BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14    16  ..  21
Author: Subject: UPDATE -***FULL CIRCLE - CHIEF RESIDENT OPERATES ON UNCLE ALEX - The Little Girl Who Woluld Become a Brain Surgeon (Chapter 4...
jureal
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 09:30 AM

Emi is a sure winner and I love to be on the winning team! Go Emi!!!
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 09:09 AM
MS puts us over $900 - Thanks

All your kind words and affirmations of Emi's potential are right on the money.

She provides the brains and determination while we kick in some bucks to sustain her.

Very cool.

Gracias Muchisimas.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 09:17 AM

I am currently studying for the US exams. You might want to tell Emilia to check the pass rate of her school. I found my school in Ensenada taught about 20% of the board material in the US. A very good friend of mine, Dr. Ephrain, who works in Ensenada is one of the only Mexicans who has passed the boards from my school.
jureal
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 12:33 PM

I would think that they have a good performance record as lots of US medical students attend there.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 02:39 PM

Of course the big bucks for a Doctor are in the US. so that is the prefered destination of choice for a new Doc. It would be nice to have that Medical expertise in the Mulege area however, where it is sorely needed. The US sucks up medical talent from the third world countries at a pretty good pace, if you look at the staffing of most of the big hospitals.
jureal
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 03:29 PM

You need to do your residency someplace. Why not in the US where her technical skills can be honed.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 04:41 PM

Many schools in Mexico have lost US funding or loans for American students because they did not fulfill the pass rate of 60% or above. What is the pass rate of Emilia's school?
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 03:51 PM
Thank you GP over $900 now...almost there

Emi knows which courses give her the best shot at residency in Seattle. She is very focused.

A couple of bucks more and we will have hit the goal to keep her in Top-Ramen, pencils, and clean sheets for the time being.

Thanks to all the new patrons and double thanks to the regulars who have been with her all the way.

Peace,
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 03:55 PM
P.S. Lancair - Emi wants to do her year of community service in Mulege

This gives Mulege one of the top students in the whole country because other students usually try to pick somewhere more exciting.

Mulege and the surrounding areas from Chivato to Posada will be very lucky to have such a dedicated provider. I hope the people with bucks from these communities can see what a bargain this is.

Almost there.....

paypal is easy and if you mark it as a "gift" there are no fees.

Paypal - egvbuckovecs@gmail.com

Cheers,

[Edited on 7-12-2013 by akmaxx]
prorader
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 04:41 PM
Dont Understand

They say she is wanting to practice in her home town? So why are we studing for US residency? Why, a Doctor in the US makes $100,000.00 US a year not $10,000.00 a year in her town if that. A 2 year residency in Seattle is a lot of US dollares, a 2 year in her home town is almost no dollaras
prorader
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 04:48 PM

A cost of living index above 100 means Seattle, WA is more expensive.

Overall, Seattle, WA cost of living is 149.10.
The national average is 100
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 05:01 PM
Cost of living index...love those statistics

She will do her mandatory year of public service her hometown if she can.

IF the gods are smiling she will do a US residency later which will allow her to practice anywhere she wants but if she happens to be visiting her family when illness befalls you around Mulege then you would be very lucky to have her in your corner.

Lots of variables with a twenty year old, underfunded, long-odds student who happens to be really focused, bright, and determined.

I'm betting on Emi.

The cost of living index in Mulege must be something like .5 compared to Seattle. I spent ten years in Seattle and it's on par with Manhattan for costs for most things.

Let's worry about that after she raises enough money to kick butt one more year.

Cheers,
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 05:17 PM

There are no specific courses in Mexican medical school that will help you pass the US exam. The quality and level of Mexican medical school is nowhere near the standards that are necessary to pass the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Exam).
prorader
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 05:59 PM

I think it is 2 years of public service, and the Mexican government decides where you do it, maybe not you choice. That is what I hear from Mexican Doctors
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 06:35 PM

If there is an opening Prorader in Mulege, then Emilia can choose the position to do her internship and/or public service there.
prorader
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 03:54 PM

I would think doing your internship among family, neighbors and friends would be taking the easy way out. These folks have been cheering you on for 4 years, are they now going to give you a failing or bad mark, if you make a mistake? The question is if you make real good grades does that make you a real good Doctor? I do not live there so it is you that must decide Books or Flesh.
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 09:33 PM
Whistler....stuck at just over $900....reach out a little further I guess.

She has a few days before heading back to school and I know many of her supporters don't follow this board in the summer. Someone will kick in the remainder soon and off she goes again.

Thanks all.
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 8-6-2012 at 07:07 AM

akmaxx,
Check your U2U message.

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2012 at 11:09 AM
_ .... ._ _. _._ ... Here's to people who really dig deep. NJ, CL, NO take us over the finsih line in style

Thank you very much Patrons. Emilia will have a grin from ear to ear when I tell her how many people believe in her and her goals.

You are an outstanding cast of characters in an unscripted play that is sure to win an "EMI" at the Pearly Gates.:saint:

Peace and a very good day to you all.

M.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2012 at 01:53 PM

way to go !!! whoohooo for another semester of brilliant studies to such a deserving woman.....

thanks akmaxx for doing such a great job at promoting this jewel !!!

:biggrin::bounce:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14    16  ..  21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.