BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  13    15    17  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
"1.) I never called you a White Anglo Saxon Prodestent.
2.) If you were down and out with nothing from another country with just the clothes on your back would you be willing to work for food or would you just barge into a local home and demand a meal and the remote control for the T.V.? "

hey Mexi-creamed-corn...:spingrin::):smug:
i never said you did. that was for Diane T. who clearly needs to up her meds...

you don't get it - it isn't about charity - it's about laws and respecting them.
you and others who think like you are what we living in sanity call anarchists.:o

but i do have a sense of altruism so i'll give you a break...besides i find it so sad what happens when cousins marry so it is not all your fault.:biggrin:

Mike I know your just beating your chest and I have no problem with that but could you please try and clean up your diatribe. Kids read this stuff.
PS What kind of food and drinks do you serve on your airlines? My Prima wanted to know?:spingrin:

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Jesse-------all those "if, and's and but's" are the reason that we never get anywhere on "immigration reform"------it is a VERY complex issue when you take all the arguements into consideration. I am a simple guy, and I like simple solutions, and understand them and am willing to take the "if, and's, and but's" in stride-----for simplicities sake!!! I see no other viable way-----just do it!

I feel the same way about the tax code-----when the govmint says that I have made a mistake on my tax reports, I simply pay what they ask for------it's way to complex to fight them, and frankly I don't have the time. No big deal. Same with traffic tickets. But I remain skeptical and keep an eye on them so they don't get carried away. I am a stong FLAT TAX guy as I want things SIMPLE.

There ARE simple solutions, but there are ALWAYS unintended consequences--------so be it--------the border status quo is unacceptable to me, and to a great many other's, I suspect. there will NEVER be a law that is fair to EVERYBODY, and does not to some degree put harships on some. I accept that.

Barry

All i read from many of you guys is:

We have a big problem with immigration, and we don't care about the rights of people of hispanic heritage as long as its solved.

Thats disgusting to me, i am so ashamed of some nomads.

So be it, Jesse. But in my mind it has NOTHING to do with hispanics, other than there are more of them here illegally than any other Group of folks. Illegals came in with their eyes wide open, or should have. There are consequences for each and every one of our actions--------just the way it is.

Nuff said. Barry

You keep clumping all of us in the same basquet. Illegals, legals, citizens, residents, everybody!!! and you don't expect me to think this is racial?

A legal US born mexican american has nothing to do with the illegal immigration problem, nothing! he has the same rights as you do (at least on paper), and has no reason whatsover, to deal with consequences of a law that targets all latinos in order to catch the illegal ones.

Its like gill nets, you catch everything and kill everything in order to catch some sharks.

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lobsterman
I agree with the Captain on this one. Living in San Diego I do not appreciate people in our country illegally walking around my neighborhood, hanging out on corners, sleeping in canyons in deplorable conditions, using up our valuable resources, taking jobs my kids could do, clogging up our medical facilities, etc. The State of California is running multi-billion $ deficients and can no longer afford these "good samaritan" costs.

Are you referring to the large homeless population in the East Village of Downtown San Diego? I didn't see too many Mexicans among them:o

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by irenemm

If you did not do anything wrong what is the problem.

We should apply her mature reasoning to this entire issue. The Arizona police haven't done anything as yet and everybody is crying as though they've been slapped around with the Bill Of Rights.

I'm full convinced that if it wasn't the racial profiling issue, which to this point hasn't occured, it would be something else. The activists just want everything their way in spite of the laws that were broken. They just flat ignore that point.
What the eff is this all about?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 02:28 PM

Mike I know your just beating your chest and I have no problem with that but could you please try and clean up your diatribe. Kids read this stuff.

sure - this has gotten old anyway...i am too bored to argue, so it is a tie - fair enuff??:yawn:

PS What kind of food and drinks do you serve on your airlines? My Prima wanted to know?

haha. it's BYOB of course!
sometimes we have do-nutz if it's early, and i always bring coffee. on short final i'll pop an adult beverage to celebrate that i am once again in Baja...legally of course...:bounce:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 02:49 PM

Jesse said,

"You keep clumping all of us in the same basquet. Illegals, legals, citizens, residents, everybody!!! and you don't expect me to think this is racial?

A legal US born mexican american has nothing to do with the illegal immigration problem, nothing! he has the same rights as you do (at least on paper), and has no reason whatsover, to deal with consequences of a law that targets all latinos in order to catch the illegal ones.

Its like gill nets, you catch everything and kill everything in order to catch some sharks. "

Jesse, You are confusing me here-------I don't believe I "clumped" anybody, other than "illegals"-------certainly am NOT talking about legal folks here, no matter their ethnicity!!

If you mean that hispanics generally will be targeted by this new law----then I understand your concern, but it seems to me that this is wayyyyyyyy over-blown since the law bends over backwards to NOT profile any ethnic group. Yes, some loony cops will profile, that is unavoidable, but when that happens and the cop is proved to be abusing, then he should be fired. That's true of rogue-cops inforcing ANY law.

Once upon a time in Northern Baja, there was a bank robbery in Ensenada, commited by a gringo, according to witnesses. I was in the Half-Way house 30 miles north, having some beers, and I apparently matched the description of the robber-----I was arrested and held for 2 days until it was decided that I was not the robber------I certainly understood why the Mexican cops arrested me, and tho it scared me I was not in the least upset with the cops----they were doing their job. Stuff happens!!!

Bottom line: probably this new law will never be truly implimented, so all this talk is academic, but I still say that in order to get a handle on this particular problem there will be some inconvenience to USA citizens, but something has to be done, and it is worth the inconvenience to at least partially solve the problem. Like many have said here, showing ID is no big deal----we do it all the time, especially when using a credit card. I think this argument is a true RED HERRING.

How would you solve the problem?

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by irenemm

If you did not do anything wrong what is the problem.

We should apply her mature reasoning to this entire issue.

What the eff is this all about?

freedom-loving americans do not take kindly to military or police stopping/searching/interogating people without probable cause.

do you look latino? bend over. you got working man shoes on? bend over (brian bilbray said you can tell an illegal by their shoes). do you speak with an accent? bend over. do you have an irish pride bumper sticker on your car? bend over. do you root for montreal? bend over, you must be an illegal.

dennis, if you like that, why don't you move to a police state like north korea. you will like it there, they have a border where they shoot to kill, and ask no questions later.

[Edited on 4-29-2010 by mtgoat666]
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 02:58 PM

Barry,

The common belief by many that I have discussed this with is that we should have open borders, period.

When you disagree you are considered racist. Most won't say that openly, but its obvious that is how they feel.

So, we are in for a long struggle. Obama will not address immigration this year, he said it on AF1 to the press today. Of course, he blamed Congress being too worn out over Health Care to take on another big issue.

Ken
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 02:59 PM

Goat----------you are really funny, tho somewhat silly. :lol:

Barry
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:02 PM
Don't count me

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

All i read from many of you guys is:

We have a big problem with immigration, and we don't care about the rights of people of hispanic heritage as long as its solved.

Thats disgusting to me, i am so ashamed of some nomads.

I consider this purely a legal exercise. I'm for open borders and don't care how many illegals there are in the U.S. Besides, I think the U.S. would have a far greater problem if 12+ million Mexicans were sent home.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:07 PM

"Once upon a time in Northern Baja, there was a bank robbery in Ensenada, commited by a gringo, according to witnesses. I was in the Half-Way house 30 miles north, having some beers, and I apparently matched the description of the robber-----I was arrested and held for 2 days until it was decided that I was not the robber------I certainly understood why the Mexican cops arrested me, and tho it scared me I was not in the least upset with the cops----they were doing their job. Stuff happens!!! "

barry

time for your nap now.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Barry,

The common belief by many that I have discussed this with is that we should have open borders, period.

When you disagree you are considered racist. Most won't say that openly, but its obvious that is how they feel.

So, we are in for a long struggle. Obama will not address immigration this year, he said it on AF1 to the press today. Of course, he blamed Congress being too worn out over Health Care to take on another big issue.

Ken

:yes: Sure, but not "to busy" to take up Cap and Tax, I bet!!!

Of course you are right. "Open borders" sorta works in Europe where the economies of bordering countries are similar, but Mexico and the USA are not on a "level playing field" and open borders would be a disaster, in my opinion. The two Countries will not reach parity for years, if ever------we do not operate the same way at all.

As Ross Perot once said, open borders would result in a "large sucking sound", or something like that, and Mexico's population could drop like a stone.

I agree with what you say here---------a long, long struggle----probably go on long after I am gone.

Barry
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551

time for your nap now.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: How could I POSSIBLY sleep after all this excitement and dialogue. Still, I will consider it.

Barry
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:28 PM

I wonder if the people who believe in legalizing Marijuana, believe in open borders and Barry no naps. :lol::lol:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

freedom-loving americans do not take kindly to military or police stopping/searching/interogating people without probable cause.

Oh, no. I wouldn't like that either. Tell me where that happened so I can be sure and never go there.

Quote:
bend over.

Nope. You'll have to ask someone else for that, Goat.

Quote:
do you have an irish pride bumper sticker on your car?

No, but I should. Where can I get one?

Quote:
why don't you move to a police state like north korea. you will like it there, they have a border where they shoot to kill, and ask no questions later.

I guess that means they have to mow their own lawns. They'll never learn, will they.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
I wonder if the people who believe in legalizing Marijuana, believe in open borders and Barry no naps. :lol::lol:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm----a very good question (I have my suspicions). :o

Actually, I hate naps--------I always feel like I have been drugged after I take a nap!!! (and after reading Goat's posts).

Barry
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

Oh, no. I wouldn't like that either. Tell me where that happened so I can be sure and never go there.

Quote:

The entire length of Baja!!!!!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:52 PM

This is the hegelian dialectic, either you're against the Arizona law because you are racist or you are against it because you are racist, either one requires a solution to stop the (read=fake) racism.

The issue of immigration is intertwined with racism and guilt so that both Americans and Mexicans can feel good and justify supporting Amnesty and unionization of the North AMerican Continent with combined labor forces, combined military and reduced competition for corporate monopolies who continue to consolidate.

NAFTA, GATT, SPP are all stpes toward reducing the power of the US economic engine to force the people to give up what they have and succumb to reduced sovereignty and individual rights.

La Raza is funded reportedly by many conservative foundations and by getting amnesty on the table and eventually approved you will have a large voting block that will go the way they are told to reduce constitutional law and individual rights even further.

Either way, people need to see the theater as that and refocus on the main issues, the costly and muderous wars and the costly banking cabal both of which are combined to takedown the country at increasingly rapid pace.

Stop being distracted by race baiting, and nonsense and remind yourself you are being played out as little toys in a game of chess that has you marching to your demise unless you pick yourself up, remind yourself who you are as a peaceful person with natural rights.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:53 PM

" Sure, but not "to busy" to take up Cap and Tax, I bet!!!"

Barry.... back to sleep

Arizona ranks 19th in total taxes and the Republican/conservative dominated legislature is looking at another 1 percent increase in sales tax... its not just your hatred lefties
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 03:57 PM

1.-I don't believe in open borders

2.-I believe the US has the right to control its borders

3.-If the US decides its necessary, they have the right to deport all illegals

4.-I believe the Mex goverment is responsible for Mexicans leaving for the US

5.-I believe US corporations, and to an extent, the US gov, allows this

6.-I don't think its right, to implements vague laws where you leave it up to police officers, to decide wether i should be asked for ID based on how i look

Pages:  1  ..  13    15    17  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.