Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 05:53 AM

Just to inform people about Hospital Del Carmen. I was there 20 years ago for 5 days with a life threatening condition and came out of it with flying colors. This hospital is fine but it was my doctor who told me to go there and he was the person who admitted me. Can't comment on the food.....

I'm going there this morning.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
del carmen is more like nursing home...rehab center. GET THEM OUT OF THERE! Velmar is across the street. Y

Not exactly. It's over by CardioMed.

SANATORIO DEL CARMEN
Obregón 1105
Col. Zona Central
C.P. 22800
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:35 AM

Good Morning everyone. I am in full agreement with others and am so proud to part of this "Community".

Does anyone know when/if Ron and Cristina will be moved? They just gotta get them to the US for MRI's, etc. Anything new today (I know the day is young, but I am praying for good news).

baja1943
Banned

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:35 AM

Dennis, why don't you drive over there and get a first hand report. It hasn't even been established if Ron is conscience or not. Two pints or liters of blood, depending on the source, for a head injury is very curious.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:53 AM

buenos dias...como amanacieron todos....well it was a long night of tossing and turning, worrying and praying for our friends.

I received an email from mulegemichael who has also pledged $1,000 for Ron & Cristinas medical care so anyone in contact with the family please let them know of this fund.

lets hope things improve today...come on kids....you can get through this...we are all behind you two and the family dealing with the tragedy.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:18 AM
Dr. Janene Caracaus #1

Dr. Janene Caracaus is trying to post his comments on this board but is having technical difficulties. He asked me to post them. Post #1:

-----------------------

Hi,
I am the Doctor Janene that Dennis referred to in your column. I tried to register this morning to post my own comments, but even though the forum sent me an email with a password and username, I am unable to get into the forum. I have been following the posts and want to comment. First of all, Del Carmen is an adequate facility for the most part, but does not have a state of the art MRI and other technical equipment needed to diagnose and treat any complicated brain injuries.
My beef is this: Dennis called me to see what was going on. I went over to Hospital General in Ensenada, and met with a lady friend of Cristina. I asked her for the family's number to speak to them directly, as I felt the best course of action was to at least get Ron on his way to the US. Somebody got consent to take him to Del Carmen, because it is a private facility and they have to pay cash there. The woman friend of Cristina would not give me the family's number. I then went to Del Carmen, at Dennis' request, and the friend of Ron's was not there at the time. I believe that whomever gave consent to send him to Del Carmen could have just as easily gave consent to have him sent to the US, because its costing alot of money to keep him in a private hospital as well. That money spent in the hospital could have been used for an ambulance to the US. The friends of Ron and Cristina were not very forthcoming with information, and the receptionist at Del Carmen told me that the male friend of Ron's did not give them any family contact information. Why they weren't very forthcoming with information I don't know.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:20 AM
Janene Caracaus #2

But anyways, the other thing I wanted to mention is that I did NOT use the words grossly inadequate or cash cow to describe Del Carmen, but I was not pleased with their unwillingness as well to try to facilitate the transfer of Ron to the States, which led me to believe they had their own motivations for keeping him there.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:35 AM

thanks for that skip!!

I just got up and am about to grab breakfast for Izaak and I while we wait for Adrian to get up so we can head down there.

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
I did NOT use the words grossly inadequate or cash cow to describe Del Carmen,

Those were my words. I have a tendency to heap adulation and praise on everything and everybody. :saint:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Dr. Janene Caracaus is trying to post his comments

That would be "Her." Jeeeezo...don't get her started. :lol:
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:42 AM

I'm called answering service for the American Consulate to have them contact the on-call duty officer to see what they can do. I am awaiting his call.

astrobaja
Senior Nomad

Mood: beam me up

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:47 AM

Morning all,

Just to let people know-- Rons daughter Christine Nelson DOES know about this thread on Nomads, the ball really is in the families court now, lets not assume that the US is the only place to get competent medical care. The Los Angeles Hospital in Tj is excellent from what I hear and has an MRI facilty nearby. Lets remember that its not always the technology but also the skill, experience and compassion of the doctor/s using the tools!

Also Ron head injury was the most life threatening one, but he had other injuries as well. Chava told me his face was very lacerted and there were possible broken ribs too!

As hard as it is to just wait for us we have to let Ron's family make the informed decisions now, the offers for help are all in place should they seek them out!

\"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened\"

Douglas Adams

our website: http://bajadarkskies.com
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:49 AM

Is Ron in Del Carmen in Ensenada or Los Angeles Hospital, Tijuana?

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by ELINVESTIG8R]

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:51 AM

I just returned from Hospital Del Carmen and when I entered through the emergency entrance I was asked what I wanted. I told this person I was the brother of Ron Hoff and wanted to see him. I was taken to the ICU section, close to the emergency room, where Ron is in a double room, by himself and a nurse is on duty 24 hours just for him in the room. This was at 7:00 a.m.

Ron is hooked up to a ventilator and is not breathing on his own. He is also kept in a unconscious state, according to the nurse. The nurse said that when he did open his eyes he would be in a combative state so that was the reason.

Ron was lying on his back with his shirt off hooked up to at least 5 different IV's. I did not see any wounds however the nurse said the back of his head suffered trauma. The nurse said Ron's doctor would visit him in an hour and if I wanted to wait I could ask more questions to him.

I was only with him for a few minutes and he does not look good. Anytime you are not breathing on your own due to head trauma is very serious.

I do not know the condition of his wife or if she is at Carmen. I didn't ask. After seeing Ron I was in no condition to ask any further questions.

I was not going to post this. Some of you probably think my actions of lying about being his brother and posting his condition as I see it is intrusive and I will be the first one to say that it is but there are so many of us that want the best for him and his wife and I wanted to let you know that if you believe in the power of prayer then get on it.

As far as what happened to him..... Please, Please do not get involved in something like trying to help a neighbor, friend or someone you do not know being robbed. I don't know the circumstances with Ron's situation or what happened where he lived but the best thing you can do is to document license plate numbers, photographs, etc and call the police. If you are approached by a robber, GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS!!!!! I hate to say it but this is a perfect example of trying to help someone and you end up being the victim.

I will return to the hospital later in the day and see if there is any improvement.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:57 AM

Thanks Dan......I was going to head up there, but I won't.
Good job on the brother link. I think, when I go there, I'll be a brother too.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:00 AM

Wow lizard, thanks for shedding some light on the situation, we'll pray harder than ever and be down there in a little while to see what we can do.

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
astrobaja
Senior Nomad

Mood: beam me up

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:00 AM

no Elinvestiga8or Hes at Del Carmen it was suggested that LA in TJ was a excellent place to possibly move him to.

\"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened\"

Douglas Adams

our website: http://bajadarkskies.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja
Just The Los Angeles Hospital in Tj is excellent from what I hear and has an MRI facilty nearby. Lets remember that its not always the technology but also the skill, experience and compassion of the doctor/s using the tools!

Thanks Mike. It's just my opinion that if they can get him to TJ, they can get him to the VA or Navy Hospital as well. It's among other things, a matter of expenses.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:03 AM

I just spoke to an Officer of the American Consulate who are aware of the situation and have been in contact with Ron's family.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:06 AM

first of all I want to express my gratitude to Dennis for contacting the doctor and Dr.Janene for taking the time to go down to the hospital to try to help sort this all out. We are all doing the best we can with the little info we have...the facts are very unclear at the moment but today hopefully we can make some progress on a plan to get ron & cristina the medical care they require...which will take some help from several people.

I really dont think a mexican hospital would arrange transport to the states...that is up to the family or people dealing with the patient.

some questions I have are...did ron or cristina go first to a hospital in SAn Quintin and were then transferred to Ensenada? Was Ron unconcious from his injuries?

Sirena will go down to the hospital this morning and try to get a first hand account of what is happening so anyone with suggestions or questions she should ask please post them here....we need to know for sure what the extent of their injuries are before moving them anywhere at this point. She should be able to get some good info from her husbands uncle who is a doctor at this hospital...which may be a big help.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.