BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Yesterday I saw an illegal wearing jeans and Tevas

How did you establish he was illegal?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by irenemm
My 17 year old granddaughter born in Ensenada and has lived her whole life in Vicente Guerrero sums it up for me. She does have a green card.
If you did not do anything wrong what is the problem. If they ask me for papers and I have them what is the problem. If I don't have them then I guess I am breaking the law. You pay the price for breaking the law
I like her thinking
Just 17

BRAVO! SHE'S A GENIOUS! SAYS IT ALL...

(No matter how many times anyone tells Goat and Jesse that there is no random stopping of Mexican looking people in this bill, they continue to say it does... So, as long as you believe a lie then you can never be satisfied with the facts: In the process of questioning someone for ANOTHER reason/ like being drunk in public/ they can now ask for documentation IF they don't have a Arizona drivers license or U.S. issued ID.)

It's so easy, even a caveman can do it (figure it out)! :lol::light:

Close the thread Doug, before any more amigos turn into enemies over this!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalou

But Barry, what criteria do you use to decide that someone driving down the road or walking down the street "might" be guilty of being in the US illegally? What constitutes "Suspicious behavior"? I think that's the crux of a lot of the arguments.

The criteria isn't as capricious as many here are concerned about. There are legal cases that establish the precednt and therefore the ciriteria. One of them (aging memor ytime here) is Tarry vs something, because it gave rise to the name "tarry stop". Most law enforcement officers are very well trained in the criteria.
Some are immediately going to yell, "they will profile anyway". I'm not going to deny that possibility. If it happens, suits will be brought, cops will be fired and lose their pensions and the law might even be struck down, depending on the court. The Feds, if they can demonstrate standing may challenge the state's right to implement the law at all. That challenge would most likely have nothing to do with race and could have more far reaching consequences.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
My 17 year old granddaughter born in Ensenada and has lived her whole life in Vicente Guerrero sums it up for me. She does have a green card.
If you did not do anything wrong what is the problem. If they ask me for papers and I have them what is the problem. If I don't have them then I guess I am breaking the law. You pay the price for breaking the law
I like her thinking
Just 17

(No matter how many times anyone tells Goat and Jesse that there is no random stopping of Mexican looking people in this bill, they continue to say it does... So, as long as you believe a lie then you can never be satisfied with the facts: In the process of questioning someone for ANOTHER reason/ like being drunk in public/ they can now ask for documentation IF they don't have a Arizona drivers license or U.S. issued ID.)

Just because you claim or believe there will be no random stops, it doesn't mean its true. This law was created using very vague words like "lawful contact", "reasonable doubt", and this was done in purpose. Why didn't they use very clear guidelines and words to explain it?

You claim they can't just stop you randomly, then why didn't they just write that on the bill? and avoid such mess?

You know exactly why, but your ignoring it.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:38 PM

Quote:

No No No...........Please don't close it before Goat has a chance to tell us what acceptable profiling method he used to establish that a man on the street was illegal. His technique may be what we need to solve this issue.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:39 PM
too many U2Us asking me to re-post this

here so.....from Off TOPIC newz....

finally AZ does the RIGHT thing!!
be legal or get out.
stop looting our social services. stop sending money out of the country - about $28 BILLION a year.

the denouncers have their facts WRONG and need to read the law - cops cannot profile or make random stops - it's not a gestapo deal - they have to have probable cause and then can inquire if they have a proper ID which can be a DL or a gov't issued one.
that's it - if you cannot prove reasonable circumstance of citizenship or OTHER legal means of presence like visitors visa etc - you get hauled off!!
the feds refuse to watch our border - AZ takes the upper hand. one rancher murdered is one too many. :fire::mad:

thx good people of Nomadlandia...
we know we are RIGHT in this...

ok, back to the news - Shakira is on!! wow is she smart! she has a news conference here in Phx... did she go to the University of P.O. Box 2000?? but in Columbia??:light:
oh wait...now she is tearing up...if i was holding a concert ticket i'd be tearing it up!!:lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Quote:
I like her thinking
Just 17

Just because you claim or believe there will be no random stops, it doesn't mean its true. This law was created using very vague words like "lawful contact", "reasonable doubt", and this was done in purpose. Why didn't they use very clear guidelines and words to explain it?

You claim they can't just stop you randomly, then why didn't they just write that on the bill? and avoid such mess?

It's like a "so what?", Jesse... Police in Mexico and maybe here pull over people that really didn't do something... STILL, IF YOU ARE NOT ILLEGALLY IN ARIZONA, what is bothering you? If you are not breaking the law, then you have NOTHING to fear... Same story for Mexican army checkpoints or the border or the police, anywhere.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:48 PM

Quote:

Most of our laws are written this way Jesse. Terms like lawful contact are defined and tested in a body of hundreds if not thousands of cases. Law Enforcement knows what it means.

oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

That's the point! :lol:
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like her thinking
Just 17

It's like a "so what?", Jesse... Police in Mexico and maybe here pull over people that really didn't do something... STILL, IF YOU ARE NOT ILLEGALLY IN ARIZONA, what is bothering you? If you are not breaking the law, then you have NOTHING to fear... Same story for Mexican army checkpoints or the border or the police, anywhere.

For all of those that support this law, i would love to see your reactions, if Baja created a law, where cops in any legal contact, and with reasonable suspicion, could ask you for your papers, and if you didn't have them, you would be hold until your immigration status was determined.

Do you sincerely think i am such an idiot to believe the cops would ask for their immigration papers, to the same numbers of Mexicans than whites?

Would you like to live in such state?

You would all be gathering up and treatening with selling your homes, and crippling tourism at the very least.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:

well, he was speaking spanish and wearing a UCLA t-shirt :lol:
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:27 PM

It's what we call a "loaded" question because you have already decided that law is racially motivated.
For some of us it isn't a matter of supporting the law or not supporting the law.
We are interpreting its purpose differently.

I don't think you are an idiot. It is extremely rare when a cop has lawful contact with an individual (assuming it is a non violent apprehension) that the first words out of the cops mouth aren't "may I see your id?" depending. If a white person produces a valid US drivers' license, it not likely they will ask for immigration papers. But if white, don't have a drivers license, don't understand English, guarantee you they will ask for immigration docs. especially if they are white...think about it.
Hey, I get asked for my passport and/or visa all the time here. Don't think a thing about it.

[Edited on 4-30-2010 by oldlady]

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:27 PM

I just read that the Democrats are ready to introduce immigration reform that includes picture SSI cards with biometric information that will be impossible to forge. I wonder how long it will take the Republicans to come out against it?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
For all of those that support this law, i would love to see your reactions, if Baja created a law, where cops in any legal contact, and with reasonable suspicion, could ask you for your papers, and if you didn't have them, you would be hold until your immigration status was determined.

It happened to me. Somebody wanted me out of here. They made a phone call to somebody who knows somebody and I was picked up by the local police. I had no papers at the time so they held me for three days, turned me over to immigration and I was deported.
The reason used by the head of immigration was that I'm an activist. Since I had no idea what they were talking about, I asked what type of activist, they said, "I don't know."
I guess it would have been futile to try a discussion of law and probable cause with them, but they were right. I was illegal and I was out the door.
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:35 PM

How active were you? Enquiring minds.....

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:

It happened to me. Somebody wanted me out of here. They made a phone call to somebody who knows somebody and I was picked up by the local police. I had no papers at the time so they held me for three days, turned me over to immigration and I was deported.
The reason used by the head of immigration was that I'm an activist. Since I had no idea what they were talking about, I asked what type of activist, they said, "I don't know."
I guess it would have been futile to try a discussion of law and probable cause with them, but they were right. I was illegal and I was out the door.

Someone reported you, i don't have a problem with someone reporting an illegal Mexican in Arizona. A whole different thing would be if a local cop arrested you out of "reasonable doubt" that you where here illegally, i would not be in support of such a thing down here.

oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:47 PM

Nah....this "reasonable suspicion" thing. like any law, isn't perfect. Having civilians reporting people soley because they are illegal, or an activist and illegal, isn't the direction any one (exceot the real nut cases) wants to go in.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:49 PM

Quote:
Someone reported you, i don't have a problem with someone reporting an illegal Mexican in Arizona.

That's funny. Report it to whom?
Jesse...talking with you on this issue is like talking to the wall. Your mind is made up, even in the face of strong arguement.
Boycott Arizona. I couldn't care less.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Someone reported you, i don't have a problem with someone reporting an illegal Mexican in Arizona.

That's funny. Report it to whom?
Jesse...talking with you on this issue is like talking to the wall. Your mind is made up, even in the face of strong arguement.
Boycott Arizona. I couldn't care less.

I read nothing strong about your argument.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2010 at 06:58 PM

Quote:

I read nothing strong about your argument.

I wasn't arguing.....just telling a story about something you said wouldn't happen.
Others here have presented point after point that you and others in your camp won't acknowledge. That's the problem with internet debate. It turns blind stupidity into a technique.
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.