BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  27
Author: Subject: DENNIS is in the hospital.
dtutko1
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 01:41 PM

Dennis
We have never met, but you have helped me several times on many issues. I know I join many other nomads and wish you a steady and complete recovery.
Don

Dorado Don
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I am announcing a welcome home party for DENNIS at his home in Punta Banda that I have asked Doc to organize. I 'd like to have live entertainment...anyone up for a gig??

He's coming home from the hospital after a serious medical problem and you're inviting everyone and the 'gig' to show up? I'm at a loss to understand your motives.

That's exactly what I was wondering. I didn't think the Dennis that I know would go for that.

P<*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
molly

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 03:05 PM
Dennis

The Dennis I know would definitely not want a party.
He is one that does not like changes.
Too bad his whereabouts are such a secret. He needs to
know that his friends care about him and have not abandoned him.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 03:10 PM

I am having a welcome home party for him. If none of you want to attend, that's fine. Anyway, I spoke to Dennis today and the good news is he read all the posts on his Kindle.. he said he can't seem to use his fingers to post and he asked me to buy him a stylus for his Kindle that he lost and then he can post. He started physical and occupational therapy today, and I will be going to the States again to bring up his Stylus and clothes so the occupational therapist can work on having him put his own clothes on. Hopefully Thursday he will be able to post. I offered to give him a bigger computer but he likes his Kindle. He wants his concentration 100% on his rehab, he doesn't want to think about anything else right now.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 03:13 PM
AH...a newbie

Identify yourself, sounds like his ex girlfriend who is insanely jealous. Geez, even Ron Hoff understood the need for privacy and accepted it. Thanks Ron for understanding. Maybe you can shed some light on how important privacy is during the rehab period.
Quote:
Originally posted by molly
The Dennis I know would definitely not want a party.
He is one that does not like changes.
Too bad his whereabouts are such a secret. He needs to
know that his friends care about him and have not abandoned him.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 03:33 PM

For those who may need help in the future, How much are you charging for these services Ensenada Doctor? Are there referrals to other doctors after you move in september?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 06:32 PM
Financial Responsibility

DENNIS has me handling his expenses, such as ambulance rides, paying his bills in Mexico, etc. I did ask him to sign a power of attorney which he agreed to, but at the last minute he decided not to. This makes my job difficult, but he had the right to refuse at the last minute.

Lizard Lips told me to remove the post about Bruce Massey. Bruce started harrassing me over at Fulano's. Anyway, Lizard Lips keeps sending me U2U's saying if I don't remove the post about Bruce Massey, he was going to reveal that I wanted to put my financial responsibility on paper, and send it to Nomad, Fulano, and PBBB. Lizard Lips keeps counting down and sending me U2U's every 5 minutes saying I have 45 minutes, then 10 minutes. Dennis told me today he never talked to Lizard Lips about this, so I don't know what source he has.

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by EnsenadaDr]
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 07:06 PM

Upon Dennis' discharge from rehab it would be wise to ask his OT/PT along with his doctor(s) that are treating him if he should have a party waiting for him when he arrives home. They will know his strengths and his limitations.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Dennis.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
DENNIS has me handling his expenses, such as ambulance rides, paying his bills in Mexico, etc. I did ask him to sign a power of attorney which he agreed to, but at the last minute he decided not to. This makes my job difficult, but he had the right to refuse at the last minute.

Lizard Lips told me to remove the post about Bruce Massey. Bruce started harrassing me over at Fulano's. Anyway, Lizard Lips keeps sending me U2U's saying if I don't remove the post about Bruce Massey, he was going to reveal that I wanted to put my financial responsibility on paper, and send it to Nomad, Fulano, and PBBB. Lizard Lips keeps counting down and sending me U2U's every 5 minutes saying I have 45 minutes, then 10 minutes. Dennis told me today he never talked to Lizard Lips about this, so I don't know what source he has.

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

You post a lot. I imagine you also talk a lot.

I think your flaming of Punta banda residents over on fulano's website makes people doubt you. If you come to nomadlandia seking validation and support, then act like a serious sober adult. Your posts in the OT and on fulano's website make you look like a raving nutjob. Of course, I am an irreverant smart aleck, so I don't claim to be a sober serious adult; however, I am sober :lol::lol:

I think Dennis probably needs advice and assistance, but he probably does not someone to sign his checks and directly manage his accounts. Best you stay at arms length and not seek power of attorney over him. Crikey, just 2 weeks ago you were waging a vendetta against Dennis! Have you read your posts from ast month!

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by mtgoat666]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 11:30 AM

Dennis, Hang tuff!:biggrin:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 11:36 AM

power of attorney? you shouldn't be asking him for that. he should ask you!

WOW!

when is Dennis gonna poke his head up and have a look around here?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
power of attorney? you shouldn't be asking him for that. he should ask you!

WOW!

when is Dennis gonna poke his head up and have a look around here?

good point, woody.

it seems dennis is being aggressively pursued by two women, janene and tila. watch out!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 12:14 PM
Janene

I would like to thank you for providing the immediate assistance to Dennis, but I am also miffed at your reluctance to let anyone contact him.

There are friends here on this board and in Punta Banda that are concerned, not only about his health, but also his welfare. We are all family and pull together to help one of our own.

I understand the need for Dennis to concentrate on his rehab however his (possibly forced) isolation dos nothing to ally our concerns.

I would suggest that Dennis pick ONE friend of his chosing (possibly FDT, Doug, Lizard Lips) that can visit him on a regular basis (a couple of times a week), and in Dennis' own words report back to us his own thoughts, wishes and requests

Anything less leads me to belive something else is in play.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 12:17 PM

I AM ONLY FOLLOWING THE WISHES OF MY PATIENT, DENNIS WANTS TO BE LEFT ALONE AT THIS TIME.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
I AM ONLY FOLLOWING THE WISHES OF MY PATIENT, DENNIS WANTS TO BE LEFT ALONE AT THIS TIME.

We only have your word on that. Nothing from Dennis through a "friend" or an independent source.........let FDT visit him for 15 minutes........

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 12:26 PM

Janene

Dennis is not your patient.

You've crossed over a line, compromised your ethics, both personal and more importantly, professional.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
bajafam
Senior Nomad

Mood: DLTBGYD

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 12:32 PM

DENNIS ~ I am replacing my avi for you until you are back on the board. I've had a crummy feeling about all this for a while, but have restrained myself from commenting. I hope the dread in my craw is unsubstantiated.
Get well soon...

Check out our travel blog @
http://thefamvangurp.blogspot.com

Scentsy!! Because real life is smelly. https://itsamightysmellyworld.scentsy.us

Check out my latest article ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-eyeliner/

The cookbooks essential to Baja Trippin' ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-mexican-cookbooks/
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 12:34 PM

Quote:

WTF is wrong with you? i sense a bad ending to this drama. only problem, someone's life is at stake!

i'm sure he'll want all of his friends as soon as you run away with his $ and power of attorney. you've lost any credibility i wrongly associated with your intentions.

where is the stylus? why doesn't Dennis post up a hello?

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 12:42 PM

Dennis,
We all cannot wait to hear from you either directly or through some other people----we hope you are getting better and all is OK.

Janene, you could quickly be removed from suspicion if you let a couple of people visit Dennis.

I understand that if Dennis wants to be left alone right now, that is his decision and understandable. However, if just one other person like Doug, or FDT or someone else was to visit you could tell Dennis why it is important. His friends just want to know that he is OK and that what is happening is HIS choice and that he is not being taken to the cleaners.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

exclamation.gif posted on 6-26-2012 at 12:54 PM

Quote:

now is he your "patient?"

:?::?:

:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  27

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.