willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2013 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
Hello Everyone,

My Aunt Sheila received a call from my Dad today, who is in Guerro Negro, they didn't find Gary :0( This is a message from my Auntie :

This is an update from Dave and Sue on the search for Gary. Dave phoned from Guerrrero Negro reporting the abandoned vehicle they checked out has been there for years. They continued handing out flyers, even finding stores that already had them posted. There next stop is San Quintin tomorrow, then heading home. I spoke with Detective Hill from Westminster PD who is working with the US Embassy. He relayed the Mexican Navy has cruised along the coast also looking for sightings of the vehicle. When I stated the next possibility was an air search, he indicated working with the Embassy and the Navy for a fly over was a possibility. The Embassy has contacted Kim on a regular basis keeping her updated and I shared this info. on the air search also. Thank you to all for your concern and prayers.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone that is helping us in our search for Gary. It truly does mean so much to all of us.

Jenn

Well, the good news is that it is not his car ---- good luck in the continued search. Keeping positive thoughts.
AMAZING how many silver 3rd generation 4runners there are down here! spotted this one the other day with a rack! thought we found gary for sure but mexico plates.

fandango
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2013 at 07:01 PM

Great idea to take a photo willardguy!!

Not uncommon to change the plates on a stolen car. comparing this photo and a photo on page 1, Gary's car has the emblems higher on the tailgate and a sticker on the back right window.

sbwontoo
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 06:42 AM

Reading through this whole thread again....Where was the last real verifiable sighting of this person made and when? Seems to be a few possibles, but WHERE and WHEN actually????.....Help me out here....

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 06:49 AM

The last verifiable location Gary was at is the hotel Jardines in san quintin on the 3 and 4 Sept. where he said he planned to return in a couple days...Sunday, I believe.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 06:59 AM

Blanca, thats the conclusion I came to.....How can we check with US immigration to ascertain that he did NOT go back to the states? All plates are scanned on exit.....Has the family filed a US missing person report? Local Police should be able to get the info....

SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 07:24 AM

Good Morning Everyone..

My Uncle Gary's ex wife wanted me to post this information regarding the picture of the 4-Runner with the Baja Plates:

The pic that guy sent today on Baja Nomad site is IDENTICAL to Gary's new roof rack, maybe send that out to everyone because that body part is a match! Maybe also clarify the license plate number (4 VUZ 284 ) because PDF pics are not very clear on my email and with those down there it may not be very legible too. Also, mention Gary's car has obvious hard knife scratches along driver side, and that surf board maybe hanging out back trunk window, not on top.

We have filed a missing person reports with Westminster, CA police where Gary lives, The US Embassy, the Federale, San Quintin Police and other agencies that my dad has passed along on his journey to find his brother. We are making sure that we are doing everything that we can here while my dad is searching in Mexico. Please don't assume that we are not doing anything because we are not posting reply's to every post. We are not giving up and we hope that you are not either. Everyone on this site is helping us with ideas and we are making sure to following through with everyones thoughts.. Our next step will be to have a fly over done, possibly by the Mexican Navy, which is already helping us out with searches along the coast. The Westminster Police, The US Embassy and the Mexican Navy are all in contact with eachother and are working together, just like all our friends and family and everyone on BajaNoMads and Facebook.

Thank you to everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, and for helping us with our search.

Jenn
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 07:28 AM

No assumption was made, just trying to cover all the bases...You might follow up to make sure the immigration scans have been checked...

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 09:40 AM

Thanks for the update!

Keeping hope in my heart up here in my little corner of the world for Gary and his family!

Stay strong, Patton family!

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 10:10 AM
Other routes

Just a thought.......

Has anyone worked and left posters from Laguna Chapala through Puertecitos to San Felipe (Hwy 5) and Mexicali, and also Hwy 3 from Ensenada to the Jct with Hwy 5??

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 11:30 AM

uh, the pattons might want to take a look here. hopefully no connection.

http://www.elvigia.net/el-valle/2013/9/25/hallan-cuerpos-135...

[Edited on 9-25-2013 by willardguy]

[Edited on 9-26-2013 by BajaNomad]
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

That does not sound good for two families.

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 02:15 PM

and the Sta. Rosalia and Pichlingue ferries.

Can someone please get their numbers here please?

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 02:27 PM

How about making sure the SQ cops have the poster....Anyone close?

Griffin

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 02:31 PM

If it helps, I was in Cabo Pulmo this weekend and didn't see anybody fitting this description around down there.

Also, it would be helpful if someone could summarize everything that is known about this guy and maybe edit the first post to include that info.

[Edited on 9-25-2013 by Griffin]
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 02:35 PM

SR ferry 622 222 0204, 01 800 505 5018

Google still works

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

Translation (roughly):

San Quentin, B. C. - Between Monday and Tuesday were found the bodies of two male persons, the first was found on a country road in the area of ​​the colony Lazaro Card##as and the second bridge to the west of New York.
Controls local police reported that at 18:00 am on Monday, railing staff received an anonymous call that reported the find.
The informant specified that on a local road was apparently thrown a body of a dead person. He said he was wrapped in a blanket.
The road in question is located approximately 200 meters to the east of the Highway, and almost the same distance from the back of a building who once worked as a maquiladora.
The military reported that the deceased had between two and three days of late, so it already had the ravages of decomposition, making it difficult calculate you approximate age.
He wore navy blue pants and gray shirt. There was no identification found. The cause of his death would become known after the autopsy of law, police abounded.

No signs of violence
The second finding was reported, in the same way, at 8:00 pm Tuesday. In this case it was an adult over 60 years, who also was identified for lack of paper.
The body of the man was found on the bed of the stream New York over the dunes located near the site known as "The Coyotera" belonging to the ejido Emiliano Zapata.
The soldiers mentioned that the body showed no traces of violence, so we inferred that, because of their age, may have died of a heart attack.
As in the other case, will the autopsy will determine the cause of death.
In both cases local staff came from the Attorney General of the State (PGJE) to carry out the corresponding steps.

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 04:41 PM

Griffin - I did a summary and THANKS for posting on Cabo Pulmo.....every bit of info helps.

bajaguy - good idea to ask if those locations have flyers ... really good and I am sure Jenn will ask the family about it.

Mulegena -right on with the phone calls -thanks so much for jumping on it !

I still hope and pray that this will have a good ending.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2013 at 06:17 AM

Can one of you clever nomaders post a map of the location of "The Coyotera" belonging to the ejido Emiliano Zapata in relation to Jardines, San Quintin?

We're headed south to Loreto today.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2013 at 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream
SR ferry 622 222 0204, 01 800 505 5018

Google still works

Will someone with Spanish skills please call the ferries and the hospital in Constitution (# listed recently)?
I'm out of town on urgent family business and cannot.
Thank you.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 9-26-2013 at 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
Can one of you clever nomaders post a map of the location of "The Coyotera" belonging to the ejido Emiliano Zapata in relation to Jardines, San Quintin?

We're headed south to Loreto today.

This link has a Google map location and GPS coordinates:

http://www.en.nuestro-mexico.com/Baja-California/Ensenada/Areas-de-menos-de-100-habitantes/Ruiz-Cortines-La-Coyotera/

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14    16  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.