Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  42
Author: Subject: What Is West Baja walk
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:00 PM

10 miles per day no big deal, most long hikers start with 10 mile goal per day after the second week mileage will increases almost daily. I know guys that were walking 30 miles a day on the PCT by the time they got to OR and WA. While doing the JMT and the High Sierra trail We were clicking off 15 -18 miles days buy the end.
I would love to freeload my way down the Baja Coast. With a surfboard, even better.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
......it's looking like this trip has more for the 'free-loader's guide to Baja',,,than NationalG:lol:

...sooo,,,back to the (sub)-topic........
.........what makes this an epic adventure,,worthy of filming & funding??:?:

.......'''oh,oh!!...we got blisters 'cuase we didn't know to actually -use- our boots before we embarked on this splendid sortie,,,,,,but then another nomad came along and -saved- us with another meal and cervesa's and place to stay,,,thank heavens'':biggrin::biggrin:

...........actually methinks they were -expecting- and preparing for more challenges than they've gotten so far,,investing in that de-salinator is an indicator of that,,and who knows if they were aware of the generosityof nomads and isolated natives??

[Edited on 3-4-2013 by micah202]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:07 PM

Man....you guys are a tough crowd. :wow:
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Well I guess then no one can measure up to your qualifications!!

......don't need to,,,,each person makes their own on this fine planet:yes:!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:14 PM

Dennis, it's no use arguing with these guys...they are just miserable.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:16 PM

Quote:

......you just don't -get- it!!:yawn::yawn:

,,,,,as I said above.........''actually methinks they were -expecting- and preparing for more challenges than they've gotten so far,,investing in that de-salinator is an indicator of that,,and who knows if they were aware of the generosityof nomads and isolated natives??''

...........do you think -they- really beleive they're cutting nationalG material,,,,-yet-??????????

....don't be such an appologist and open your eyes!

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:20 PM

Doc, we are NOT miserable...just pointing out the facts of this thing...No one is arguing except you....You are pompous enough to ask for OUR qualifications?..This isnt about us...its about them Get over your self...

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:25 PM

Quote:

I'm not arguing with them. As you may recall, I voiced some negativity when all this first started, but seeing the ambulatory fiesta they seem to have turned it into, kinda puts the venture in it's proper place....for me anyway.
It's hard to imagine this will ever be presented as an NG Epic Adventure....more like "Two guys having a memorable time on the road in Baja."
Kerouac would be proud of their efforts, so why can't I be the same?
TampicoTrauma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:26 PM

I hate to be falling on the side of the argumentative... But don't you think it would be good to have some survival and/or EMT training going into this?

And maybe a first aid kit... And maybe a pocket pole to go along with the hand line?
TampicoTrauma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:31 PM

And maybe to have broken out the desal pump to make sure it worked!!!
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TampicoTrauma
I hate to be falling on the side of the argumentative... But don't you think it would be good to have some survival and/or EMT training going into this?

And maybe a first aid kit... And maybe a pocket pole to go along with the hand line?

Havent you ever watched a native use a hand line and the neck of a beer bottle as a rod and reel.
It's really cool. :cool::cool:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:34 PM

i refuse to be miserable!:spingrin:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
i refuse to be miserable!:spingrin:

It takes too much effort to really be good at it. :biggrin:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:38 PM

I am not referring to you...I am referring that it is not worth it for me to be arguing with these guys here. I think the photos have been quite stunning so far, and as old as we all are here why not give some encouragement? I guess that is too much to ask. Dennis, you were all for the old couple that started out in the middle of summer with the guy being 60 pounds overweight with blisters on his feet, every foot they walked was applauded and they stopped frequently for beers and tacos. I was against it because they were in bad health and the heat could have given the guy a stroke or heart attack at any minute. I think any exercise anyone does these days is great...I'd like to hear more about Chuckie's business, 78 years old and hiking all that distance...that's great Chuckie!! Or maybe Micah could contribute on some of his past adventures, let's make this board a positive thing!!
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

I'm not arguing with them. As you may recall, I voiced some negativity when all this first started, but seeing the ambulatory fiesta they seem to have turned it into, kinda puts the venture in it's proper place....for me anyway.
It's hard to imagine this will ever be presented as an NG Epic Adventure....more like "Two guys having a memorable time on the road in Baja."
Kerouac would be proud of their efforts, so why can't I be the same?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:39 PM

I tried once, and then I divorced her...

TampicoTrauma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Quote:
Originally posted by TampicoTrauma

Yea.. They don't have a bottle... Nor a pot to pee in...

[Edited on 3-4-2013 by TampicoTrauma]
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:56 PM

...'doctor'......do you know how to read???....

.....fromabove......
'''......you just don't -get- it!!.... 'actually methinks they were -expecting- and preparing for more challenges than they've gotten so far,,investing in that de-salinator is an indicator of that,,and who knows if they were aware of the generosityof nomads and isolated natives??''

...........do you think -they- really beleive they're cutting nationalG material,,,,-yet-??????????

.........there's a difference between being poly-anna positive about a -nothing- adventure,,,,and being -REAL-!!!:wow:

...........will they be hiking across the peninsula following the highway??????:o:o:o

TampicoTrauma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 05:59 PM

Ya know...

All I'm saying is that this is some of the nastiest country that probably exists in Baja...

It's the last frontier...

I've been there.. I've seen it... You go prepared...

Or don't go...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Dennis, you were all for the old couple that started out in the middle of summer with the guy being 60 pounds overweight with blisters on his feet,

No. I wasn't. I thought their plan was ludicrous.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

lol.gif posted on 3-3-2013 at 06:47 PM

At least we agree on something!!
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Dennis, you were all for the old couple that started out in the middle of summer with the guy being 60 pounds overweight with blisters on his feet,

No. I wasn't. I thought their plan was ludicrous.
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  42

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.