BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  21
Author: Subject: UPDATE -***FULL CIRCLE - CHIEF RESIDENT OPERATES ON UNCLE ALEX - The Little Girl Who Woluld Become a Brain Surgeon (Chapter 4...
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 7-13-2013 at 10:26 PM

Egvbuckovecs@gmail.com is the email that should have been cited by Maxx
I haven't received an acknowledgement on my PayPal donation to the other address yet but I will verify that email address when/if I get one.

In the mean time, feel free to PayPal to the Gmail address several times each day.

[Edited on 7-14-2013 by EngineerMike]

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2013 at 11:15 PM
HOLD UP EVERYBODY>>>>I PUT THE WRONG ADDRESS FOR PAYPAL

I changed three years of posts and somewhere in the beginning to the end I switched gmail for hotmail.....let me correct it definitively.

egvbuckovecs@gmail.com

Sorry for the mistake. Don't take it out on Emilia.
EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2013 at 09:16 AM

Somehow the EDIT button is missing for me on my earlier post or I'd take down the mention of the errant hotm--l address mentioned above.

So the official PayPal account email address is
egvbuckovecs@gmail.com

and let the well deserved donating begin!!!

wsdunc
Nomad

Mood: Upbeat

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 09:45 AM

She has my donation. I try to gather anything good which passes my way and she is a ray of sunlight.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 09:55 AM

I'm surprised they allow her to wear that much eye makeup in the operating room.
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 10:01 AM

Meow!

akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2013 at 10:07 AM
Emilia is in La Paz right now on her way back to Mulege

She could use the break because she will be hard at it next semester.

Thanks for all the support. Everybody here has made a great contribution to a worthy cause.

Peace,
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2013 at 10:29 AM
Paying It Forward

I'm in for my continuing investment in Emilia's future.

As always with her it's an investment in the betterment of the world, for she is absolutely a world-class young lady and doctor-in-the-making! Whatever we can do to help Emilia achieve her goals will help everywhere.

Max, please let her know that I want to see her while she's in Mulege. I'll give her my donation hand-to-hand and heart-to-heart. Also, please let her know she's welcome to stay with us in our new home here in Loma Azul. My home is hers... she's had my heart for a long time.

Mulegena

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-18-2013 at 10:36 AM

Glad to see she is taking into consideration the USMLE material and tutoring it which is probably the best way to learn it. After 8 months, I am getting a good hold on the material but still need a little more to go to make up for what I was never taught. She is starting early so that is good and will help guarantee her success in a US slot for residency.
BajaHombre

[*] posted on 7-30-2013 at 07:27 AM

Bump

I just made my small contribution to support Emi's education.
EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2013 at 06:04 AM

I saw Emi last Monday afternoon at her family's property in Loma Azul (the family restaurant is gone at this point, as it was knocked down in the flooding from Hurricane Paul), and presented her with a copy of the book BLINK on behalf of sponsors who have donated to her support thru our Program. With her interest in the physiology & functioning of the brain, that seemed like an excellent fit. And as a well written piece it is also an excellent exercise in English which will be seriously important in a U.S. residency.

Emi was relaxing and soaking up some much deserved family time.

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2013 at 08:39 AM

Sorry I missed you, Mike. Would love to get together when you're next in town.

You'll be pleased to know that Emi is already reading the book. She's also helping me to refine my Spanish; its always a delight to be in her charming company; she is a confident and natural-born teacher, imo, truly a Renaissance Woman.

She'll be here with her family for a while longer, but as always will be back in school when her birthday occurs later this month. She's quite a girl and says her routine is to sleep in the afternoon and awaken at 9-10 pm to socialize a bit then hit the books until its time for school the next morning. The professors can't figure out how she's so bright so early in the morning-- its because she's been up all night! She takes her coffee straight-up, strong and black to put hair on her chest, btw!

Quote:
Originally posted by EngineerMike
I saw Emi last Monday afternoon at her family's property in Loma Azul (the family restaurant is gone at this point, as it was knocked down in the flooding from Hurricane Paul), and presented her with a copy of the book BLINK on behalf of sponsors who have donated to her support thru our Program. With her interest in the physiology & functioning of the brain, that seemed like an excellent fit. And as a well written piece it is also an excellent exercise in English which will be seriously important in a U.S. residency.

Emi was relaxing and soaking up some much deserved family time.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 7-31-2013 at 09:23 AM

I will be traveling through with a fellow nomad in a couple weeks. Wil Emi still be there, I'd love to meet her?

John

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 7-31-2013 at 09:35 AM

I will be traveling through with a fellow nomad in a couple weeks. Wil Emi still be there, I'd love to meet her?

John

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2013 at 09:25 PM

JB- head thru Mulege under the arch & heading East toward Loma Azul (ask if you think you are getting lost). Just before you get to the beach you will see a fresh mound of sand on the left with a driveway up to a palapa under construction. Head up and past the palapa to the south. You will find Emi's home at the end of the driveway. It'll take you maybe 15 minutes off the highway, 30 round trip plus an interesting chat if Emi is home.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 06:31 AM

I have passed that message onto her. It seems like a really good idea to split up the tests and I bet she didnt even know about that.

she is back in guadalajara as of yesterday.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 06:45 AM

Yep, I was glad to see her again this summer and hated to see her leave so soon. She's such a bright, shining star; wherever she goes lightens and lights up.

Oh, and Everybody, let's all post Emilia birthday wishes. She turns 22 on the 19th of this month, that'd be this coming Monday.

Emi, wishing you the best of the best in life, much, much happiness and goodwill to grace your life this coming year. You make this world a better and brighter place! Abrazos, mi amiga. Con amor, Maria

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2013 at 07:37 AM

ME TOO - "Emi, wishing you the best of the best in life, much, much happiness and goodwill to grace your life this coming year. You make this world a better and brighter place! Abrazos, mi amiga. Con amor,"

y feliz compleanos

cindi
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2013 at 02:17 PM

Feliz cumple Emilia !!!!! Muy happy birthday !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 8-18-2013 at 03:57 AM
The USMLE Step 1 exam and Step 2

The USMLE Step 1 costs $800 American Dollars to take. Step 2 I believe is over $1000. You cannot take them both together, by the way. I would start spreading the message out to collect donations for her Step 1.
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
I have passed that message onto her. It seems like a really good idea to split up the tests and I bet she didnt even know about that.

she is back in guadalajara as of yesterday.
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.