Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 09:43 AM

Ron and I have never met but he selflessly helped me out when I came on this forum seeking assistance. It is heartbreaking to think such a horrible thing could happen to an innocent person who was only guilty of being a good neighbour...Please u2u me if the quality of care he receives comes down to dollars and cents. Keeping Ron and Cristina in my prayers, Cathy
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 10:09 AM

I know that people feel that he should never had gone to find out what was going on alone, and I couldn't agree more. But, this was his dear friend's house who also happens to be my brother-in-law. Both shared the same dream and paradise. I am certain that nothing would have stopped Ron to find what was going on at my brother's house, just like nothing would have stopped my brother to look out for Ron's property. They both have been dear friends for many years and our entire family is hurting for this tragic event. Chava called my brother to let him know what was going on with Ron and Cristina and he is heading down to his house and Ron's to get the story straight and look out for the dogs. Please know that everyone at the Chorera loves Ron and Cristina and they will not stop until they know that their home is safe. This is hurting the entire town as much as it hurts all of us here in Bakersfield. Thank you for your prayers they are the most powerful resource the family has right now.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 10:16 AM

Thanks Angels4....we were wondering about the dogs.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 10:19 AM

For me. now is not the time for "should have been's" but rather prayers that they survive. I hope that group does not target their house next :-(
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 10:20 AM

thank you angels4...it's good to know things will be looked after on their home front.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 10:45 AM

sirena was just at the hospital but missed ron's daughter...and the receptionist said both ron & cristina are improving and stable but ron will need 2 more bags of blood...I'm not sure if this is to replace the 2 they gave him...something about a discount on the bill if someone can go give blood...she is confirming his blood type now....hey can anybody send her 99 pesos of minutes to her cell phone...I dont have any left on mine to send...u2u me for her number...she's out of minutes now too...

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 10:58 AM

Perhaps it's not too early to discuss the disposition of the bill being accrued at Del Carmen before it comes as a shocking surprise.
Someone has to discuss this with Christine and she should keep us apprised of the growing amount if we are going to be involved.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ridge
Is there any way to reassure Christine Nelson the sister(or whoever will ultimately make the decision) that there is over $7000 pledged for transport costs in this thread?

I think that's way, way plenty for transportation from the prices I've heard in the past.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:05 AM
Hello, angels4

Thank you for taking the time, in your hour of family crisis, to register on the Baja Nomad board and give us an update.

So many people in this community have expressed their concern for your brother and sister and it is good to know that they and theirs, the dogs, are getting the best response.

I wish you all the best,

Gypsy Jan

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja
Morning all,

Just to let people know-- Rons daughter Christine Nelson DOES know about this thread on Nomads, the ball really is in the families court now, lets not assume that the US is the only place to get competent medical care. The Los Angeles Hospital in Tj is excellent from what I hear and has an MRI facilty nearby. Lets remember that its not always the technology but also the skill, experience and compassion of the doctor/s using the tools!

Also Ron head injury was the most life threatening one, but he had other injuries as well. Chava told me his face was very lacerted and there were possible broken ribs too!

As hard as it is to just wait for us we have to let Ron's family make the informed decisions now, the offers for help are all in place should they seek them out!
Is there any way to reassure Christine Nelson the sister(or whoever will ultimately make the decision) that there is over $7000 pledged for transport costs in this thread?

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by ridge]

Perhaps transport is in the works and just not known on this thread? Patients need to be stable to transport; and when intubated and on ventilator, may be taking time to get them stable? Not a simple transport
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:26 AM

Time is of the essence here. Adequate assessment cannot be made without CAT Scan.
Ron needs for someone to step-up and get him to an appropriate facility. Now.

Yes, I am frightened for him and at this point, frustrated and angry.

I'm going to walk off some of this anxiety and do something positive to help the situation.
I'm headed to the store to buy a phone card to recharge Sirena's cellphone.

Who else?
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja
Morning all,

Just to let people know-- Rons daughter Christine Nelson DOES know about this thread on Nomads, the ball really is in the families court now, lets not assume that the US is the only place to get competent medical care. The Los Angeles Hospital in Tj is excellent from what I hear and has an MRI facilty nearby. Lets remember that its not always the technology but also the skill, experience and compassion of the doctor/s using the tools!

Also Ron head injury was the most life threatening one, but he had other injuries as well. Chava told me his face was very lacerted and there were possible broken ribs too!

As hard as it is to just wait for us we have to let Ron's family make the informed decisions now, the offers for help are all in place should they seek them out!

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by ridge]

Perhaps transport is in the works and just not known on this thread? Patients need to be stable to transport; and when intubated and on ventilator, may be taking time to get them stable? Not a simple transport

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:28 AM

It's great to know Ron's family and friends in the north & south are working on quickly resolving the important issues. Our extended Nomad Familia. Hang tough everyone! Our Heavenly Father.... Tio
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:31 AM

Just got off the phone with Pompano, I told him that I have an IC Ambulance ready to transport Ron. it can be done within the hour as soon as I tell them. they are asking for the service of IC ambulance from the Ensenada hospital to across the border in san Ysidro were the US ambulance would be waiting, $900 dollars.
Now is the daughter wanting to do this and if so how do we get the funds together?
Fernando

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Time is of the essence here. Adequate assessment cannot be made without CAT Scan.
Ron needs for someone to step-up and get him to an appropriate facility. Now.

I am ready to go. Now. I spoke to AMR, they do cross-border emergency transfers all the time. They need an ambulance to be set up from Ensenada to the border, and they set up the rest. With appropriate personell and a hospital to go to on this side.

However, I know that if I set this up, I will hit a brick wall when I get to the hospital in Ensenada unless the daughter is ready and willing to sign the transfer request/authorization. My truck is outside, ready. As soon as I receive the word that the authorization will be signed, I will go.

Amo, what's the latest from Celia? She could set up the ambulance on that side. The AMR folks have worked with her before.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:45 AM

His hospital bill will have to be paid in full before they'll let him go anywhere.
I asked a while ago....does anyone know if arraingements are in place for this or does it have to be attended to?
elbeau
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:47 AM

This is unbelievable. I'll never understand how some people can be so inhuman to others. Ron and Christina, as well as all of you who are friends and family of them are in my prayers.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Just got off the phone with Pompano, I told him that I have an IC Ambulance ready to transport Ron. it can be done within the hour as soon as I tell them. they are asking for the service of IC ambulance from the Ensenada hospital to across the border in san Ysidro were the US ambulance would be waiting, $900 dollars.
Now is the daughter wanting to do this and if so how do we get the funds together?
Fernando

Ferna....Find out if they'll take a credit card. If yes, I'll meet them at Del Carmen.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:48 AM

sirena is waiting to meet with Ron's daughter who is over seeing how Cristina is doing. Her mission is to find out what Ron's daughter is planning and to let her know the funds are available and that many think they should be transferred. I am calling sirena for updates as she still has no saldo on her phone.

The hospital is asking for 2 bags of blood "A positive" to replace what Ron got and they are open till 9:30 for blood donors so that would help. Sirena says they say they are stable and responding to treatment and improving.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:50 AM

I will. The most important question still is , What about Ron's daughter? she has to ok all of this

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
güero
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 11:53 AM

This all brings tears. I hope for the best. I can't help financially at this time but I would be happy to give blood for Ron, or to replace blood he has received. I am in Ensenada and my type is "A positivo". If anyone that is working with this process will let me know where to go and what hours, I can be there this afternoon.
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.