Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
astrobaja
Senior Nomad

Mood: beam me up

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:08 AM

Dan thanks for that! Also about "becoming the victim", my Wife and I talked at length that nothing we have(possesions) is worth dying for! Ron walked into a horrible situation. I'm sure if he hesitated for a second to size up the situation things could have turned out differently. The house where the theives were was not occupied at the time. Just wish he had called the cops instead! Things can be replaced lives cannot! Makes you think very hard about what fights are really worth it! Obviously if a loved ones or freinds life is in peril its all different. Crap can go down in such a split second. For gods sake people lets all think twice if we are ever in a bad situation!

\"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened\"

Douglas Adams

our website: http://bajadarkskies.com
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:08 AM

Thanks for the report this morning.

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Thanks Dan......I was going to head up there, but I won't.
Good job on the brother link. I think, when I go there, I'll be a brother too.

Hospitals know this routine, and they usually accept it.
I did this for a dear friend and pulled it off.
She's from China. I'm not. They saw the ruse, and graciously went with it.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
MikeYounghusband
Nomad

Mood: Always ready for more

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:10 AM

I for one thank you for pretending to be his brother and obtaining that information. Posting it is the only right thing to do. The power of prayer is stronger than most anything else we can do now. Please keep us updated.
Thank you agian and God be with them.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:11 AM

lizard lips...thanks so much for the report albeit a grim one and you are indeed an excellent brother...ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I am glad there is a nurse there for security reasons...we look forward to a doctors report.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
measomsan
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:11 AM

I suggest if you are looking out for your neighbors house carry a air horn. If you see there is someone over there start blowing that sucker, Your going to be out numbered. You are not allowed wepons. But a loud sound will upset the rats and they will run.

My prayers are with this family, my other thoughts are people need to learn from this. We have a house in Cabo, we look out for each other there. Be safe people
baronvonbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:17 AM

Does anybody have the real facts of what happened? How they were discovered? How the perpetrators were caught?
Who they were, local etc....
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
I just returned from Hospital Del Carmen and when I entered through the emergency entrance I was asked what I wanted. I told this person I was the brother of Ron Hoff and wanted to see him. I was taken to the ICU section, close to the emergency room, where Ron is in a double room, by himself and a nurse is on duty 24 hours just for him in the room. This was at 7:00 a.m.

Ron is hooked up to a ventilator and is not breathing on his own. He is also kept in a unconscious state, according to the nurse. The nurse said that when he did open his eyes he would be in a combative state so that was the reason.

Ron was lying on his back with his shirt off hooked up to at least 5 different IV's. I did not see any wounds however the nurse said the back of his head suffered trauma. The nurse said Ron's doctor would visit him in an hour and if I wanted to wait I could ask more questions to him.

I was only with him for a few minutes and he does not look good. Anytime you are not breathing on your own due to head trauma is very serious.

I do not know the condition of his wife or if she is at Carmen. I didn't ask. After seeing Ron I was in no condition to ask any further questions.

I was not going to post this. Some of you probably think my actions of lying about being his brother and posting his condition as I see it is intrusive and I will be the first one to say that it is but there are so many of us that want the best for him and his wife and I wanted to let you know that if you believe in the power of prayer then get on it.

As far as what happened to him..... Please, Please do not get involved in something like trying to help a neighbor, friend or someone you do not know being robbed. I don't know the circumstances with Ron's situation or what happened where he lived but the best thing you can do is to document license plate numbers, photographs, etc and call the police. If you are approached by a robber, GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS!!!!! I hate to say it but this is a perfect example of trying to help someone and you end up being the victim.

I will return to the hospital later in the day and see if there is any improvement.

Well if I were not so far away I think I would have been his sister, brother....or any family member I needed to be to get information, as most of us wood. Good job Lizard Lips.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

Quote:
Originally posted by measomsan
But a loud sound will upset the rats and they will run.

I believe most of these rats have been caught and they don't sound like the type that would run away from an air-horn.

Your ideas are good though.

I think, when the time comes, we will all have to reconsider a "life before law" policy for ourselves.
More later.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:24 AM

I'm stunned - I'm praying.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baja1943
Dennis, why don't you drive over there and get a first hand report. It hasn't even been established if Ron is conscience or not. Two pints or liters of blood, depending on the source, for a head injury is very curious.

I'm staying out of the way for a while. Seems others are doing all that can be done.
If the need for details comes up, I'll take Dra. Janene with me and she will get answers. Believe me...she will. :fire:
measomsan
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:33 AM

Sadly and as much as I love Cabo, it is hard to defend one's self while in country. Our houses are fairly close to each other and a very large number of folks live there year round. We only have issues when new homes are built and they see nothing going on in a house for some time. I understand they were snatched up, but i would not be suprised if the release will not take long either. Just peees me off..Sorry for the language
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:41 AM

Getting the whole family ready now in order to head over to the hospital to see if we can get any news...hang in there you guys

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:45 AM

u2u Sirena and Shari

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:47 AM

Thanks very much for the update lips... can only repeat what many have already said... a friend... both are special... and pray for their swift recovery ... God bless...... A thought from Ron.. as he can always say it much better than I

Ron Hoff

Post this on your wall for just an hour, please...Heavenly Father, walk through my home and take away all my worries and any illnesses. Please watch over and heal my family and friends. Bless my home, family, and friends with Peace, Love, and Joy in Jesus' name. Amen. This prayer is so powerful. Please stop what you're doing and post this as your status. Watch what He'll do. With God all things are possible! Believe It My Friends : )

and BACK at YA... BIg time !!!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 09:04 AM

I am standing by praying for good news on Ron and Cristina... Thanks everyone... Dan (Lizard Lips), that was awesome and you have permission to be my brother in any emergency I have!

I have talked with Doug (Baja Nomad) on the phone yesterday and told him that if he hears of a need, I could drive down with him or another Nomad to San Quintin, if help or whatever is needed...

It seems there are enough Nomads helping and available nearby, but I am only 50 miles from the border.

The energy of our combined prayers and well wishes is focused on Ron and Cristina, thanks to this forum.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 09:14 AM

Heavenly Father, walk through my home and take away all my worries and any illnesses. Please watch over and heal my family and friends. Bless my home, family, and friends with Peace, Love, and Joy in Jesus' name.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 09:18 AM

-------"air horns" DO upset and scare "rats" (of all kinds)----that is an excellent idea since firearms are not allowed. :rolleyes: I carry a mechete.

So far the crime here is "attempted murder", and all 7 are guilty-----if any are "released" then there is something grossly wrong with the legal system in Mexico, and I would think about that long and hard.

My prayers and compassion go out to Ron and his wife---this is just devastating!!!!

Barry
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 09:28 AM

Good job Lizard lips. It's hard to make a determination of Ron's condition based on what you saw. He could be unconscious from his head injury which may have also impacted the part of the brain that stimulates him to breathe and required the insertion of a tube and a ventilator.

Or, they are assuming (since they have no scanning equipment to visualize the condition of his brain) that he has intracranial swelling and /or bleeding and have giving him medication to keep him unconscious to keep him "quiet" to try and keep the pressure on his brain from increasing. The medication that "puts you to sleep" also causes your breathing to slow down and you can stop breathing all together, so the breathing tube may be in place to counteract the respiratory effects of the medication.

Combativeness can indicate brain injury but you can't tell the whole picture. A conscious person will not tolerate a breathing tube because it causes a severe gag reflex. If Ron woke up with the breathing tube in place, he'd fight like hell to yank it out, and so they probably re-medicated him with sedation so he would tolerate the tube.

Thank you Dennis, and please tell Dra Janeen thank you for her involvement. I'd love to have her on my team if we ever needed an advocate!

I'm biting my tongue and won't post any more medical treatment opinions because the ball is in Ron's daughters court. I'm not going to check the thread any more (too frustrating) so please send a u2u and I'll get an email if
funds are being collected for his or Cristina's transfer.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
Thank you Dennis, and please tell Dra Janeen thank you for her involvement. I'd love to have her on my team if we ever needed an advocate!

Maybe we can get her on the Nomad team for future events. [for lack of a better word]

Quote:

I'm biting my tongue and won't post any more medical treatment opinions

I wish you would reconsider. So far, your educated opinions are all we can rely on and I'm sure you will see any inconsistancies should they come up.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
that is an excellent idea since firearms are not allowed. :rolleyes:

Well....you've seen what the US did when another 9/11 went bad. They dropped everything and got prepared.
We have to do the same. Like I just said in another post..."Life before law." We can only help ourselves 'cause no one else will do it for us.
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.