BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
1.-I don't believe in open borders

2.-I believe the US has the right to control its borders

3.-If the US decides its necessary, they have the right to deport all illegals

4.-I believe the Mex goverment is responsible for Mexicans leaving for the US

5.-I believe US corporations, and to an extent, the US gov, allows this

6.-I don't think its right, to implements vague laws where you leave it up to police officers, to decide wether i should be asked for ID based on how i look

I agree with you on 1 thru 5, and I understand your feelings about number 6, but I submit that Police officers have always had the discretion of stopping you and asking for ID if they can articulate "probable cause" or "reasonable suspicion" as to why they are doing so, on both sides of the border. If they did not ask about your citizenship up to now, then that was because it was against local "policy". When I was a cop in San Diego in the early '60's we always asked about citizenship if we had any doubts, and if no ID turned them over to the Feds.

We are closer than you may think in our beliefs and feelings, I am thinking.

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:14 PM

the problem with zonies/other govts is that they want to focus on pursuing the undocumented immigrants instead of pursuing the US employers.

it would be easier and cheaper to end immigration problems by going after the employers, but zonies/other govts don't care to go after employers, because voters (white middle age and old age) are stupid/racist/xenophobic and are appeased if they see their govts simply chase around a few poor foreign people.

the primary reason border fence sections were built is that it made good PR for idiots like hunter, and it provided govt funds to construction firms. the wall is mostly pork.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:14 PM

JESSE

Thats it in a nutshell, very well said for me.

OK Goat, I'm with you on that.

Anyone else.:bounce:

[Edited on 4-29-2010 by comitan]

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:16 PM

Barry

If thats the case then we really didn't need a new law. did we

Ralph

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
1.-I don't believe in open borders

2.-I believe the US has the right to control its borders

3.-If the US decides its necessary, they have the right to deport all illegals

4.-I believe the Mex goverment is responsible for Mexicans leaving for the US

5.-I believe US corporations, and to an extent, the US gov, allows this

6.-I don't think its right, to implements vague laws where you leave it up to police officers, to decide wether i should be asked for ID based on how i look

I agree with you on 1 thru 5, and I understand your feelings about number 6, but I submit that Police officers have always had the discretion of stopping you and asking for ID if they can articulate "probable cause" or "reasonable suspicion" as to why they are doing so, on both sides of the border. If they did not ask about your citizenship up to now, then that was because it was against local "policy". When I was a cop in San Diego in the early '60's we always asked about citizenship if we had any doubts, and if no ID turned them over to the Feds.

We are closer than you may think in our beliefs and feelings, I am thinking.

Barry
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
the problem with zonies/other govts is that they want to focus on pursuing the undocumented immigrants instead of pursuing the US employers.

it would be easier and cheaper to end immigration problems by going after the employers, but zonies/other govts don't care to go after employers, because voters (white middle age and old age) are stupid/racist/xenophobic and are appeased if they see their govts simply chase around a few poor foreign people.

the primary reason border fence sections were built is that it made good PR for idiots like hunter, and it provided govt funds to construction firms. the wall is mostly pork.

Quit embarrassing yourself and read the bill.
It only takes about 15 minutes, you'll find in Off-Topic.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
" Sure, but not "to busy" to take up Cap and Tax, I bet!!!"

Barry.... back to sleep

Arizona ranks 19th in total taxes and the Republican/conservative dominated legislature is looking at another 1 percent increase in sales tax... its not just your hatred lefties

rts, I don't "hate" lefties-----some of my best friends are lefties and we spar verbally constantly. Lately, the Repubs have been drunken-sailor spenders just like the Dems-------little difference. It's ALL appalling to me. "Sleep" is impossible under the circumstances. (except at night)

Barry
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:22 PM

What needs to be done here is to redefine the term, "Racist." Right now it's only being used as a weapon.
If everybody here who has been called a racist said, "OK....I'm a racist. Now what?"
I think a lot of folks would be left with nothing to fight with.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Barry

If thats the case then we really didn't need a new law.

Of course we don't need a new law---------like I said many times, I think they (AZ) wants to get the attention of the Feds., and use this "new law" as a baseball bat, or "big stick" to try and get the Feds to DO SOMETHING ----NOW!!!! or at least SOON.

Will it work??? that remains to be seen, but SOMETHING has got to be done, and NOW!!!!

If you are an "open border" person, all this dialogue is just smoke and mirrors to create doubt, fear, anger, defuse any progress, and move towards their end-------Open Borders. Bad idea!!! and it is not going to happen.

Barry

[Edited on 4-29-2010 by Barry A.]
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:39 PM

Quote:

I submit that Police officers have always had the discretion of stopping you and asking for ID if they can articulate "probable cause" or "reasonable suspicion" as to why they are doing so, on both sides of the border. If they did not ask about your citizenship up to now, then that was because it was against local "policy".

It is one thing for Police to stop you and ask for an ID if they feel theres a posibility of some sort of criminal activity, and a whole different thing to stop you simply because you might be an illegal.

Why?

Because the determination to stop you, is going to be based solely on the color of your skin. If your a Canadian illegal, unless you commit a crime, or do something that might be considered suspicious, nobody is going to ask for your papers. But if i am Mexican, and i haven't done anything wrong, but a cop thinks for whatever reason, that i might be illegal, hes going to ask me.

It is clearly two different treatments for two people based on how they look.

Theres already enough problems with some police officers that don't like Mexicans. I hate to see how this law is going to be enforced by them.

[Edited on 4-29-2010 by JESSE]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
[Of course we don't need a new law---------like I said many times, I think they (AZ) wants to get the attention of the Feds., and use this "new law" as a baseball bat, or "big stick" to try and get the Feds to DO SOMETHING ----NOW!!!! or at least SOON.

no, the law is not the baby (zonies) crying to mommy (feds) for attention. the only rxn by feds will be feds over-ruling AZ law, which zonie republicans would like to drum up white votes for november.
more likely, root of the law is hate mangering by republicans to drum up votes for next election (have you read about the long association of the primary bill author with hate groups?). republicans found that beating up on immigrants gets white votes. sad but true
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I submit that Police officers have always had the discretion of stopping you and asking for ID if they can articulate "probable cause" or "reasonable suspicion" as to why they are doing so, on both sides of the border. If they did not ask about your citizenship up to now, then that was because it was against local "policy".

It is one thing for Police to stop you and ask for an ID if they feel theres a posibility of some sort of criminal activity, and a whole different thing to stop you simply because you might be an illegal.

Why?

Because the determination to stop you, is going to be based solely on the color of your skin. If your a Canadian illegal, unless you commit a crime, or do something that might be considered suspicious, nobody is going to ask for your papers. But if i am Mexican, and i haven't done anything wrong, but a cop thinks for whatever reason, that i might be illegal, hes going to ask me.

Theres already enough problems with some police officers that don't like Mexicans. I hate to see how this law is going to be enforced by them.

Arggggggg-----Jesse, being "illegal" IS criminal activity!!!!!

Barry
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
[Of course we don't need a new law---------like I said many times, I think they (AZ) wants to get the attention of the Feds., and use this "new law" as a baseball bat, or "big stick" to try and get the Feds to DO SOMETHING ----NOW!!!! or at least SOON.

no, the law is not the baby (zonies) crying to mommy (feds) for attention. the only rxn by feds will be feds over-ruling AZ law, which zonie republicans would like to drum up white votes for november.
more likely, root of the law is hate mangering by republicans to drum up votes for next election (have you read about the long association of the primary bill author with hate groups?). republicans found that beating up on immigrants gets white votes. sad but true

Incredible!!!!!! You are truly paranoid!!!! I am getting a head ache just reading your posts. Yes, boooooooo!!!!! we are all racists out to git you, and those brownskin folks from down south!!!! You got our number, for sure, for sure. The word "dunderhead" comes to mind (love that word-----havn't had a chance to use it for a long time) :lol:

Barry
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
I think they (AZ) wants to get the attention of the Feds., and use this "new law" as a baseball bat, or "big stick" to try and get the Feds to DO SOMETHING ----NOW!!!! or at least SOON.

Then Arizona should have passed a tough law that goes after the employers of undocumented workers......from any country. No, they had to pass a law that goes after a whole class (culture) of people and that's why this new law is discriminatory and will be found unconstitional. The politican said that you can tell an illegal Mexican by the shoes he wears. Is wearing the wrong kind of shoes probable cause (with my fat legs, I better stop wearing shorts)? I wonder how that applies to the Al Quaida terrorist who sneaks across the border? What kind of shoes does a terrorist wear? This law is aimed squarely at Mexicans in Arizona, whether legal or illegal, and that is wrong. We will never see how it is actually enforced because it will be thrown out before then.

I don't expect to change any minds here, but one has to stand up for what is right and fair.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
Quote:
I think they (AZ) wants to get the attention of the Feds., and use this "new law" as a baseball bat, or "big stick" to try and get the Feds to DO SOMETHING ----NOW!!!! or at least SOON.

Then Arizona should have passed a tough law that goes after the employers of undocumented workers......from any country. No, they had to pass a law that goes after a whole class (culture) of people and that's why this new law is discriminatory and will be found unconstitional. The politican said that you can tell an illegal Mexican by the shoes he wears. Is wearing the wrong kind of shoes probable cause (with my fat legs, I better stop wearing shorts)? I wonder how that applies to the Al Quaida terrorist who sneaks across the border? What kind of shoes does a terrorist wear? This law is aimed squarely at Mexicans in Arizona, whether legal or illegal, and that is wrong. We will never see how it is actually enforced because it will be thrown out before then.

I don't expect to change any minds here, but one has to stand up for what is right and fair.

Correct me if wrong, but is there not already a law against the employers??? I agree that it should be aggressively enforced if there is one. You make an interesting point here, Oxxo, if you are correct. But no, it is NOT a law against "Latinos", only illegals.

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
we are all racists out to git you, and those brownskin folks from down south!!!! You got our number, for sure, for sure.
Barry

you said it.

you are a fool to think that politicians don't play you. you fall for it hook, line and sinker, and are never aware of it.

the republicans like to say they are inclusive moderates, but they wink and look other way when their extreme right wingnuts uses hate speech and racism to drum up votes and $$.

barry, you do not have to defend everything your party does. this is not Mao's china -- the party will not assign you to a re-education camp if you grow a pair and stand up against the bigots in your party.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:07 PM

Quote:

Barry

But Barry, what criteria do you use to decide that someone driving down the road or walking down the street "might" be guilty of being in the US illegally? What constitutes "Suspicious behavior"? I think that's the crux of a lot of the arguments.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why?

Barry

And i don't have a problem if they are targeted, but regular decent law abiding legal mexicans shouldn't be harrased by this law, when whites are not.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:17 PM

Barry... Arizona, as a State, can be discriminatory. Always has been. I live here and it is nothing new. There have been jokes about the behavior here for years.

Foe fun you should look at some of the other laws they have tried to pass... But hey, we have the OK corral. and..........Phoenix
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:19 PM

Quote:

Actually, there are police officers who don't like anybody. Have you been through the border lately?
That's a zone where profiling is a standard tool and not just for race. Why don't we hear a bunch of screaming about that?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalou
Quote:

Barry

But Barry, what criteria do you use to decide that someone driving down the road or walking down the street "might" be guilty of being in the US illegally? What constitutes "Suspicious behavior"? I think that's the crux of a lot of the arguments.

According to Brian Bibray, a San Diego Republican (50th District) "[Police] will look at the kind of dress you wear, there's different type of attire, there's different type of...right down to the shoes, right down to the clothes."

I have undertaken a study of the workers in my neighborhood and will report back to you with my findings.

Yesterday I saw an illegal wearing jeans and Tevas,... and I know many of you Nomads wear jeans Tevas (albeit, many of you wear mom jeans)
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.