BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  22
Author: Subject: LET'S ALL POST A PICTURE OF OURSELVES!
dtutko1
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2011 at 06:39 AM

Nice doors. And nicer girlfriend!

Dorado Don
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2011 at 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar
Hey there FEZ...

Don't think we're going to get Dennis to bite! We've nudged him several times and still no pic.

Maybe he's SO HANDSOME that he doesn't want to post because he's afraid it will make the rest of us feel bad!

Take Care, Miguelamo :tumble: :spingrin: :bounce: :D

Well...I do understand why some folks dont want to post their pictures here. I mean really. Comparing to my picture I posted here...it's very hard for anyone here to look better! :o

Seriously...I dont forget faces. Never. I like this topic because I always wondered if I have pass (not die!) upon other Nomads in my travels.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Brian L
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 3-4-2011 at 08:57 AM

I never forget a face either, it's the name that goes with it that eludes me usually!

Brian
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-4-2011 at 11:17 AM
Drum Roll, Please...?!!

By special request I am posting this rare and priceless photo of Nomad roundtuit and his bride.

Taken late last night at the Big Band Bust at .."Ana's Caberet"...or 'the beach place'... depending on the time of day.

Here they are!!

Hmm...at the bar, eh? Just a sec and we'll get them to focus a little better..,okay, guys... let's FOCUS!

sigh..Well, that was a good try, but...we've got to try harder this time, okay? Now..one-two-THREE! F O C U S!!

BY GOLLY, THATS'' IT....VIOLA! BRAVO!

And here they are in living color! 'roundtuit and co.'

Are we having fun yet?? Hell, Yes!

[Edited on 3-4-2011 by BajaNomad]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2011 at 02:39 PM
One of these guys is Dennis

[img][/img]
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 3-5-2011 at 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Quote:
Hey there FEZ...

Don't think we're going to get Dennis to bite! We've nudged him several times and still no pic.

Maybe he's SO HANDSOME that he doesn't want to post because he's afraid it will make the rest of us feel bad!

Well...I do understand why some folks dont want to post their pictures here. I mean really. Comparing to my picture I posted here...it's very hard for anyone here to look better! :o

Seriously...I dont forget faces. Never. I like this topic because I always wondered if I have pass (not die!) upon other Nomads in my travels.

Fez...I've thought the same thing. I've always had a good memory for faces, often remembering someone after running into them after 20 yrs or more. But as BRIAN said, it's the names I sometimes have more trouble with, especially nowadays as I grow older.

Wondering if I've met them in my past Baja travels or in the future was definitely on my mind when I decided to start this topic. But mostly it was curiosity about what they looked like while reading their posts. It's a little like seeing a music video, sometimes it makes you understand the song a little better.

Miguelamo :) :yes: :tumble: :D
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2011 at 06:11 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Quote:
Hey there FEZ...

Fez...I've thought the same thing. I've always had a good memory for faces, often remembering someone after running into them after 20 yrs or more. But as BRIAN said, it's the names I sometimes have more trouble with, especially nowadays as I grow older.

Wondering if I've met them in my past Baja travels or in the future was definitely on my mind when I decided to start this topic. But mostly it was curiosity about what they looked like while reading their posts. It's a little like seeing a music video, sometimes it makes you understand the song a little better.

Miguelamo :) :yes: :tumble: :D

Yes...I do agree with you, not being good at remembering names Bobby Ray...er....Dave.....ah......Jimmy.....oh(!) AmoPescar !

DENNIS...post a picture of yourself and I'll give you my sister's phone number....she is single.

ug.jpg - 8kB

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 3-6-2011 at 12:06 AM

WELL...I'M HOPING WE CAN KEEP THIS TOPIC GOING...BUT, it's going to be pretty tough to do that if nobody will post their picture(s)!!

It's been lots of fun to see everyone's pictures of themselves and their spouses, etc. It's good to be able to put a face with the name used by Nomad's on the board.

SO ONCE AGAIN...I'M ASKING YOU WHO HAVE NOT POSTED A PICTURE TO PLEASE GET BUSY AND POST A PICTURE OR PICTURES FOR US TO SEE!

And...as I've written several times, it's not really that hard to do, but...if you need help in doing it, check on PAGE 6 of this topic to see David K's easy to follow directions.

This is me in a self portrait taken today Saturday 3/5/11

Amo Pescar/Miguelamo/MICHAEL :?: :coolup: :yes: :) :tumble: :D ;)
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2011 at 08:23 AM
Pic

Rodolfo, Nomad tehag, Chris Reilly

Certainty is the child of ignorance, knowledge is the mother of doubt. Question everything!

http://bcsbirds.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-6-2011 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
WELL...I'M HOPING WE CAN KEEP THIS TOPIC GOING...BUT, it's going to be pretty tough to do that if nobody will post their picture(s)!!

It's been lots of fun to see everyone's pictures of themselves and their spouses, etc. It's good to be able to put a face with the name used by Nomad's on the board.

SO ONCE AGAIN...I'M ASKING YOU WHO HAVE NOT POSTED A PICTURE TO PLEASE GET BUSY AND POST A PICTURE OR PICTURES FOR US TO SEE!

And...as I've written several times, it's not really that hard to do, but...if you need help in doing it, check on PAGE 6 of this topic to see David K's easy to follow directions.

Amo Pescar/Miguelamo/MICHAEL :?: :coolup: :yes: :) :tumble: :D ;)

Because Nomads can change the number of posts they view per page (in your Control Panel/ Options link, at top), it may not be on page 6. For me, it is on page 4...
So, to make it easy to find.... HERE IT IS AGAIN!:

====================================================

It takes just a little practice... here again are a couple of methods for posting photos on Nomad:

There is some misunderstanding about how to post photos... There are two methods...

One is direct onto Nomad from your PC files, using the 'Browse' button under the normal posting box... In that case you can only post one photo per post AND it MUST be UNDER 50 kb. is file size. Since this is smaller than most all photos you have on you PC, you need to make a duplicate file with the photo size REDUCED to under 50 kb.

The BETTER way to show your photos is to hot link to them stored on another website... such as Photobucket.com. It is free (to a certain limit) and has an automatic resizing service... In this case, Nomad requests photos to not exceed 800 pixels in width.

On Photobucket, to upload from your PC,

1) click the red button 'Upload now'.

2) In the next window you see, at the top of the big box, in small blue letters, click: Customize your upload options

3) In the pop up see these choices (and more to resize to):
100x75
160x120
320x240
640x480
800x600
1024x768 ...

>>Pick 640x480 for most photos... this is the selection refered to as 'Large'.
>>Pick 800x600 for maps or max. detail images max. size to fit on 15" screens.

Click SAVE

4) Select photos (press Select Photos button) from your PC to resize and store on Photobucket. You can have multiple files to organize them.

Now, to put on Nomad!

1) Place your mouse arrow over the photo you want and get a small pop up with some codes for linking them to various media.

See the one called 'IMG code'? Click your mouse on it to copy it.

2) On the Nomad posting box, paste that code.

You can have text above or below the image link... have several images perhaps a dozen max... and then do a reply post to add more... so as to not have too many on a single frame.

The photo url begins with http:// and ends with .jpg (usually) and the IMG code puts your photos url between the tags [img] and [/img]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your photo is already on a web site, you can click this icon located above where you type onto Nomad (not quick reply):

and just put in the image url, and the tags are automatically added on to show your photo here. (make sure the http:// isn't in the url twice)

[Edited on 7-12-2012 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2011 at 11:56 AM

IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF THIS

THIS

OR THIS

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR PHOTO

IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID OF THOSE THINGS POST YOUR DAMN PHOTO LIKE THIS!

Lista
Junior Nomad

Mood: (:

[*] posted on 3-6-2011 at 06:44 PM

2 years ago, 5a.m., my best friend and I leaving for Baja. A mere 36 hour drive for us! I am the taller/thicker one....
Heading down agian in April... can't wait!
Thanks David for reposting the instructions.... I think I may finally be getting it!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-6-2011 at 07:32 PM
Not the MOST Recent, BUT........

I haven't changed TOO much. Other than the hair, Maybe other Small Details.

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2011 at 12:08 PM
Bill

Didnt know you were so a sensitive guy. Deleted my smiley above. Sorry.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2011 at 01:27 PM
I'm SO Sensitive Thank You

And, ANYBODY who messes with me will have to answer to the BIG CHIEF.

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2011 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
And, ANYBODY who messes with me will have to answer to the BIG CHIEF.

Dont tell me........... Judging from the bottled wall in the background....you are at Knott's berry Farm! If so.....did you ever see "Joe" in the Jail house there? OMG!

[Edited on 3-7-2011 by mcfez]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2011 at 06:34 PM
Las Vegas

At one of many "Old West" places along the Highway.

But, I spent many happy days at Knotts before it ever became an Amusement Park in the Modern Sense. Great Chicken Dinners and Berry Pies.

Never went there after it changed.

I refused to take the kids there because I was offended at what they did to the place.

A good excuse, anyway.

I HATE Amusement Parks.
yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2011 at 07:35 PM

The wife and myself

[Edited on 3-8-2011 by yellowklr]

nomad.jpg - 14kB

Derek
yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2011 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
You hidin' in there somewhere?
Quote:
Originally posted by yellowklr
The wife and myself

Here I am!!!

nomad2.jpg - 47kB

Derek
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 12:12 AM

Our kid was cheap feeding growing up... really liked dirt

Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  22

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.