Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  42
Author: Subject: What Is West Baja walk
TampicoTrauma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 06:53 PM

I got one last point...

Anyone looked at the pack of food that they were going to carry into the "Last Frontier"?

There's a jar of peanut butter, jelly and a quart bag of granola and four bananas...

How long do two guys hiking 10 miles a day go on that? Two three days maybe?

If they are not being resupplied every other day (food & water) something really doesn't ring true...
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 06:54 PM

If National Geographic wanted professionals like you to show the world how to really travel Baja, they would have had to pay the big bucks or at least minimum wage. These guys are getting $6 a day to eat...
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
...'doctor'......do you know how to read???....

.....fromabove......
'''......you just don't -get- it!!.... 'actually methinks they were -expecting- and preparing for more challenges than they've gotten so far,,investing in that de-salinator is an indicator of that,,and who knows if they were aware of the generosityof nomads and isolated natives??''

...........do you think -they- really beleive they're cutting nationalG material,,,,-yet-??????????

.........there's a difference between being poly-anna positive about a -nothing- adventure,,,,and being -REAL-!!!:wow:

...........will they be hiking across the peninsula following the highway??????:o:o:o

[Edited on 3-4-2013 by micah202]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 07:00 PM

People let them have their fun and be Nomads... We all should be so lucky!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TampicoTrauma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 07:09 PM

Veritas...

I need truth...

I hate BS...

And if that's what this forum is all about then I've got other places to be...

And it's $8 a day...

I make a hell of a lot more than that being an engineer... Doctor!
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 07:14 PM

..........boy,,yer sure seem to have a tough time with people who see things differently than you!!
...you asked for 'credentials',,I gave them to you,,,
,,,,,now you call me a 'pro'????/....wtf,,,I hope your 'patients' always agree with you,,,for their sake!!!:barf::barf::barf:

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
If National Geographic wanted professionals like you to show the world how to really travel Baja, they would have had to pay the big bucks or at least minimum wage. These guys are getting $6 a day to eat...
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
...'doctor'......do you know how to read???....

.....fromabove......
'''......you just don't -get- it!!.... 'actually methinks they were -expecting- and preparing for more challenges than they've gotten so far,,investing in that de-salinator is an indicator of that,,and who knows if they were aware of the generosityof nomads and isolated natives??''

...........do you think -they- really beleive they're cutting nationalG material,,,,-yet-??????????

.........there's a difference between being poly-anna positive about a -nothing- adventure,,,,and being -REAL-!!!:wow:

...........will they be hiking across the peninsula following the highway??????:o:o:o

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Dennis, it's no use arguing with these guys...they are just miserable.

Sounds like you and Dennis are getting along rather well. Whodathunk?;D

Ken

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Sounds like you and Dennis are getting along rather well. Whodathunk?;D

Ken

Well...aside from that, what is going on today? Between this thread and another, people are tearing out each other's throats.
Is it the water?
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 08:05 PM

Hahaha...alright folks....no need to get at each others throats. This is all about fun and adventure in Baja!

Having helped the guys get geared up with their packs last week before we left Punta San Carlos, I can tell you that they had a lot of food and water with them...probably enough food to last them for at 10 least days.

That said, on Wednesday morning their packs were 60+ pounds each...the heaviest they have been on the trip so far. Throw in lots of hills, steep ravines, lava rocks, rough trails and 10 miles will easily will feel like 20. Our five mile journey (as the crow flies) last week was one of the hardest things I have ever done, and my pack was half the weight of theirs. I have run a handful of half marathons and they pale in comparison to how physically demanding this stretch of is.

There have been plenty of skeptics....and they address that in the interview that I will be posting shortly from our trip last week. They actually thrive on the fact that people don't think they can accomplish this journey, so keep it coming! Bottom line is, they are prepared and having a great time.

Tampico...Bryan is in fact a wilderness first responder and they are carrying first aid supplies with them.

[Edited on 3-4-2013 by BajaGeoff]

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 08:21 PM

Geez, which walker of Baja has done it with no help from other people, and turned down all offers of shelter and or food? Some looked for hand-outs from people who could not afford to give it, but did so anyway.

I know that they did not seek out having breakfast at my sister's home. My son saw where they were on their facebook page and suggested they stop and meet her. She loved meeting them and they certainly did not ask to be fed --- it was simply an episode of hospitality.

I look very forward to their film and stories about their adventure. I, for one, appreciate that they have been very upfront about what they are doing personally and commercially.

BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 10:08 AM

Here is yesterday's walk....they did about five miles...and looks like the day ended with a bit a of a climb.

[Edited on 3-4-2013 by BajaGeoff]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 10:20 AM

To compare with Mike Younghusband and Don-Kay's route:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 12:02 PM

''Here is yesterday's walk....they did about five miles...and looks like the day ended with a bit a of a climb. ''

''To compare with Mike Younghusband and Don-Kay's route:''

..........looks like both stopped and gazed the same view at peurto canoas,,,but who's to say what happened between the 'pings' for the boys. .......I'm betting -something-,,,with only 5 miles covered!!
....or maybe just a bit of surfing,,a stubbed tow,,and 2-3 fishcamp visits?!?:biggrin:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 12:25 PM

everybody is an arm chair adventurer. kudos to the boys for posting pics and speaking in hashtags so all us armchair adventurers can opine while we sip our c-cktails and clean our navels!
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
everybody is an arm chair adventurer. kudos to the boys for posting pics and speaking in hashtags so all us armchair adventurers can opine while we sip our c-cktails and clean our navels!

......yup!!
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 03:12 PM

Here is the video from our walk last week with the dudes. Enjoy!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 03:20 PM

Great video... ans specially the comments recorded in the morning, from minute 6 to the end.

Thanks Geoff.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 03:35 PM

Yeah Geoff! Gracias for the video. I for one will gladly embrace the pioneering and adventurous spirit of this video over the petty bickering that has been more than sporadic in this thread!!! Viva What is West!!!

TampicoTrauma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 07:37 PM

<i>Tampico...Bryan is in fact a wilderness first responder and they are carrying first aid supplies with them.</i>

A wilderness responder??? Whatever the ef that is!

He was eating dead crab parts off the beach... I don't know if you have ever gotten a flagellate intestinal infection before... But it's no fun...

I asked them both directly if they had any EMT or survival training and they both answered in the negatory...

Bryan responded that he could build a fire outta dried cow poop...

BIG PROBLEM!!! THERE ARE NO COWS DOWN THERE!!!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TampicoTrauma
<i>Tampico...Bryan is in fact a wilderness first responder and they are carrying first aid supplies with them.</i>

A wilderness responder??? Whatever the ef that is!

He was eating dead crab parts off the beach... I don't know if you have ever gotten a flagellate intestinal infection before... But it's no fun...

I asked them both directly if they had any EMT or survival training and they both answered in the negatory...

Bryan responded that he could build a fire outta dried cow poop...

BIG PROBLEM!!! THERE ARE NO COWS DOWN THERE!!!

Tapioca:
They will do fine even if they only got average common sense and no emt training. It's not rocket science.

P.s. what cred do you have?

P.p.s. was he really eating dead crab off the beach?

[Edited on 3-5-2013 by mtgoat666]
TampicoTrauma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 08:49 PM

Creds?

Know what? You're welcome to come on to Rancho Tampico and we can talk about "Creds"...

Really bothers me when people purport to be something that they are not... And are doing something that they are not...

These two "posers" come on saying that they are going to hike Baja... Without help or aid... And it's just a pant load...

They take advantage of the resources provided at someone else's expense and there's not word one about hospitality, food or accommodation... Not to mention beer and vodka!!! LOL...

Not a nod of the head or tip of the hat...

Sooooo... Go stick that in your cred box and stuff it!

Wish I'd never laid eyes on them now...
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  42

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.