Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2013 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
I regret now we didn't carry a stack with us.

Good try anyway, Marla.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2013 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Sad to report that Gary is ...

Blanca,

Not that I don't appreciate the updates, as I'm sure it's safe to say most all of us do, I wanted to ask one favor. Please don't start your reports with the above quote. It caught my breath, gave my heart a start! When I started reading, "Sad to report that Gary is...." my mind instantly went to "not with us anymore", and worse.

Nothing personal, like I said, thanks for everything you've done. Thanks to all the others as well.

I'm still hoping for a "Happy to report that Gary is..." kind of ending.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2013 at 07:21 PM

I think several Nomads have really helped in this search. Good humans for sure....................

24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 9-28-2013 at 08:07 PM

We drove thru from Tijuana to Bahia De Los Angeles on Sep 25 & 26, looking at each car, town and stop, we did not see anyone or any vehicle matching the description. Will keep our eyes open in LA BAY, and on the way home in two weeks. Let us know if we can help in LA BAY area. Connie & Brett
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2013 at 10:30 AM

Good point Paulina...I was just so disappointed and was venting, but you are so right. Sorry!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 12:36 PM

I hate to say this, but I have seen four or five individuals (men) tourists and ex-pats suffer horrid attacks of Alzheimer's down here and literally get utterly confused - dangerously so. I am not suggesting this is what happened but rather trying to encourage keeping an open mind as to causes and effects.

The U.S. Consulate in Tijuana can and will contact the US embassy in México who will in turn twist the proper knobs and access the TEC 2 CPB database showing if that license plate has re-entered the US through a POE. Either it has or it hasn't.

It sure would help to know.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 07:32 AM

Has anyone talked to the family? I'm surprised they have not posted and filled us in on what they did while down here.

I know this is a personal "family thing" and very hard to swallow when a loved one is missing but they were the people who asked for help and now we are kept in the dark. I guess if they didn't post then that is a good thing but it sure would be nice to hear from them.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 08:16 AM

Their last post was on 9-27, page 15.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 08:22 AM

I know it has been four days TW but a report on who they talked with and what they did would be a benefit for others so paths don't get crossed.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 09:03 AM

Good morningmall, there was a sighting of a vehicle matching Gary's in k
La Chorera.

Can someone tell me where La chorera is?

The family that came down, brother and sister to Gary, do not use computers. True to form, Gary does not either. They dropped off flyers at every destination they were at. They went and checked out the abandoned and stripped car on the beach.....and came up with nada.

Next on the agenda is newspapers and today I will get the info to the radio station from La Paz which all Mexicans in this neck of the woods tune into in the mornings.

Thanks all for keeping eyes and ears peeled.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 09:09 AM

Thanks Blanca!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
The family that came down, brother and sister to Gary, do not use computers. True to form, Gary does not either.

perhaps they can phone in their reports to one of the many people that do use computers, for posting here :light:

where are they focusing search this week?
bigjohn
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 09:11 AM

La Chorera - In the San Quentin area I believe.

[Edited on 10-1-2013 by bigjohn]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 09:12 AM

Quote:

Can someone tell me where La chorera is?

As with every other place name down here, there's always more than one, but:

http://www.nuestro-mexico.com/Baja-California/Ensenada/Areas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3y5zrsauQc

http://mexico.pueblosamerica.com/foto/campo-la-chorera

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BFS
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 09:45 AM

I know it is a long shot but I have put up posters around town here in Todos Santos. You never know.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 10:16 AM

thanks for the above links, Dennis.

You are welcome, LL

SFS, that is precisely perfect! You just never know.

DavidE ...eggzactly eggzukely eggsuckly ... He may simply be fine and dandy and hangin out somewhere fine. Or confused. The bro and sis had to go back to real life but the rest of the family, computer savvy, are persuing other avenues: the announcement will be made over the radio, hopefully tomorrow, and I requested the info be announced in Baja Norte radio too. Newspapers that you gave leads to. And I sent the. Links to online newsfeeds from Todo santos and La Paz area. If there is a local link for San Quintin area, could someone please post it here.

You know what? I just realized we should put the flyer in the Gringo Gazette. I forget about this paper since we cant get it here.....

Come visit La Bocana

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 10:19 AM

Any system in place to alert the authorities if his vehicle crosses into US?

It was discussed, though unclear if it was put in place.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Any system in place to alert the authorities if his vehicle crosses into US?

It was discussed, though unclear if it was put in place.

If Gary and the vehicle were entered as a missing/endangered person into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), the CBP guy in the booth would get a "hit" on the license plate........

However, since we do not know when the the missing report was filed, and the (remote) possibility that Gary reentered the US before the missing report was filed, it is important that the agency taking the missing persons report to do an NCIC Off-Line Search. This search would indicate if there were any law enforcement contacts before the M/P report was filed.

SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 03:11 PM

Thank you Blanca for your continuous support and many thanks to numerous posts that have been made in Gary's behalf from other subscribers. We contacted the Gringo Gazette today and they agreed to run his flyer in their paper. We have another family group that will return next week. We are in constant touch with the US Embassy and the Westminster Police Department in California. We are striving to do everything possible to locate Gary. Thank you again, the Patton Family
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigjohn
La Chorera - In the San Quentin area I believe.

[Edited on 10-1-2013 by bigjohn]

See it on the Pacific coast, west of the bay... BajaGringo (of TalkBaja.com) lives there...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.