Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  ..  24
Author: Subject: Tiger Woods in Serious Condition after Car Crash
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-12-2009 at 11:53 PM

back in the day whence a girlfriend cheated i was tempted to beat the snot out of her new guy. after much deliberation (drinking) it was decided that she was wrong. dude had no idea what her story was.

every skank from here to Tiger's mom's birthplace knows his story. it's still up to him. he's committed, skank ain't!!!!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNuts
This was in response to the posts that say it's all HIS fault cuz he's the one that was married.

I'm just fostering discussion..........Dennis, Yer up! Agree with that definition or not?

Next?

Not looking for an argument, just discussing......

I think "fault" must be assigned on an individual basis. This wasn't a group conspiracy and each participant acted as their morals dictated.
Is adultery a team sport? I doubt so.
Did Tiger betray a trust? Of course.
Did the skanks betray a trust? I don't know.
Should the skanks share his guilt? No. Why should they?

Nobody has asked if the skanks were married and betrayed their own trust but, they ain't nobody so who cares.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Is a marriage contract only between the two partners?

That's the way I see it. How many names are on the license?

Quote:
If so, why are weddings held in public? Why do people wear wedding rings?

I thought public weddings were all about the party. Besides, what percentage of them are held in public?

Rings are nothing more than a sentmental ornament. They arn't mandatory.
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 06:56 AM

I would think virtually all marriages are held in public. Most states that I have lived in require witnesses and the ceremony is a matter of public record.
There also used to be laws about alienation of affections providing for civil recourse by the spouse towards the interloper. If it's still on the books in Florida and I was Elin, I'd use a chunk of his money to sue them all. Break their little bank accounts defending themselves and go for every dime of royalties they get for any published material ever.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 07:19 AM

I'm thinking that this thread might have the potential to overtake the turtle bust thread. Who'd a thunk it?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 07:55 AM

Quote:
I think you're simplifying.

I think you're dreaming, Larry. To which segment of society are you pronouncing your intentions toward fidelity?
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 08:00 AM

You tweak a memory, lencho. I recall being at wedding or two where part of the ceremony was a statement to the guests/witnesses regarding their acceptance of responsibility to respect and support the marriage. Now, shame on me, I can't even remember which of the myriad of weddings I've been too where I implicitly agreed let alone fulfilled my responsibility.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I think you're simplifying.

I think you're dreaming, Larry. To which segment of society are you pronouncing your intentions toward fidelity?

I believe it was something like "...foresaking all others..." and we pronounced these intentions to the 100 plus friends and family who attended along with anyone else who wanted to listen.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 10:17 AM
Kill Em ALL !

Stoning would be GREAT, although TV would "Blur" the visual detials. It would still be great entertainment and that's what entertainers are for.

Woods Dead. No Losers. Wife and Kids set for life. People who watch Golf (whoever they are) will still have plenty of Players to Veg over.

AND, the ****s deserve whatever they get.for contributing to his family's pain and humiliation. No loss if they're gone, too. It's obvious there aren't any potential high-acheivers among them.

I'D throw the First Stone. Right at the Head.
BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 12:18 PM
As Tiger Woods' reputation sours, how will Tiger's Golf Course projects be affected?

http://www.examiner.com/x-4732-Celebrity-Travel-Examiner~y20...

December 10
Trina Yannicos

As a result of numerous mistress allegations, Tiger Woods' popularity is taking a plunge. Commercials featuring Woods have disappeared from prime-time television, according to Nielsen. And yesterday, US congressman Joe Baca withdrew his proposal for a Bill to give Tiger Woods the Congressional Gold Medal for promoting good sportsmanship and breaking down barriers.

In a statement, Baca said, “In light of the recent developments surrounding Tiger Woods and his family, I will not pursue legislation awarding him the Congressional Gold Medal this session.” as reported by political website, The Hill.com.

One can only wonder how this damage to Tiger Woods' reputation will affect the progress of the three golf courses that Tiger Woods golf course design company, Tiger Woods Design, has in development.

Plans for Tiger Woods Dubai, the first Tiger Woods golf resort in the world, were announced in December 2006. In partnership with Tatweer, the Tiger Woods Dubai is described as "an exclusive golf community that will include ‘Al Ruwaya’, a Tiger Woods designed Golf Course, professionally-staffed golf academy; a 60,000-square-foot clubhouse with the latest amenities and comforts; an 80-suite boutique hotel for VIP guests; 300 luxury villas; 20 mansions and a community retail area."

Tiger Woods Dubai was originally scheduled to open by the end of 2009. However, due to the credit crunch and global economic crisis, it was reported earlier this year that the opening of Woods' Dubai golf resort had been pushed back to 2010 or possibly later.

Woods also has two other golf course projects in development. In November 2008, Tiger Woods Design announced its first golf course in the US to be created near Asheville, North Carolina at The Cliffs at High Carolina. Construction began this year and the grand opening is planned for Fall 2010.

Tiger Woods' first oceanfront golf course called Punta Brava is being planned in Ensenada, Mexico. Punta Brava, which is still in the design phase, has a tentative launch date of late 2010 or early 2011.

However, with the looming factors of the world's financial crisis, as seen with the Dubai project, coupled with the ongoing damage to Woods' brand and image, one can only speculate whether each of the three proposed Tiger Woods golf courses will be completed.

BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 12:20 PM
Cliffs: Tiger's Scandal Won't Affect Golf Course

http://www.wyff4.com/news/21900012/detail.html

Cliffs Communities Relationship With Woods 'Unchanged'

December 8, 2009

ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- The development of the first golf course in the United States designed by Tiger Woods’ design group will continue, despite the scandal that has made the pro golfer front page news.

Scott Ziegler, president of corporate branding for the Cliffs Communities, released a statement on Tuesday saying: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the Woods' family as they deal with this personal and private family matter. Our relationship with Tiger Woods and our commitment to The Cliffs at High Carolina remains unchanged."

The site of The Cliffs at High Carolina is near Asheville. Woods has described the course, surrounded by residential homesites, as a "walkable, mountain course that takes advantage of the amazing views and varied landscape of the Blue Ridge Mountains."

Tiger Woods Design has two other golf course projects underway: Al Ruwaya in Dubai and Punta Brava in Ensenada, Mexico.

The High Carolina course plans its grand opening planned for the fall of 2010.

The Tiger Woods Design course is the centerpiece of The Cliffs at High Carolina, the eighth residential community in The Cliffs’ collection. Properties offered in the grand opening release at High Carolina were priced starting in the $500,000s to more than $3 million.

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 03:39 PM

Global consulting firm Accenture Ltd. has ended its relationship with Tiger Woods, marking the first major sponsor to cut ties altogether with the golfer since his alleged infidelities surfaced and he announced an indefinite leave from the sport to work on his marriage.

In its first statement since the Woods’ scandal erupted, Accenture said Sunday the golfer is “no longer the right representative” after the “circumstances of the last two weeks.” The move ends a six-year relationship during which the firm credited its “Go on, be a Tiger” campaign with boosting its image significantly. Accenture has used Woods to personify its claimed attributes of integrity and high performance.

AP - Dec 13, 4:08 pm EST Golf Gallery “After careful consideration and analysis, the company has determined that he is no longer the right representative for its advertising,” Accenture said, adding that “it wishes only the best for Tiger Woods and his family.”

The firm plans to immediately transition to a new advertising campaign, with a major effort scheduled to launch later in 2010. An Accenture spokeswoman said it is company policy not to discuss details of sponsorship contracts, including whether Woods’ deal contained a morals clause that would allow Accenture to end the contract without paying a break-up fee.

Accenture’s advertising campaign was almost entirely built around Woods and his success by portraying his greatness on the golf course by making a key putt or chipping out of the rough. If Woods had acknowledged mistakes and said he would be back in a month, Accenture might be able to ride it out, said Rick Burton, a professor of sports management at Syracuse University, in an interview.

But Accenture can’t afford to wait for what could be a long time before Woods returns.

“They had tied everything in their campaign to Tiger Woods it appeared,” he said. “If he’s not golfing, those ads don’t make sense.”

Burton noted that Accenture’s billboards and airport advertising need to be replaced quickly. Without a backup plan, the company might will fall back on something simple and conservative that could highlight its logo.

“It is probably prudent to take a low-key, conservative approach until they determine what their next message is that they want to send,” he said. Going forward, Accenture will have to determine whether it wants to stick with sports or whether its been too burned by what happened and will go another route, Burton added.

Woods’ agent, Mark Steinberg, did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment. The PGA Tour said it would have no comment.

Accenture has been title sponsor since 2001 of the Match Play Championship, a lucrative World Golf Championship event that draws the top 64 players from the world ranking. Accenture earlier this year renewed its sponsorship of the tournament through 2014. The contract is separate from its business endorsement with Woods.

While not terminating their relationship completely, another major Woods sponsor pulled away this weekend. On Saturday, Gillette, which uses the slogan “The best a man can get,” said it won’t air advertisements featuring Woods or include him in public appearances for an unspecified amount of time. Woods was hired by Gillette in 2007 and has been in ads for Gillette Fusion Power razors with titles like “Phenom” and “Champions” with other stars including tennis great Roger Federer and soccer player Thierry Henry.

However, other sponsors continue to stick with Woods for the time being.

Electronic Arts, whose EA Sports division has been selling Tiger Woods video golf games for a decade, said Sunday, “We respect that this is a very difficult, and private, situation for Tiger and his family. At this time, the strategy for our Tiger Woods PGA TOUR business remains unchanged.” The game’s next edition featuring Woods comes out in six months.

AT&T said Sunday it continues to evaluate its relationship with the golfer. Watch maker Tag Heuer did not return a call Sunday, but its Web site continues to display photos of Woods’ wearing the Link and Golf Watch models.

Nike Inc. said late Friday it supports Woods’ decision to take time off. Gatorade, a unit of PepsiCo Inc., said previously it supports Woods.

— —

AP Golf Writer Doug Ferguson contributed to this story.

[Edited on 12-13-2009 by CaboRon]

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 03:49 PM

Imho, it's a very sad day for his children but a very good day for Punta Brava.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 03:58 PM

Aside from the drunks and juicers (think Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Barry Bonds, Mark Maguire), the only situation I can think of that is anywhere near analogous to this one is Kobe. Don't know just exactly how one sets the scales of comparison between multiple dalliances and an alleged rape, but for Kobe it blew over. When someone is viewed as the top of their class in a skill or athletic event, fans tend to forgive and forget.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 05:52 PM

Having watched this entire story unfold, it strikes me in a way that Tiger truly is a product of the times we live in. We have become a very "tuned in" society and Tiger reaped the economic benefits of the resulting exposure more than any other athlete up until now. He also has felt the sharp edge of the other side of the sword as real time / online news has brought the high wattage spotlight into every aspect of his personal life.

It is easy for us to sit back and condemn Tiger for what he has done and although I don't condone his actions, we should recognize that they are well within the "norm" for most sport superstars today.

Why do you think so few professional athletes have stepped out to say anything negative? Most of them are guilty of the very same offenses and are probably shaking in their boots at the thought this might happen to them. I have a few friends who made it in professional sports (basketball/baseball) and while sharing emails with them this past few weeks they both admit that the majority of pro athletes they played with "wandered" in their marriages when traveling away from home at one time or another.

I guess we just never expected this from Tiger for some reason...

The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 06:15 PM
Tiger Woods Commemorative Collection

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=NgiCX_y1BW8

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 06:30 PM

You are unique Larry, if in fact you truly had never heard of Tiger Woods before. Tiger's name is probably the most recognized name on the planet across all age groups. That is why I said he so benefited from the modern media age.

I was alerted to this story originally from a friend living in San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina - a town located in northwestern Argentina along the eastern Andes.

It isn't just golfers but he did dramatically enlarge its audience...

:rolleyes:

[Edited on 12-14-2009 by BajaGringo]

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 06:58 PM

WOW! nineteen pages and counting on Tiger.

I havent been paying attention............was he caught with turtle soup???

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
WOW! nineteen pages and counting on Tiger.

I havent been paying attention............was he caught with turtle soup???

Not sure. Has his "little boat" been seen at Bahia Concepcion???

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 07:22 PM

Hey Larry....How about Pele...Gretsky....Jordan. Any of those ring a bell? :lol::lol: Ruth...Mantle...Mays.
Nothing?? :O:O
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  ..  24

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.