fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar

He has an ambulance standing by for transport. he said they were both in critical condition. nothing can be done until the daughter arrives and signs the paperwork.

that is criminal. the hospital is holding hostages!

Does'nt sound like they are beeing held hostage. Tob transport someone to the border they would need someone in the family to authorize it.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 07:44 PM

http://www.sharp.com/memorial/emergency-services.cfm

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar
Be sure to find out if Ron is a navy vet too!

Miguelamo

Let me know in case Celia calls again.

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by AmoPescar]

Bajagringo said:

"I went through the Navy's nuclear engineering program and qualified as a reactor plant operator (a few moons ago) and have a little bit of experience on the subject."

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=35198#pid3680...

I searched his posts for the word "navy".

Nice job. So Ron has VA coverage and Mexico health insurance. Bi-National Emergency will know how to get him straight to a VA facility in San Diego. Cristina has the Mexican insurance is all we know so far. She would need to go to a different hospital stateside than the VA I believe. T

This company will know how to handle the details once they know what insurance coverages Ron and Cristina have.

The Bi-National Emergency charges $45 per person per year for a membership to do what this lady is doing.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 07:45 PM

Mexican hospitals are pure bullchit for whatever gosh darnn reasons.

I know from experience with wife Felipa when her appendix burst in La Paz... and all the chit I went through to save her life..money talks.

My offer is raised to $2000 USD to anyone that can get these two in need to a US hospital in time to do some good. Screw the gosh darnn rules and regs. Get it done.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 07:46 PM

Ok, just talked to Chava who is on his way back to SQ atm, Ron's daughter and her husband have arrived and are at the Sanatorio San Carmen now.
Apparently both Ron and Cristina are stable for the time being thank God. I'm about to call the clinic to see if I ca be of any help by phone since Izaak is in bed...

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 07:46 PM

NOMADS...

Can someone who lives in Baja find this out?

Can we (gringos) have a 'AUTHORIZATION FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT' document that would include authorization to transport you in case the need arises? It would probably have to be a notarized document.

Miguelamo

Nomad Amigos...Here\'s hoping you all have safe Baja travels, amazing sunrises, sunny days, comforting breezes, beautiful sunsets, tasty tacos, cold cervezas and frosty margaritas!!
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 07:58 PM

Nomads / Sirenita...

Anymore word from anyone about whether Cristina might have legal residency status in the US???

She would need that to be able to be taken into the US!

ALSO...
As FDT said 'They are not being held hostage" It's just the way their system is. Now that the daughter has arrived, she can authorize that!

Michael

Nomad Amigos...Here\'s hoping you all have safe Baja travels, amazing sunrises, sunny days, comforting breezes, beautiful sunsets, tasty tacos, cold cervezas and frosty margaritas!!
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:02 PM

Ok...Here's the scoop

I just spoke directly with Christine, Ron's daughter, over the phone, her husband and her are at the hospital.
She told me that both Ron and Cristina are stable and doing much better, Ron did need a blood transfusion but it was only 2 bags, the lady at the desk told me that she would let me know tomorrow if they needed more so we could arrange a donor in order to give them a discount for the final bill.
At this moment they will NOT be moving them, it's a waiting period and the doctors are doing everything they can.
Ron's swelling did go down, so that's great news.

Christine and her husband have already checked in to a hotel but send their thanks to everyone who has been looking out.
I'll check in with her again tomorrow and probably go see hwo they are doing and bring them some food and a computer so that she can let everyone back home know what's up.

She does have my cell number in case they need anything, but she speaks perfect spanish so shes doing great in arranging everything.

Big thanks to all the nomads who pulled together for this effort, I'm super proud to be a part of this family and I feel great being able to help even if it's just a little and knowing that if it were me or my family in a bad position you would all do the same to help us.

I'll let you know if there are any developments, but for now I'm going to relax for the first time all day and have a cup of nice hot tea.

Good night everyone, God bless!!

Visit me at
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Cristina has the Mexican insurance is all we know so far.

Seguro Popular won't get you much. We know that too.
bajalorena
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:04 PM

John and I had mexican wills drawn up with a notario. In them, we stated who can authorize medical treatment, our directives, distribution of properties or possessions, etc.
Gave us some peace of mind.
My thoughts are with Ron and Cristina.
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:04 PM

Just returned home from several days away and am shocked by this. My prayers are also with Ron and Cristina! I'm shocked by the horror of what has happened to them and I am shocked by the outpouring of good from fellow nomads. Ron and Cristina have an absolutely incredible support group here. After reading through all of this maybe something positive is finally happening. My prayers will continue as well as financial support as needed. Keep us updated on how and when to provide funds. All of you are absolutely the best!!! This is a team anyone would want behind them.

John
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:06 PM

Yeah....it's been a long day for everybody.

'Nite all.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
Ok...Here's the scoop

I just spoke directly with Christine, Ron's daughter, over the phone, her husband and her are at the hospital.
She told me that both Ron and Cristina are stable and doing much better, Ron did need a blood transfusion but it was only 2 bags, the lady at the desk told me that she would let me know tomorrow if they needed more so we could arrange a donor in order to give them a discount for the final bill.
At this moment they will NOT be moving them, it's a waiting period and the doctors are doing everything they can.
Ron's swelling did go down, so that's great news.

Christine and her husband have already checked in to a hotel but send their thanks to everyone who has been looking out.
I'll check in with her again tomorrow and probably go see hwo they are doing and bring them some food and a computer so that she can let everyone back home know what's up.

She does have my cell number in case they need anything, but she speaks perfect spanish so shes doing great in arranging everything.

Big thanks to all the nomads who pulled together for this effort, I'm super proud to be a part of this family and I feel great being able to help even if it's just a little and knowing that if it were me or my family in a bad position you would all do the same to help us.

I'll let you know if there are any developments, but for now I'm going to relax for the first time all day and have a cup of nice hot tea.

Good night everyone, God bless!!

GREAT NEWS! Thanks Sirena for what you are doing!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:14 PM

Sirenita, your parents have raised you well. I am overwhelmed by the generosity I have seen here today. Please add our good wishes to those of the other Nomads when you next see Ron and Cristina. All the best, Brett & Connie
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:14 PM

Well...

That's good news for the moment. Let's hope the doctors who are caring for them know what they are doing and what is BEST FOR THEM!!!

PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED...

My thanks too to all who have helped and a special thanks to Sirenita for all her help...as if caring for a young one wasn't enough!

Let's ALL keep them in our thoughts and if you are so inclined, please say another prayer for Ron and Cristina, their families and for wisdom and skill for the doctors!!

Thanks...Miguelamo / Michael :yes: YES :yes: YES :yes: YES

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:19 PM

Sirenita:
Check your U2U, lodging info for Ron's daughter and her husband.
Saludos
Fernando

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Mexican hospitals are pure bullpuckey for whatever gosh darn reasons.

I know from experience with wife Felipa when her appendix burst in La Paz... and all the chit I went through to save her life..money talks.

My offer is raised to $2000 USD to anyone that can get these two in need to a US hospital in time to do some good. Screw the gosh darn rules and regs. Get it done.

I am not questioning your bad experience in La Paz, Roger, but when Don and I had an emergency situation that was dealt with inadequately in Loreto-- Fidepaz came through brilliantly. Great doctors, compassionate care. Further treatment rendered in Guadalajara was also first rate. For every Mexican medical horror story there is an American experience to match it. And vice-versa.

I think that it is in Ron and Cristina's best interest for all of us to stay focused and positive. We have to assume that everyone involved is doing their best in this sad situation-- those who are personally involved and those who are doing their jobs as professionals.

Serenita is doing an amazing job as a switchboard here. She's juggling her home life with the situation, and staying cool, helpful and positive. It's so good that she and Shari and Blanca and others are hands on helping.

Of course we all wish for the best outcome here-- Ron is a good guy, and it is so sad that this horrible thing has happened to him and to Cristina. The best we can do at this point is to keep up with what is happening and to be ready to jump in when there is something we can do to help. It goes without saying that we all care deeply, and most of us would like to do more than is possible at this point.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:32 PM

I finally had a good cry to release some pent up stress, anger, worry and now my heart is filled with love & hope tonight for Ron & Cristina and for those of you who are standing by them in their hour of need. Thanks everyone for your cooperation and support...sirenita...you are a good girl, thanks for being there.

ron &n cristina are receiving all those prayers and energy and are responding...keep it up everyone...sleep well my nomad friends....tomorrow is a new day.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:34 PM

Brilliantly said Paula!

True mexican hospitals are not state of the art, but there are still doctors out there that have passion for saving lives, it's thanks to one of those doctors that I'm alive today.
I know that the doctors that are with Ron now are doing everything they can, and not only for the financial reward.

Bad things happen to good people every day, here, there and everywhere... The best we can do is stay positive and believe that together bit by bit we can make this world a better place for all of us.

Visit me at
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 08:39 PM

My prayers are included in this mass of hopeful thoughts.
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14    16  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.