BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  31
Author: Subject: 'Double Wall Barrier' talk - Will GOP immigration rhetoric cost Latino votes?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 02:44 PM

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 02:53 PM

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan

BTW TW, you don't believe that the USA ranks 2nd worst in the world in wealth disparity? Look it up genius.
What is it with you right wingers? We recently passed corrupt Mexico on the way to 2nd place. Is this a problem of rank ignorance or voluntary hubris? Try not relying on your "hunches" and start connecting with some reality and fact. How about a little independent study? Apparantly, that wouldn't hurt you.

OK you want facts here they are. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_income_equ...
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 02:54 PM

TW, I am not disputing the objective facts that you cited, I haven't verified them either, but for the moment, I won't dispute them. What I will say is that you haven't supplied nearly enough info nor have you integrated your scant stats to even modestly prove or build a sufficient case. You have a stat here , and a stat there, but, come on, do you really think that you have actually built a tight comprehensive indisputable case? In fact, have you ever formally briefed a case?

[Edited on 10-30-2011 by MitchMan]
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 02:59 PM

TW, my comment that you quoted was with regard to WEALTH disparity, not INCOME disparity. You got the wrong GINI coefficient.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:06 PM

Good one, Goat.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Quote:

BTW TW, you don't believe that the USA ranks 2nd worst in the world in wealth disparity? Look it up genius.
What is it with you right wingers? We recently passed corrupt Mexico on the way to 2nd place. Is this a problem of rank ignorance or voluntary hubris? Try not relying on your "hunches" and start connecting with some reality and fact. How about a little independent study? Apparantly, that wouldn't hurt you.

OK you want facts here they are. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_income_equ...

tw:
that looks pretty bad. based on comparing upper 10% to lower 10%, every major western country has income disparity lower than USA. the only countries with higher income disparity are undeveloped countries, autocratic regimes, and countries with teeming masses of poverty and disenfrachised:
Côte d'Ivoire
Uganda
Iran
Jamaica
Singapore
Hong Kong
Nigeria
Rwanda
Mozambique
Venezuela
Guinea-Bissau
Madagascar
Burundi
Uruguay
The Gambia
China (PRC)
Mexico
Zimbabwe
Malaysia
Costa Rica
Papua New Guinea
Swaziland
Dominican Republic
Peru
Chile
Nicaragua
Argentina
Zambia
South Africa
Guatemala
Ecuador
El Salvador
Paraguay
Brazil
Botswana
Niger
Panama
Haiti
Honduras
Colombia
Central African Republic
Sierra Leone
Bolivia
Lesotho
Namibia
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:08 PM

Wealth Income and Power.

http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Quote:

tw:
that looks pretty bad. based on comparing upper 10% to lower 10%, every major western country has income disparity lower than USA. the only countries with higher income disparity are undeveloped countries, autocratic regimes, and countries with teeming masses of poverty and disenfrachised:

He said the USA was #2 and for me look it up, I did and the truth be told the USA is not #2 or 3 or 4 or 20th etc. Mitchman lied.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
If the government would have stayed out of the way, then Madoff (entrepreneur extraordinaire) would still be working his magic. There is a valid place for government Barry.

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Fish-------to me the truth is that the Admin./Fed. has really very little it can do to help, other than stay out of the way. But they can hinder improvement by discouraging business, mostly small business, from moving ahead and hiring again (bla bla bla). This is what they have been doing, and you know all the reasons why that is true as I KNOW you have been listening. (more blaw, bla, bla)

Most of the Tea Party rally's here in Redding, Ca are small business people saying this exact same thing, many of them my friends.

Barry

Absolutely true, rt----------and I did not mean to imply otherwise. I (and the right) just want well thought out and necessary rules and laws put in place (which we mostly already have) and then vigorously enforced using reason, but not a threat of multible new rules and regs like the Admin has promised (and are coming), many not really run by the business community for input. Until we know the "rules of the road" we (business) will NOT invest and hire-----would you??? I don't know how many times the righties have to say this, but we will keep saying it until the folks quit saying that "the GOP wants no rules". What we want is an easing of the impending regulations, many of which will put a real damper on the economy moving ahead at the pace it normally does after a recession.

Junk like Madoff will always happen, but should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law (which it was). You don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, and bring much to a grinding halt, or slowdown like now.

Lordy, I feel like a parrot------repeating myself over and over and over-----------------ad nauseum, but I guess that is the only way.

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:24 PM
income inequality map view

From the Atlantic (yes, liberal media that presents unvarnished truth)

Viewed comparatively, U.S. income inequality is even worse than you might expect. Perfect comparisons across the world's hundred-plus economies would be impossible -- standards of living, the price of staples, social services, and other variables all mean that relative poverty feels very different from one country to another. But, in absolute terms, the gulf between rich and poor is still telling. Income inequality can be measured and compared using something called the Gini coefficient, a century-old formula that measures national economies on a scale from 0.00 to 0.50, with 0.50 being the most unequal. The Gini coefficient is reliable enough that the CIA world factbook uses it. Here's a map of their data, with the most unequal countries in red and the most equal in green.

The U.S., in purple with a Gini coefficient of 0.450, ranks near the extreme end of the inequality scale. Looking for the other countries marked in purple gives you a quick sense of countries with comparable income inequality, and it's an unflattering list: Cameroon, Madagascar, Rwanda, Uganda, Ecuador. A number are currently embroiled in or just emerging from deeply destabilizing conflicts, some of them linked to income inequality: Mexico, Côte d'Ivoire, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Serbia.

[Edited on 10-30-2011 by mtgoat666]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
If the government would have stayed out of the way, then Madoff (entrepreneur extraordinaire) would still be working his magic. There is a valid place for government Barry.

Quote:
Fish-------to me the truth is that the Admin./Fed. has really very little it can do to help, other than stay out of the way. But they can hinder improvement by discouraging business, mostly small business, from moving ahead and hiring again (bla bla bla). This is what they have been doing, and you know all the reasons why that is true as I KNOW you have been listening. (more blaw, bla, bla)

Most of the Tea Party rally's here in Redding, Ca are small business people saying this exact same thing, many of them my friends.

Barry

Absolutely true, rt----------and I did not mean to imply otherwise. I (and the right) just want well thought out and necessary rules and laws put in place (which we mostly already have) and then vigorously enforced using reason, but not a threat of multible new rules and regs like the Admin has promised (and are coming), many not really run by the business community for input. Until we know the "rules of the road" we (business) will NOT invest and hire-----would you??? I don't know how many times the righties have to say this, but we will keep saying it until the folks quit saying that "the GOP wants no rules". What we want is an easing of the impending regulations, many of which will put a real damper on the economy moving ahead at the pace it normally does after a recession.

Junk like Madoff will always happen, but should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law (which it was). You don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, and bring much to a grinding halt, or slowdown like now.

Lordy, I feel like a parrot------repeating myself over and over and over-----------------ad nauseum, but I guess that is the only way.

Barry

I see. You want rules and laws from our government, As long as they benefit yourself. "Well thought out" As you interpret it , right? (oops).
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:59 PM

TW, what are you talking about, which graph or stats are referring that shows me as a liar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_distributi...

Take a look at this link for the GINI coefficient for wealth. The USA is at the lower right of the page with a GINI cofefficient of .801 which is second to Switzerland at .803. Forgive me for excluding Zimbabwe at .845

2nd REminder, TW, talking about WEALTH disparity of the USA versus other countries of world, NOT INCOME disparity. Get it straight. Not at all sure what your are looking at.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 04:08 PM

The Latino's can vote for whomever they want. Obama? Why not. He's a loser. They've been voting for losers for more generations than I can count.:D
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 04:19 PM

No, McCain, Palin, and the Republican party are losers.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Barry

Barry

I see. You want rules and laws from our government, As long as they benefit yourself. "Well thought out" As you interpret it , right? (oops).

Yep, but leave out the "benefit myself" part as I am not a small business man-------I am retired 15 years now. But yes, I would benefit second hand (as everybody will) when the economy takes off as I do invest in Corporations that will soar.

Barry
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 04:58 PM

Quote:

and because they lost in 2008, we ALL lost now!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Silly!:biggrin:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
The Latino's can vote for whomever they want. Obama? Why not. He's a loser. They've been voting for losers for more generations than I can count.:D

well, due to policies of whites like you, cypress, us latinos could not vote in most states until just 2 or 3 generations ago.

can you count to 3?
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.But yes, I would benefit second hand (as everybody will) when the economy takes off as I do invest in Corporations that will soar.

Barry

Barry, if you are not interested in substantiating your political and social views with facts and stats, why don't you school me in how to make 14% ROI in the stock market as you say you do? I'm always looking for a way to make an easy buck! :light: Then I would teach the bottom 40% how to do the same thing. What better way to improve their life? Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for life.
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  31

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.