Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  25
Author: Subject: Megadrought Predictions
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 08:30 AM

It is my understanding that the US Constitution as written and amended is considered to be the Model for the rest of the world Democracies, and many Countries have used it as a basis for writing their own version.

For me, my Family, and all my friends, the "best years" for us living under Capitalism in the USA have been the one's we have lived on a daily basis, up to lately. Things are looking pretty grim lately, at least for the Country, not for us personally.

It looks to me that the way the Progressives want to pay for all the "programs" they now have, and want to have, is mainly by taxing what they see as "the rich", the Corporations, and small business-------which is the very essence of Capitalism----in other words eroding away at the very Golden-Goose that made our standard of living and opportunity-for-all the envy of the World. There has got to be compromise on this well intentioned Progressive effort, and certainly a better way less we ruin the very system that has made ALL OF US (even the habitually poor) better off than before, and the beacon for millions to emulate or immigrate too.

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 08:31 AM

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 08:32 AM

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 08:40 AM

What was the topic of this thread? Oh yeah, Megadrought predictions!
For a moment I thought I had logged in to the 'Off topic' forum.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 08:41 AM

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 08:51 AM

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 09:00 AM

Since this thread has already drifted away from the original topic, here's some more trivia from the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/11/us/11-7-million-americans-...

The Obama administration said Tuesday that 11.7 million Americans now have private health insurance through federal and state marketplaces, with 86 percent of them receiving financial assistance from the federal government to help pay premiums.

Socialized medicine is finally here!
Student loan forgiveness is next!
Do we have enough producers to support this wonderful utopia?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 09:02 AM

Thanks goat for attempting to get back on topic with the humorous cartoons. Although judging from the above post, it may not work. Political opinions are tiresome. Same old stuff over and over again.

[Edited on 3-11-2015 by SFandH]
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Osprey  
I have a question. If a person moves to California do they automatically become members of The Haters Club? I think if I did move there (I can't, restraining order) it would take some time for me to get used to hating Republicans, Conservatives, Capitalists and anyone who wasn't born and raised in California. Or anyone (especially) like DK whose one and only curse is that he is not afraid to be open and honest about his feelings about a whole lot of subjects. Boy, if the 7,900 forum members who live in California, were born in California ever knew what I was thinking, I suppose I'd have to move to Tierra Del Fuego, go as far south as possible to get off their radars.

So I'm guessing that civil law having to ban you from California has nothing at all to do with your politics and everything to do with your behavior. Correct? How you have managed to turn a rational assessment of Republicans, Conservatives and Capitalists into a HATERS CLUB reminds me of the way the FOX talking heads have turned our efforts to keep the churches from using tax supported institutions to promote their religion into a "war on Christmas". Most of us find it easy to be proud of California. Ranked by GDP our free market system is about the same size as the entire country of Italy, our GDP is bigger than Russia or India. Californians pay WAY more money in federal taxes than we get back in federal benefits, it is exactly the opposite in the majority of "conservative voting" states. Far more of our population speaks more than one language than most any other state. We have several major seaports, many large highly ranked universities, and our agricultural production is greater than that of many red states combined. And, if you want to rub elbows with people who don't understand the Constitution, come to central northern California. The people there elected Wally Herger 26 years in a row, and that mental midget tried for years to get the Bible made the law of the land. (See: The Constitution Restoration Act.) This Californian doesn't hate conservatives, I am just stunned by their habit of voting against their own self interests, and their huge loathing for anyone who doesn't share their "feelings."

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 09:34 AM

Osprey, Calif Republican Haters? Not sure that is the correct
assessment,
we give them a little run once in a while,
then what do they do, elect some scholar like Schwarzenegger,
seems to me the guy in No San Diego would feel much
happier surrounded by like thinking folks in some place such
as the Carolinas, Ark., Oklahoma

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 09:37 AM

I don't think anything stuns Californians. The welfare condition is a serum that is shot into their veins like vaccines or vitamins at birth. The restraining order was a joke son, I joke a lot with people I meet who are leaving California (on their way to Texas) like it was on fire.
They are disillusioned. Too much of all that goodness in utopia can be overwhelming.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 10:02 AM

Osprey,
"Haters Club"? I guess there is more than one here....not just those a bit "left" here.....

It is such a childish term....and I know you are smarter than that.

On another note, it occurred to me that directing resentment to the poor is a great way to keep folks from focusing on the military budget and how it is draining the coffers.

Don't believe everything you think....
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Osprey,
"Haters Club"? I guess there is more than one here....not just those a bit "left" here.....

On another note, it occurred to me that directing resentment to the poor is a great way to keep folks from focusing on the military budget and how it is draining the coffers.

"-------directing resentment to the poor-----"??? What's THAT statement all about?? I don't "resent" the poor, but I do resent enabling and thereby encouraging people to stay poor!!!

The Military budget when maintained at adequate levels is what allows the US Govt. to do their Constitutional duty of protecting the Nation and it's people from their enemies.

Barry
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 10:21 AM

Osprey,

In fact Ged, this is the MO of the DK style of debate. Don't directly address the subject with any intelligent responses. Go off on a diatribe of the same old list of grievances that has always worked to distract from the topic at hand and will trigger your supporters who have the same list of grievances.

You'll see me respond very rarely, if you look back through this thread, I posted the USGS map of the past 108 years of depletion of our ground water reservoirs. The fact that our primary Mediterranean growing region of California has huge depletion of it's water should be a serious concern. But as always, facts get in the way of the debate. I'm still living by the rule: Never argue with an idiot, an independent observer might not be able to tell the difference after several exchanges.

Simply put, everyone who drives on a public road, goes camping or fishing or any other recreation in the USA is taking advantage of our government and it's resources. The primary cause of bankruptcy for individuals in the USA for the past several decades has been Health Care expenses. Any attempt to effectively deal with that fact has been routinely obstructed until the past 6 years. The solution needs a lot of additional work but has been met with total obstructionism. Beyond those facts, I'll stop since I'm sure there will be responses not based on any reality or facts.....but maybe it's just me.....:tumble:

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 10:56 AM

It isn't just you Sweetwater, I too am out of here. I am recognizing that in the absence of any meaningful response from the "loyal opposition", what I'm really searching for is some reassurance that I am not alone in a wilderness of ignorance and superstition. :lol: I have already wasted far too much time that I could have been out enjoying Baja California, which is what this forum used to be about.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 11:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
Osprey,

(Item #1) You'll see me respond very rarely, if you look back through this thread, I posted the USGS map of the past 108 years of depletion of our ground water reservoirs. The fact that our primary Mediterranean growing region of California has huge depletion of it's water should be a serious concern. But as always, facts get in the way of the debate.

(Item #2) Simply put, everyone who drives on a public road, goes camping or fishing or any other recreation in the USA is taking advantage of our government and it's resources.

(Item #3) The primary cause of bankruptcy for individuals in the USA for the past several decades has been Health Care expenses. Any attempt to effectively deal with that fact has been routinely obstructed until the past 6 years. The solution needs a lot of additional work but has been met with total obstructionism. :

Item #1------I saw that USGS map but could not fully understand it, and said so in a follow up question post. Specifically, what do the minus-numbers mean?

Item #2-----When was the last time you heard anybody complain about "roads" and resources/recreation facilities? THAT is a legitimate function of the Govt. IMO.

Item #3------INSURANCE, specifically HEALTH INSURANCE, is the answer that most people use to offset health related problems in this Country, especially the mega-problems. I have tons of it, personally----don't you? A healthy life-style helps also, as well as not doing very risky things.

Barry
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 11:02 AM

Why are so many of you so unhappy?
It doesn't matter if I answer all your questions or not, because when I do, you don't like my reply and ignore it.
Some of you also misquote me to either try and make me sound wrong or can't accept I am right about some of the things I say. For example, I support paying taxes, fairly, by everyone who lives here old enough to. I do not support corporate welfare and the democrats are as guilty as the republicans on creating special deals for business. No special deals, just FAIR taxes for all, and limited government spending.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
Osprey,

"-------directing resentment to the poor-----"??? What's THAT statement all about?? I don't "resent" the poor, but I do resent enabling and thereby encouraging people to stay poor!!!

The Military budget when maintained at adequate levels is what allows the US Govt. to do their Constitutional duty of protecting the Nation and it's people from their enemies.

Barry

Agree on not enabling the poor to stay where they are.
Military at adequate levels---sure---but as big as it is now? You know when you have this many corporations invested in the military the execs will find excuses to start wars. Iraq---two trillion dollars and counting.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 11:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mexitron  
Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
Osprey,

Barry

Agree on not enabling the poor to stay where they are.
Military at adequate levels---sure---but as big as it is now? You know when you have this many corporations invested in the military the execs will find excuses to start wars. Iraq---two trillion dollars and counting.

That second part sounds a bit like conspiracy, to me--------I don't buy into that statement tho I am sure there is some truth to it in lobby efforts, not actually "starting wars" tho..

I can't remember the actual figures, but I understand that the Military is at record low levels now--------that is scary, to me.

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2015 at 11:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Why are so many of you so unhappy?
It doesn't matter if I answer all your questions or not, because when I do, you don't like my reply and ignore it.
Some of you also misquote me to either try and make me sound wrong or can't accept I am right about some of the things I say. For example, I support paying taxes, fairly, by everyone who lives here old enough to. I do not support corporate welfare and the democrats are as guilty as the republicans on creating special deals for business. No special deals, just FAIR taxes for all, and limited government spending.

there are 2 types of nomads. those that agree with DK, and those that don't. :lol::lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  25

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.