince among nomads ...we are at $700 and counting.

Gracias muchisimas all.

Amongst all the other important, sad, enlightening, and strange news here I am glad to post about something very positive that will have a very happy ending.

Peace,
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2012 at 09:51 AM
Thank you LL and LB for your support - $770 and climbing.

I just want to reiterate that the chances of a kid from Mulege getting this far and having the opportunity to become a US certified doctor are Irish Lottery odds.

This would not have happened without your support.

Nice.
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 7-27-2012 at 02:43 PM

It feels really, really good to be betting on a winner!

JOhn

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 7-27-2012 at 03:10 PM

jbcoug

You sure called that one right.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2012 at 08:28 AM

Did we reach the $ goal yet?
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2012 at 09:03 AM
Thanks for asking Wilder...CL's contribution has brought the total to just over $800.

Emilia heads back to school on the 16th of August and I am confident she will have met this goal by then.

If you know somebody who likes this kind of patronage feel free to spread the word. Any contribution will get you at least a dozen updates, if you want them, on the development of an exceptional doctor. You will be able to tell your friends "I helped her way back before she was famous" or the like.

Peace,
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2012 at 04:08 PM

we shall get there !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 06:35 AM

Chatted briefly with Emilia yesterday and gave her a new 32gig USB drive to sequester her files going forward. Hopefully that will be secure whereas computer gear may come & go. She is excited to be working through her study book for residency placement in the U.S. the book looks like THIS.

Emi will again be receiving our scholarship stipend of $600/semester. But of course she will need much more than that to allow for her advanced study materials & such.

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 07:14 AM

Shared a cool drink with Emilia at the restaurant yesterday. She spoke of the opportunities that have been presented, read: opportunities earned. She is one focused young lady.

She is seriously studying for the US medical exams in addition to her Mexican exams. She explained the exam comes in three parts, given over time. The first two parts are discrete unto themselves; the third is cumulative knowledge. That she has this opportunity is tremendous.

She's also been awarded a teaching position. She observes her students and reports that many of the older people are better focused than the younger. She holds herself to the highest standard of discipline and comportment, I believe, and she appears to do this with grace and ease.

She also reported having the opportunity to attend a medical conference. A professor is the sponsor of this event and he sponsors his students' tuition which is about $1000Pesos. Otherwise she'd not be able to attend. I ask you, Nomads, imagine being on such a tight budget that having roughly $85USD discretionary funds would be out of the question.

If you've ever wished to give to a worthy cause, here it is, folks. Mulege's own native daughter Emilia. Step up, open pocket and give, please. You'll be helping make the world a finer place.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
 Pages:  1  ..  11    13    15  ..  21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.