Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  24
Author: Subject: Tiger Woods in Serious Condition after Car Crash
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 07:33 PM

I believe you Larry. I will call you the exception that proves the rule...

;D

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 07:43 PM
I just had an epiphany!

Color me terribly confused. How can Larry say that after countless inferences to this celebrity dude???

Is that you!!??

No wonder I can't sleep at night!:O

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 10:03 PM

Larry: Here's the link:
http://www.documentsanddesigns.com/verse/traditional_vows.ht...

I read through quite a few of the very many different religious marriage vows. Most refer to the witnesses, or the community or those gathered and naturally under which god or flavor. I think its a very public thing and for valid reasons of social structure. They also almost invariably refer to the marriage as permanent. "until death do we part." "Until by death we are parted." "Forever" etc.

If you haven't noticed, and your "news fast" might have prevented it; signatures are being collected to put a proposition on the ballot in California to outlaw divorce. Given that a lot of the folks who mindlessly pledge these things were the same ones who stepped on Prop. 8 marriage equality, the Prop. 8 folks intend to show the hypocrites what it is like to have their marriages legislated. Same sex couples can't marry, but 50% of the population promises God to DIE TRYING, then blow it off. Not much of a rich tradition of marriage, or integrity, at this point in that culture.

Today happens to be the 17th. anniversary of my only marriage. I had other stuff to do until I was 49! We just wished each other another 17. We have had the "expection conversation". We know the boundries. We are committed.
That is what we pledged to our two most trusted friends, my mother-in-law, and my step kids in a quiet conversation in front of the fireplace on a snowy night. He was then a lawyer and did the paperwork. There was wine and warmth.

Don't know what this has to do with Tiger...I had a very rich bachelorhood, THEN I got married. I'm proud of that. I'm not proud of Tiger.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 10:26 PM

Same 17 years for us in July.
Same story for me, long bachelorhood, married late; for good.
Same thoughts on the bonds of marriage and trust.
Same opinion of Tiger.

And of note;
Next month will mark 54 years for my parents.

[Edited on 12-14-2009 by Diver]
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 10:29 PM

Congrats on your 17th, Perry! You have to wonder if the advisors to the man and industry that is Tiger Woods urged him to marry up to display the facade of a family man. It's probably a more lucrative image for gaining endorsements and public appeal.

Meanwhile, a friend cocreated this. I couldn't be more proud... :wow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxJYAOYngCw

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 10:30 PM
What a Heap of Scheisse

ANYBODY who attributes the Woods Blonde Bumping Brouhaha to societal changes is spewing Flatulence.

This kind of thing has been going on among the Rich, Poor and every class in between since recorded history itself first began.

What HAS changed is not society, BUT TECHNOLOGY.

The digital "Revolution" has brought us overpowering News Coverage Competition along with digital Video, Audio and Text communications which have resulted in an unparalled evidence trail.

The ONLY lesson to be learned is: "Don't say, write, e-mail, text or YouTube anything you don't want to come back and bite you.
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 10:46 PM

lencho, don't apologize for not watching television and/or golf! It's like everything, there are superstars in every field.

I wonder if Jacque Cousteau or Edmund Hillary ever had an affair? They were world travelers, granted in a different era with stricter tolerances, but they also did not have the global interconnection and media/paparazzi that are present today. Strong, ambitious men, away from home for months/years at a time.........no way the missus would ever hear about it.......no pictures........come on- do you really think they were just "good little boys" and never tendered the favors of local sweeties?

I think it has to do with the whole celebrity status thing. It could be a rock start, country music star, sports star, fashion designer, and I would venture to include persons such as Gordon Ramsey.......a CHEF!

If Chef Ramsey was exposed in the same scenario as Tiger Woods, it would be all over everywhere! Probably not to the extreme as Tiger Woods, since Ramsey doesn't have that "perfect" image. Ramsey is already sort of a badburro, so if he had an affair that was exposed, it'd be front page for a day and I doubt he'd lose any sponsors. Tiger cultivated this "perfect" image, and when the image is shattered........as the saying goes.......the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

It doesn't matter why the person has the superstar status...(such as Kobe Bryant as a basketball player) what matters is that they got caught. ThenPrez-Clinton and MsMonica?!?!? Talk about fish-frenzy! BUT- (here we go......!!!!) according to the testimony, Bill and Monica did not have intercourse....so according to the previously posted definition...there was no adultery. Alienation of affections would probably apply~~~

I have no knowledge whether or not Cousteau or Hillary did any philandering, I just picked a couple well known names from different professions than sports. But I would like to re-post the definition of adultery, as I think it got lost in the discussions-

Definition of adultery from thefreedictionary.com
a·dul·ter·y (-dlt-r, -tr)
n. pl. a·dul·ter·ies
Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse.
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 10:53 PM

El Camote,
funny song! and I like the original one also!:biggrin:

MrBill, almost sounds like we posted the same views about media/technology:O
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2009 at 01:45 AM
What a coincidence!

Next time Jean Michel stops in for dinner I'll have to ask him about his fathers exploitations. :rolleyes:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2009 at 06:55 AM

Tiger has a typical man affliction that affects some of us where men let the little head do the thinking for the big head. Many have fallen by the wayside because of this. Good ole Tiger has shown us he is a mere mortal with mortal weaknesses. I suspect he will be ok in the end. He may not be as rich as he is now but he will survive. Tiger, sell the yacht. It is a stupid luxury you don’t need right now.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2009 at 08:10 AM

I read last night that he is planing on taking the oversized panga to Sweden. The "little house" Mrs. Woods bought is on an island....

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2009 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
Tiger, sell the yacht. It is a stupid luxury you don’t need right now.

The irony of the yacht thing is, it's name is PRIVACY.
Man....if the walls in that tub could talk.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2009 at 10:24 AM

Jerry Crowe at the Los Angeles Times writes:

Tiger Woods has found a way to accomplish the unthinkable: become even more famous...

Will Tiger recover from this? My initial gut reaction was no; that his image would remain forever tarnished. But then I look at a few of the other famous "wanderers" and they seem to have weathered the storm okay:

Bill Clinton
Kobe Bryant
Magic Johnson
Hugh Grant
Prince Charles
Brad Pitt
Jude Law
JFK
FDR
Michael Jordan
James Cameron
Donald Trump
Morgan Freeman
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain
King David

Having announced that he is taking a break from golf to work on his marriage gives sponsors an "easy out" to drop sponsorship deals. If he isn't playing golf the ad connection is mostly broken. That way sponsors can keep an open door and Tiger saves face.

My guess is that Tiger will come back to play one day and the coverage will be record breaking. So will his future sponsorship deals he negotiates.

Business has no morals...

[Edited on 12-14-2009 by BajaGringo]

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-14-2009 at 10:27 AM

Like I said before,
"Anyone who orders 15 girls at once, can't be all bad":biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 12-14-2009 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Jerry Crowe at the Los Angeles Times writes:

Tiger Woods has found a way to accomplish the unthinkable: become even more famous...

Will Tiger recover from this? My initial gut reaction was no; that his image would remain forever tarnished. But then I look at a few of the other famous "wanderers" and they seem to have weathered the storm okay:

Bill Clinton
Kobe Bryant
Magic Johnson
Hugh Grant
Prince Charles
Brad Pitt
Jude Law
JFK
FDR
Michael Jordan
James Cameron
Donald Trump
Morgan Freeman
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain
King David

Having announced that he is taking a break from golf to work on his marriage gives sponsors an "easy out" to drop sponsorship deals. If he isn't playing golf the ad connection is mostly broken. That way sponsors can keep an open door and Tiger saves face.

My guess is that Tiger will come back to play one day and the coverage will be record breaking. So will his future sponsorship deals he negotiates.

Business has no morals...

[Edited on 12-14-2009 by BajaGringo]

BajaGringo----------I second that----you have nailed it!!!!

Barry
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 11:52 AM
Performance Enhancing Drugs for Tiger

Report: Doctor being investigated in PED probe

NEW YORK – A Canadian doctor who has treated golfer Tiger Woods, swimmer Dara Torres and NFL players is suspected of providing athletes with performance-enhancing drugs, according to a newspaper report.

Human growth hormone and Actovegin, a drug extracted from calf's blood, in Dr. Anthony Galea's bag at the U.S.-Canada border in late September, The New York Times reported. He was arrested Oct. 15 in Toronto by Canadian police.

Using, selling or importing Actovegin is illegal in the United States.

The FBI has opened an investigation based in part on medical records found on Galea's computer relating to several professional athletes, people briefed on the inquiry told the Times on condition of anonymity because they did not want to be identified discussing a continuing investigation.

The anonymous sources did not disclose the names of the athletes, and Galea told the newspaper "it would be impossible" for investigators to have found material linking his athletes to performance-enhancing drugs.

According to the newspaper, Galea has developed a blood-spinning technique — platelet-rich plasma therapy — to help speed post-surgery recovery.

Galea visited Woods' home in Florida at least four times in February and March, the newspaper reported, to provide that platelet therapy after his agents were concerned by his slow recovery from June 2008 knee surgery.

Asked about Woods' involvement with Galea, agent Mark Steinberg told the newspaper in an e-mail: "I would really ask that you guys don't write this? If Tiger is NOT implicated, and won't be, let's please give the kid a break."

According to the report, Galea said Woods was referred to him by the golfer's agents at International Management Group.

However, Steinberg sent an e-mail to the AP on Tuesday that said: "No one at IMG has ever met or recommended Dr. Galea, nor were we worried about the progress of Tiger's recovery, as the Times falsely reported. The treatment Tiger received is a widely accepted therapy and to suggest some connection with illegality is recklessly irresponsible."

Woods announced Friday that he was taking an indefinite leave from golf to concentrate on his marriage after allegations of infidelity surfaced in recent weeks.

Torres told the newspaper Galea found a previously undiagnosed tear in her quad tendon.

"Excluding draining my knee, he has never treated me, but I did see his chiropractor who did soft-tissue work on my leg," she said in an e-mail to the Times. "That was the extent of my visit with him."

Her agent, Evan Morgenstein, told the AP that Torres was not available for comment Monday night.

Brian H. Greenspan, Galea's criminal defense attorney, said an investigation will vindicate his client.

"Dr. Galea was never engaged in any wrongdoing or any impropriety," Greenspan said. "Not only does he have a reputation that is impeccable, he is a person at the very top of his profession."

While acknowledging he used HGH himself for 10 years, Galea told the newspaper he never gave any athletes the substance, which is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. And Galea told the Times he has never combined HGH or Actovegin with his platelet treatments.

"All these athletes come see me in Canada cause I fix them, and I think people just assume that I'm giving them stuff," he told the newspaper. "They don't have to come to me to get HGH and steroids. You can walk into your local gym in New York and get HGH."

Prescribing HGH is legal in Canada; it can be used in the United States but only in a few instances that don't include hastening recovery from surgery.

Galea is also being investigated by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for smuggling, advertising and selling unapproved drugs as well as criminal conspiracy, the Times reported.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 12:08 PM

I have been following comments by his rivals and almost all of them seem to be supportive, hoping he makes a quick return to golf. Tiger has helped make all of them more money since he came on the pro scene back in 1996. If he takes an extended / permanent retirement from the sport it is most likely that tournament purses as well as endorsement deals for the players will shrink.

Money, more than anything else will dictate the direction of this story IMHO...

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 12:25 PM
Rivals ?

Would those be other Well-Known Married Prolific Blonde Bangers ?

Or, Golfers ?

It would seem the former are better qualified to discuss his "Problem".

AND, more recognizable to the General Public. I can't think of another Pro Golfer's name.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 12:27 PM

And that is why the other guys need him....

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-16-2009 at 08:17 AM

In this morning's UK tabloid:

WOODS could be dragged into an FBI investigation into sports doping, it was claimed last night.

The probe centres on Dr Anthony Galea, 50, who treated the star after knee surgery - and is now being investigated over alleged performance-enhancing drugs.

Agents have seized Galea's medical records. But there is NO suggestion that Woods received any illegal drugs.

In other words, his troubles are far from over. They'll try everything to tie him to this also.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  24

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.